Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Fans Of Doctor Who

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 235 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 13, 2012 9:49:00 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Jenny is in a way a reconstituted Time Lord so I wouldn't mind seeing her make a future appearance . She is roaming the galaxy . I wouldn't mind a spin-off series with just her having grand adventures.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 2:58:39 PM PDT
Most used by me... 

"Exterminate!"
"I've got that on a t-shirt"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 3:00:06 PM PDT
I always expected Jenny to return. She was a brilliant character.

And I think Tennants actual wife.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 4:34:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2012 4:36:41 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
If Jenny is the woman cloned from the doctors flesh. The woman that plays the cloned woman is his real life wife and mother of his child.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 4:48:15 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I'm surprised Moffit didn't try and make the doctor's daughter his new side kick for a season. I think that could have been pretty interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 5:55:17 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I love when people share their fandom with everyone in the form of T-shirts and stuff. I personally have a poster of the Tardis exploding, seen in the Doctor Who episode involoving Van Gogh, hanging in my office.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 3:08:16 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
New Question.

If there is one enemy or obstacle you would like to see the Doctor face what would that be?

With me, I would love to see the Doctor face an evil version of himself.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 3:24:30 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Have the Doctor face The Greatest Time Lord, Rasalan again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 3:25:52 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Stranger things have happened , Tom Baker married Romana .

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 3:32:38 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Or River Song. I think River Song going postal and taking her anger out on the Doctor would be interesting.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:12:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 4:15:19 PM PDT
I think it would be great if Christopher Ecclestone, David Tennant and Matt Smith were brought together in one episode or a two parter, in a spoof as The Three Musketeers. (The Three Doctorteers....)

And include other living past Doctors in appropriate roles.

I know it would be very costly but it would be fun to send them back to 17th Century France.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 4:23:49 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I think that three getting together would be great, but to get Tennant to agree it would have to be a serious story line. I don't think he would do a spoof. But in saying that, the idea is hilarious and something I would actually pay to see.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 4:28:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 4:35:12 PM PDT
JB, yes I think it would have to be a serious but tongue in cheek production. David could play Aramis.

The Master could be Cardinal Richelieu but who to play him....
Which assistant to play Constance, and who could be brought in as D'Artagnan?

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:32:21 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Now I'm hooked on the idea. I hope Steven Moffet is reading this forum.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:25:52 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Christopher is doing Features, David is putting Doctor Who behind him so he can concentrate on his US TV Series. Sounds like a horrible idea for the revamped series Doctors. Besides They can't cross into their own timelines unless the most severe Threat to the Time Lords occurs and last I checked all the Time Lords except The Doctor are extinct. Besides Time Lords are able to regenerate only 12 times before dying and Matt is the 11th Doctor.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:43:24 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
It was just a fun thought is all. I didn't know a time lord can only regenerate 11 times. I hope the next regeneration brings along a female Doctor. I think its time for that to happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:23:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 11:25:44 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
They can only regenerate 12 times, which means they can have only two more replacement actors after Matt Smith. Matt being the 10th Regeneration. He is the 11th Doctor. Not counting Peter Cushing , but counting Paul Gann.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:50:38 PM PDT
Green Meanie, Paul McGann was in a film of Dr Who. He never played the doctor in a series, it was a separate programme.
I don't think he can be included.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 12:20:24 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Well that's good to hear. That means we Doctor Who fans can count on quite a few more shows to come our way.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:25:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 12:26:46 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Here's a new question. If The Doctor were to be regenerated into a woman what female actress would you love to see play the character of Doctor Who?

My answer is Emilia Clarke. Clemency Poesy would be great as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 10:34:12 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
He counts because Sylvester McCoy regenerated into Paul McGann.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 1:45:14 PM PDT
Green Meanie, yes, apologies :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 8:55:54 PM PDT
lacunae says:
on the other hand, not only has the Master already exceeded/circumvented the 12 regeneration limit, but in classic series story "The Five Doctors", the Time Lord High Council offered him a whole new cycle of regenerations (in exchange for his help in rescuing the Doctors), so it seems to me that the 12 regeneration limit was something that the Time Lords had control over. Now that the Time Lords (and Gallifrey) are no more, that could mean that the limit no longer applies... (or not, but it doesn't seem likely that the BBC will end the show after the 13th Doctor considering how well the show is doing)

There was also the 11th Doctor's (rather flippant) answer to Clyde's question about it in the SJA series (507 times), tho that seems about as trustworthy as most of his answers about his current age.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 9:14:45 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
That's good information to have because I, like most people, don't want the show to go away anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 10:52:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 10:56:34 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
The Master chose to not regenerate for the last time so he can torment the Doctor and get the last victory. From that Great Series 3 Finale when The Master took over the world and kidnapped Martha Jones' Family and held them in a air ship.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Martial Law starriing Sammo Hung 10 13 minutes ago
Chesapeake Shores 0 47 minutes ago
best tv shows made in australia 2791 58 minutes ago
`*`*The Tour de France*`*` 137 1 hour ago
Guess That TV Show Quote! 88 8 hours ago
TV shows that should definitely be banned! 14 9 hours ago
The Exorcist is going to be a TV series on Fox this Fall 2 14 hours ago
What TV Commercials do you Hate? 372 17 hours ago
Team Ninja Warrior 137 18 hours ago
-What Are You Listening To- 1166 21 hours ago
*★* The Hollywood Hot Tub *★* 5743 22 hours ago
for fans of Classic Television 847 23 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  235
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions