Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

American Horror Story

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 345 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2011 7:25:18 PM PDT
Lynda says:
Did any of you see this one? If so, care to share your thoughts?

I didn't see the whole thing but the part I saw was pretty creepy. I am going to try to see it again, if I can remember it. For some reason, shows on FX just don't fix themselves on my mental calendar.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 3:45:53 PM PDT
Lynda says:
Is it that nobody watched it, or nobody wants to talk about it?

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 5:26:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2011 5:27:53 PM PDT
RichieV says:
I looked for it but think I missed it. The show looked interesting I will probably look it up on Hulu

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 7:59:06 AM PDT
Teebox says:
I watched the entire show.....Quite creepy and dark. Between the devil baby and the wife being raped by a ghost in a S&M suit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 12:22:34 PM PDT
Lynda says:
It really is out there. From the very start, it was obvious there was going to be some strange stuff going on!

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 4:34:25 PM PDT
Music Lover says:
I watched it. not sure it's good yet but it did enough to get me to watch again this week. creepy and weird for sure

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 5:30:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011 10:58:30 AM PDT
RichieV says:
I saw it on Hulu, It skips around a bit and has a different shooting style. I'll keep watching but it is on the odd side. I can't say I liked it but I did keep watching and will watch some more episodes.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 10:07:31 AM PDT
lifewontwait says:
I DVR'd it but haven't had time to watch yet. Will report back when I do.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 10:16:20 PM PDT
Dorsie says:
I thought it was great, and seriously adult scary. They put a lot of plot threads in the pilot. We'll see what they do with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 1:35:37 AM PDT
strange stuff

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 5:21:21 PM PDT
Lynda says:
Truly strange, but I like a good ghost story. It's on again tonight. Hope it doesn't get weak on the second episode.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 2:17:21 PM PDT
Lynda says:
******** SPOILER ALERT ******** ( a little one)

Another strange episode. My favorite exchange in the episode was between Dylan McDermot's character and the man who was badly burned when he burned down his house with his family inside. The snippet of conversation is from memory, so it is most likely paraphrased.

Ben is confessing how he had a one time affair and thinks he should tell everything.
The burned man says, "I'm having a hard time not judging you right now."
Ben says, "How dare you judge me. You murdered your family!!"
Burned man replies, "Yes... But I was NEVER unfaithful."

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 4:34:46 PM PDT
Dorsie says:
I still really like it after the second episode, but there's a lot going on at once, so I'm going to watch it again. It's going to be hard to maintain this level of action and intensity. But I love the wicked blonde woman next door.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 11:32:11 AM PDT
Lynda says:
Ohhh, she is wicked isn't she?! I feel badly for her sister or daughter with downs syndrome. Putting her in that mirrored closet and closing the door, telling her to look at herself for a while.

The maid that keeps changing to a young temptress whenever Ben is looking at her is pretty strange too. For now, I believe I will make it a point to watch this one.

You know there are a couple shows of a similar style going to be on regular network tv. They may be good for viewers who don't want their creep fix smashed in their faces, so to speak. Surely, Once upon a Time and Grimm will have to make their shows a good bit tamer. I suppose we'll find out soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 3:48:36 PM PDT
Dorsie says:
I have a feeling that Mommie dearest will get her due, most likely from her daughter.

As for the maid, the weirdest thing was what the main couple's daughter saw when the maid was going after Dad. Eeew! (My apologies to Frances Conroy, who is only eight years older than Dylan McDermott.)

Did you ever watch the series "American Gothic," which ran for one season in 1995-1996? That was a terrific horror series, and I think it was designed to have just one season, since the story ending took three episodes.

American Gothic - Complete Series

Gary Cole as Sheriff Lucas Buck was my favorite villain ever. His tag line was "That's 'Buck,' with a B."

It has an 8.1 rating on IMDB.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 5:16:44 PM PDT
lifewontwait says:
Actually, American Gothic had two seasons--it's one of my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 5:32:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2011 5:34:04 PM PDT
Dorsie says:
Thanks for the info. I just remember it had a nicely plotted ending. I'm adding it to my DVD order for Dexter Season 5.

Gotta go. Someone's at the door. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 6:08:35 AM PDT
shaggy765 says:
I watched it. It was different that's for sure! I have to say it kept me very interested throughout. I have it set up for a series recording and look forward to watching.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 6:12:47 AM PDT
shaggy765 says:
I liked that excerpt too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 6:14:13 AM PDT
shaggy765 says:
She is definitely one of a kind! I wonder what her ties to the house are? I'm sure we will find out soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 1:59:40 PM PDT
Dorsie says:
Well, we know from the first episode that she once killed the maid. She said, "Don't make me kill you again." Talk about holding a grudge.

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 9:11:25 PM PDT
I just watched the Texas Rangers win. After readin all of yalls remarks I think I will watch the 2nd one tonight.
Maybe it will be just as good as the 1st.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 9:08:43 AM PDT
Lynda says:
I loved Amerian Gothic! From that show, I really took an interest in young Lucas Black. He has become quite the actor. He will soon be in a movie with Robert Duvall, about golf -- of all things. Can't remember the name. I had already seen him in another movie with Robert Duvall, "Get Low" about an eccetric old codger who wanted to attend his own funeral before he died. Based on a true story, it was pretty good. Anyway, I was going to say that I saw Duvall on some talk show and he was really singing the praises of Lucas Black.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 9:12:12 AM PDT
Lynda says:
Let's hear it for the Texas Rangers~ (I hope that's who you were rooting for!)

In my opinion, it was as good and I have hopes that next week will continue that trend!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 8:37:07 PM PDT
I couldnt find the 2nd show. But I did love the Rangers game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  345
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions