Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

What TV Commercials do you L*O*V*E*???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 303 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 7, 2014 8:52:15 PM PST
John Smith says:
Don't know if this one has been mentioned; I didn't want to read all thirteen pages. But I just saw this on TV, and it made me laugh out loud. It's Geico's western-themed "words can hurt" spot. I just crack up when the woman says, "Jessie?"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCysb4_-4jU

I'm no fan of commercial interruptions. But if they must occur, I hope they keep making 'em like that.

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 3:25:11 PM PST
Geico Horror Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrrw0wNLc2g

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 2:59:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2014 3:25:39 PM PST
E-Harmony Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQhforxHvPw

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 6:05:12 PM PDT
Lynda says:
There's one I've seen lately that I really like. It has a father and his young son at the kitchen table. The dad is telling his son how there's just nothing like Jello pudding some days. He describes waking up every morning with less hair than he had the day before, and driving to work every day in the crushing traffic and how thing at work are always very trying. The whole time he is describing his day, his son is seeing himself in his dad's position. It's very cute. At the end the boy slides his bowl across the table, telling his dad that he needs it more.

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 12:00:55 PM PDT
I developed a massive crush on Robia La Morte during her stint on 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', not realizing I'd earlier seen her in this ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvE-JuCiTw

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:26:31 AM PDT
Going way back, Stroh's beer put out a long run of funny, well-done ads in the 60s-70s. A few that come to mind:

-What looks like an anti-drug PSA has a dad entering his son's room and confronting him with the question "When you go out with your friends, do you drink beer?" after some back-and-forth the son shouts "Of COURSE I drink beer, Dad! [we see him for the first time] I'm 35 years old!" Dad replies "I want to make sure you're drinking GOOD beer, son!"

- A British regiment marching through a hot desert stops for a break. One of them tells a friend to open up "one of them Stroh's beers". His friend pantomimes opening a bottle and 'passing' it around to his appreciative comrades. As they leave, the sergeant points to the nonexistent empty and barks "Pick it up, man! Don't want them to know we've been here!"

- A couple of dusty Western galoots wheel into a tony city bar, ordering Stroh's. The well-dressed clientele looks on in puzzled amusement as the two cheerfully whoop it up. One tells the bartender "We come over a thousan' miles fer some Stroh's beer!" The bartender shrugs "Doesn't surprise me" as a bowler-hatted London businessman strides in and orders one. In the fadeout a galoot hollers "HAW! I like him!"

What can I say? I saw these decades ago and still recall them well. Can't find them on these internet tubes though...

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 7:29:29 PM PDT
Jay #1 says:
Bittersweet,

Did you see the body and/or an OFFICIAL Death Certificate?

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 7:23:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2013 2:55:59 AM PDT
Anna-P says:
Hey Bittersweet,
I'm embarassed to admit I haven't mastered copying links on my new tablet! I really like it but I have some learning to do. :0)
My friend and I were joking about this the other day and she found them all on the web, no problem. She searched "9/11 Budweiser commerial" (I like the longer version), "State Farm French model", and "hail to the v". Up they popped. Now I'm going to find my grandson or the neighbor's kid to show me how to use this thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 8:39:43 AM PDT
Very cool Anna-P...Do you have links to these commercials??? I normally know most of the clever ones but these escape me!!! pout*

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 9:20:51 PM PDT
Anna-P says:
-State Farm commercial with the girl dating thr "French model". Its been absorbed into our vocab. Whenever someone falls for something obviously farfetched, we ask them if they're "dating French models too".
-The Budweiser 9/11 tribute still gives me the sniffles. May be kind of nerdy but I recorded. It was lost when a lightning strke blew my electronics.
-While I normally hate fem hygiene adds and it apparently stirred outrage in some circles, the Summer's Eve commercial with the knights and ninjas battling over women had me roaring with politically incorrect laughter.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 7:29:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2013 11:02:36 AM PDT
Hey VS...

re: "The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father"

Excellent yet CreepY at the same time!!!

I notice that youR quite passionate about #FreeBabylon5 ...Do we even get this show in the states??? I don't know---

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 7:27:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2013 8:00:06 AM PDT
Hey Y*O*U*!!!

That must be some sweet* new position!!! You seemed to have disappeared off the face of the (((EARTH))) ((earth)) (earth)!!!

<That's an (((echO)))>

BUT----I'm happy to see that you've surfaced~~~if only for a short visit to the TV forum...Hugs*

I have about a million questions but I"ll save them for next time...

Take care my Sister Friend~

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 3:52:16 AM PDT
my favourite advert is a fake advert from the Psy Corp episode of Babylon 5 "The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father" filled with great propaganda .

#FreeBabylon5

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2013 8:09:34 PM PDT
Butterfly says:
Hey sweetie pie!! XOXOXO

Now that I'm working full time my life is sooo different and I don't have as much time to be online.

Miss you a bunch!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 1:41:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2013 4:33:00 PM PDT
Hey there Althea sista-friend!!! HUGS*

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28200000/Helllo-hello-28283406-400-300.gif

http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/000/000/7a2/760262167_840172.gif

...Good to see you!!! MORE HUGS*...I hope "things" are going well....MORE more MORE hugs*~~~

Try not to be such a {{{stranger}}}} `round these parts~~~...btw...we missed you at Pumpkins* birthday partay!!! All I brought was slaw....tears*

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2013 10:26:37 PM PDT
Butterfly says:
Love these commercials!

Posted on May 3, 2013 5:09:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2013 5:11:19 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 3, 2013 5:08:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 3, 2013 5:09:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2013 8:25:26 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2013 8:19:01 AM PDT
ĴĴ says:
YES!!! Those are some good ones!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2013 8:17:30 AM PDT

Posted on May 2, 2013 8:15:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2013 8:17:21 AM PDT
Ms. 90 says:
AT&T It's not complicated commercials - The whole series is pretty funny, but the one with the little girl explaining why more is better than less - "We want more, we want more." Love it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2013 6:18:41 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2013 7:01:32 PM PDT
Well, I might be embellishing it - but just a little. And I swear those ads must be three minutes long, they sure feel like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2013 2:18:15 PM PDT
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
I Dream of Jeannie vs Bewitched-Which was the better show,and who was more powerful,Jeannie or Samantha? 110 7 hours ago
best tv shows made in australia 1858 7 hours ago
Justified or not? 385 20 hours ago
American Horror Story 340 1 day ago
What Are You Listening To? 5 2 days ago
Downton Abbey 252 2 days ago
The Flash 21 4 days ago
***State of Affairs*** 26 5 days ago
Major Crimes 310 7 days ago
*The Good Wife* 72 7 days ago
Bates Motel 414 7 days ago
Anyone know what series these episodes are from? 1 9 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  303
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions