Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Big Brother

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2011 9:26:05 AM PDT
@gambitrmp:

>>"When they switched from the public voting people out to the houseguests doing it, that def. made it more like Survivor but at least unpopular people can still win HOH & a smaller alliance can fight back against a larger one..."<<

Yes, I totally agree. It really did "even the odds" a bit to give the smaller alliances a fighting chance.

>>"I think Survivor has gotten away from the "Yik" factor a lot."<<

I was glued to my TV during Survivor's first and second season. But as the casting got more and more bizarre (similar to Big Brother) and they amped up the yik factor, I became less and less interested. I haven't watched Survivor for quite some time now.

>>"I think you'd have to be 1/2 nuts to sign up for the "invasion of privacy" that goes with either one. I think you'd almost have to be doubly nuts to sign up for Survivor esp. unless you have actual survival skills. Some seasons where they show the kinds of wildlife "sharing thier" space makes me cringe."<<

LOL...I totally agree with you. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2011 10:45:16 AM PDT
gambitrmp says:
Maybe that's partly why casting is getting weirder & weirder. As normal people watch these shows they realize they wouldn't want to be on them.

I said partly because I've seen some "inside casting" special where they admit they look for people that include such a wide variety of personilities that conflict is inevitable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2011 10:54:34 AM PDT
gambitrmp says:
Liz, I almost hate to admit it but I often find the pretty factor is what sucks me in these days. I remember liking 2 girls in Jordan's 1st season. 1 went week one or two. I remembered thinking if Jordan got eliminated, I'd stop watching. She won so I never did. I remember thinking that before & when the "hottie" went but I was still curious to see who won since it was toward the end.

I agree that Rachel is coming off VERY poorly. Some people are very different at work than they are at home. In that vein I won't just call her an ugly (speaking inside) person but she is ugly on the show for sure. When not "made up", she is about downright ugly on the outside. When made up, passable IMO. Either way it's sometimes hard to see what Brendan sees in her although sometimes he seems okay & sometimes he seems like the "male version" of her. I don't know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2011 12:29:29 PM PDT
@gambitrmp: >>"Either way it's sometimes hard to see what Brendan sees in her although sometimes he seems okay & sometimes he seems like the "male version" of her."<<

I never realized that, but you're right. I'm going to be seeing him in all new light now. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2011 12:27:34 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 16, 2011 10:12:32 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 11:46:04 PM PDT
So...what did you all think of what happened tonight?

I'm glad that Dom got voted off and that Daniele's plot against Jeff was revealed. I like Jeff and Jordan a lot (probably out of everyone in the house) so I would like to see them get to the end. I thought Daniele was stupid to try to back door Jeff this early in the game. Instead, she should have tried to convince Rachel to go after the other floaters (like Lawon) which would have gotten Dom off the chopping block without betraying the veteran alliance.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 5:25:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 29, 2011 6:09:44 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 5:26:41 AM PDT
Allie says:
no I don't have any of those. I collect Murder She Wrote though. Love Jessica Fletcher.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 5:29:59 AM PDT
Allie says:
Kelly~ I can't understand it. Danielle was sitting so pretty. All the vets were going after the newbs. The newbs were targeting Brendan and Rachel. Danielle was flying way under the radar. Why she wanted to stir the pot and cause drama when she didn't need to I will never understand. I love Danielle too. I think she is one of the few intelligent and gutsy women to ever play the game. I just wish she held off a bit to make her big moves. I hope she won hoh. Don't tell me if you know! LOL :)

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 5:36:25 AM PDT
Allie says:
This is a funny local commercial from LA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwTIa_2A9ZU

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 9:38:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 18, 2012 1:36:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 9:39:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 18, 2012 1:36:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 10:15:44 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
spoilers alert please, I haven't watched it yet.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 10:15:47 AM PDT
Yeah, I have no idea who won HOH. I, too, want to be surprised when I watch it Sunday night. The challenge looked interesting...and I bet it would get hard very quickly since it looks to be an endurance test.

That speech that Dominic made was very weird. It's like he was trying to stir the pot or something, but missed the mark.

I think Daniele thought she could "save" Dominic, but I think she overestimated her ability to influence Rachel and Brandon. What people do for 'showmance'...*sigh* ((shakes head)).....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 10:29:09 AM PDT
Allie says:
The show has already aired. It would be silly to put a spolier alert in front of every one of our conversations if that episode has already been shown.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 10:34:40 AM PDT
Allie says:
It would be unlikely for a big guy like Adam to win an endurance comp. Those are better suited for the little people but who knows!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 10:36:45 AM PDT
Allie says:
The irony of it all is.... Brendan and Jeff were all set to keep Dom if Dani's plan hadn't been brought to light. If Danielle had just kicked back and let things unfold... she would probably still have her friend there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 10:40:11 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Well I taped it and haven't watched it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:02:11 AM PDT
gambitrmp says:
David, I watched SYTYCD & missed Wednesday's episode live so I watched that during the Thursday time slot & I'll watch Thursdays tonight on On Deman so I almost didn't come in here "knowing" it would be spoiled. You shouldn't have opened this thread if you didn't want a spoiler on what aired. I decided it didn't matter that much partyly since it seemed pretty obvious to me what would happen.

Your choice but come here without being up to date at your own risk. I agree no spoiler alert needed in talking about what already aired.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:04:42 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Hey I was just returning the favor because Somebody said I should put spoiler alerts because I posted that Evil Dick left the house.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 11:07:45 AM PDT
gambitrmp says:
Now back on subject, glad to hear Dom got voted out. Adam is growing on me. I like Danielle, Jeff, & Jordan so I think it's a shame that they're not the ones in alliance together. I'm REALLY tired of watching/listening to Rachael so I hate that Jeff & Jordan are alligned with her. Hopefully someone will get her out & it won't hurt Jeff & Jordan sticking around for a while. Since Jordan is a prev. winner I'm not sure I want to see her repeat but I'd like her to stick around a while longer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:10:06 AM PDT
Allie says:
David~ Are you dense? You anounced ED's departure BEFORE that particular show aired. Don't you get it?

So you come to this thread to read this discussion after last night's show. So what did you think we would be talking about? the weather?

I would like to have you enjoy this thread and contribute meaningfully.... but I feel like you just want to be difficult.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:10:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2011 11:12:01 AM PDT
gambitrmp says:
You could've said what I said to you to them back then I suppose. Edit - nevermind after reading Allie's post - sounds like you were in the wrong on both accounts.

I stand by come here at your own risk if you're not up-to-date I suppose.

Sorry you got an unwanted spoiler though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:17:23 AM PDT
@David:

You posted about Evil Dick before it was aired on TV. What is being discussed here are things that has aired. That is the difference. Okay?

So...what did you think of what happened on yesterday's show? Do you have a favorite player that you are rooting for to win?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:17:39 AM PDT
Allie says:
Adam is growing on me too. He seems to be avoiding conflict and I hope he'll go far. He kept referring to himself as the brains so I am curious to see some plotting and strategy from him later on in the season.

I also wish Rachel wasn't aligned with Jeff and Jordan. I hope that tie is broken soon. I only hope it's Jeff and Jordan who turn on Brendchel first.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
best tv shows made in australia 1696 1 hour ago
Sons of Anarchy( SOA) 104 2 days ago
The Flash 16 2 days ago
What was your favorite commercial 119 2 days ago
Walking Dead... Anybody Watching? 74 3 days ago
American Horror Story 318 3 days ago
Major Crimes 299 4 days ago
***State of Affairs*** 0 4 days ago
What TV Commercials do you Hate? 220 5 days ago
all television actors and actresses who have passed away 1296 7 days ago
How to Get Away With Murder 16 7 days ago
Br eaking Ba d 3102 7 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  5001
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions