Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

American Idol 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 5:41:21 PM PST
RichieV says:
Watching the first episode now. I really don't like the 4 judge set up. Too much talking not enough singing.

plus the Mariah, Minaj snarkiness is going to get old fast.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 12:57:35 PM PST
Bookgirl says:
Richie, don't you mean AI 2013? Haven't watched yet. Think will wait till they choose the ones going to Hollywood first.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 2:52:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 7:23:37 AM PST
My interest in the show has been waning since season 5. If I decide to watch any this year, I'll probably wait until performance rounds begin in March.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 7:24:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 7:26:59 AM PST
I find The Voice to be a superior show compared to Idol.

A few reasons why:

1. The celebrity panel are coaches rather than judges. They have a vested interest in the success of the contestants chosen for their teams. They offer valuable insights and constructive criticism.

2. The auditions are focused on singing ability. Idol's auditions are often focused on train wrecks and humiliation.

3. Many of the contestants have had previous professional musical experience, resulting in a stronger talent pool.

4. The contestants can be themselves. They aren't forced into a box each week by tired themes - disco, Motown, Broadway showtunes, etc. They are encouraged to perform in the genres in which they shine.

5. The Voice is open to a wide range of stylistic diversity. They've had rockers, a classical singer, country singers, R&B singers, pop singers, etc.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 7:25:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2013 5:44:04 PM PST
Now that the voting rounds have begun I've started checking out this season. I like a couple of the girls. Not too thrilled about the guys. The judges are ok except for Nikki Minaj. I can't stand her.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:43:29 PM PDT
RichieV says:
There seem to be two I like this season. It's a pretty boring season overall so far. Not liking the song choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 6:48:17 AM PDT
stevign says:
re: "Idol's auditions are often focused on train wrecks and humiliation."

And THAT is the only thing worth watching those shows for, it's hilarious how deluded and tone deaf these people are. After the funnier-than-hell auditions are over, one is left listening to insipid Pop music, unless one is a tweenie, why tune in?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 4:56:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 6:30:29 PM PDT
My family and I tune in after the auditions part to see talented performers such as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, or Chris Daughtry.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions