Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Fans Of Doctor Who

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 235 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 3:11:18 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I think Itunes has a package where you can get the entire season. Since its only five seasons it probably won't cost to much. I like all the people who chat on my forum, it's nice to have some fellow whovians to talk to, where I live there aren't that many. When I ask someone if they watch Doctor Who they ask, Who? Doctor what? So I like to try and make sure everyone feels included, I'm just a softy like that. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 3:52:25 PM PDT
I was ecstatic to find additional Doctor Who fans here! So thank you for the thread.

A few weeks ago, I wore my "The Angels Have The Phonebox" t-shirt to a party. About 20 minutes later I vowed never to wear that shirt in public again. It was extremely tiring to explain the joke to EVERY SINGLE PERSON!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:08:39 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
No problem. :)

I know how you feel about having to explain things over and over again. I have a poster in my office that depicts the Tardis Exploding. It's painted in the style of Van Gogh and is from an episode of Doctor Who, I can't remember which one, but I always get asked about it when I have people over. It's right next to my poster of Van Gosh's 'Starry Night' so you wouldn't think it would get so much attention.

I thought about getting one of those shirts but wasn't sure about the long term durability in regards to fading letters. Since you own one, is it something you would recommend?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:18:59 PM PDT
Pretty sure it's from "The Pandorica Opens". Actually, I think that's the name of the painting too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:23:55 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I think you're right. Thank's for the heads up on the name.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:27:11 PM PDT
Anidori-Isilee is correct on the episode name. Such a great episode!

I have a couple of shirts. They are only a few months old but the quality seems reasonable for the price. However the sizes run small.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:40:29 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Thanks for hte help, I'll have to check them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:47:41 PM PDT
No problem.

Off topic... I ordered the first season of Warehouse 13. Hopefully I'll have time to watch this weekend. But I can't promise.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 4:49:16 PM PDT
On topic...

Which location and/or planet was your favorite in DW?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:51:08 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
You'll love it. The show gets better and better with every episode.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 4:53:33 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
My favorite planet would have to be the planet of the Ood. I really enjoyed getting a look at their world. Also the new, new, New York(I hope I put enough New's in there) was really fun to see.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 5:03:09 PM PDT
Both are great. Loved The Face of Bo!

I'm partial to the 51st century spaceship From "The Girl in the Fireplace" episode. The mixture of clockwork androids, time windows and creepy spaceship "parts" was completely fascinating to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 5:16:27 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I loved 'The Girl in the Fireplace' The clockwork androids really impressed me. The story was sad, but overall is was fun to watch and an episode worthy of viewing again.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:01:25 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I have a new question:

What scene from a Doctor Who episode moved you the most?

For me, the scene that moved me the most is from 'The Doctor's Wife'. And I quote:

Tardis-- "Are you there? It's so very dark in here."
The Doctor -- "I'm here."
Tardis-- "I've been looking for a word... a big, complicated word for one so sad. I've found it now.
The Doctor-- "What word?"
Tardis--- "Alive... I'm alive."
The Doctor---"Alive isn't sad."
Tardis--- "It's sad when it's over. I'll always be here, but this is when we talked. And now even that is come to an end. There's something I didn't get to say to you."
The Doctor--- "Goodbye."
The Tardis--- "No.... I just wanted to say... hello.... Hello Doctor, it's so very, very nice to meet you."
The Doctor--- "Please... I don't want you to."

Wow, what a scene. It still get's me whenever I watch it.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 3:37:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2012 10:53:50 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 6:20:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2012 10:53:41 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 10:57:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2012 1:24:03 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
New ? If you guy's are interested.

Who are your top five favorite Doctor Who Characters . Here are mine:

1. Doctor Who (Duh :))
2. River Song
3. Jack Harkness
4. Amy Pond
5. Weeping Angels

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 1:22:28 PM PDT
JB, did you mean characters?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 1:25:28 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I did. Its been a loong day. Sorry about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 1:43:35 PM PDT
I thoroughly agree. The first doctor I was conscious of is Jon Pertwee, I was around 4 years old at the time, and my cousins (who we lived with at the time) watched it every afternoon. The mighty Tom Baker came along when I was older, and because of him I became a fan. I've watched it through all of the doctors and thoroughly enjoyed them all. To me, however, The One True Doctor will forever be, and I will forever prostrate myself before, His Absolute Doctorness, Tom Baker!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 1:45:43 PM PDT
This is true, however, we mustn't forget that Amy gave us River...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 1:51:25 PM PDT
I think Mickey was a bit of a dark horse there. More to him than we expected.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 1:56:39 PM PDT
I've got that on a shirt and a coffee mug. When I wear the shirt out and about, the real die-hard fans reveal themselves. I love it, a real solidarity appears. A great icebreaker too. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 2:00:11 PM PDT
In my opinion the doctor cannot be a woman, must always be a man. It just wouldn't be right. The whole dynamic would change too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 2:03:28 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I agree. Plot lines and the tones of stories would have to change to much. I wish that wasn't the case, but unfortunitly it is.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
*★* The Hollywood Hot Tub *★* 4408 2 hours ago
Tic-Tac-Toe 2792 2 hours ago
OT: Word Game!! 14 3 hours ago
When watching Mash realize that North Korean mass-murderer Kim II Sung started the entire Korean War 118 7 hours ago
True book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests showing parental neglect causes homosexuality 83 7 hours ago
Get the great Benny Hill Complete and Unadulterated Megaset here at amazon! Hill's show was considered better than Monty Python by two UHF stations (WOR and WLVI)---I agree! 255 7 hours ago
Which shows that premiered this season are you enjoying the most, and which shows (new or not) are you sorry will not be returning? 24 7 hours ago
Person of Interest 28 8 hours ago
The Flash 99 11 hours ago
`Scream` 27 12 hours ago
`*`*The Tour de France*`*` 88 13 hours ago
The Munsters are way more important than the Addams Family! 8 14 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  235
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions