Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Old Classic Tv Shows vs Modern Day Tv Shows/Which Are Better?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1151-1175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:26:59 PM PST
Jay #1 says:
I can think of something else that Sandy was...it's equivalent to a female dog.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:52:49 PM PST
Hurricanes (and for that matter Nor'easters) don't blow.....

THEY SUCK!!!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:28:50 PM PST
M. Whorton says:
My top Xbox 360 games are:

1. Wolfenstein
2. Call of Duty 2
3. Call of Duty 3
4. Call of Duty 4
5. Call of Duty World at War
6. The Force Unleashed
7. Tomb Raider Anniversery
8. Tomb Raider Underworld
9. The Force Unleashed II
10. Tomb Raider Legend
11. Battlefield Bad Company 2
12. NCAA Football 12

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:59:22 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
"Blowing"? "Sucking"? Hey,Hey,watch your language young man! Ha,Ha,just kidding...yes you're absolutely right...I agree 100%.

Now I think we should get back to tv shows...Sandy is too depressing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:05:42 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
Have you bought any newly released games for Xbox,such as "The Avengers"?

Do you have any "Raw" or "Smackdown"?

How often do you play?

Do you play alone,or have friends over?

Which game/s are you the best at,the games where you would beat anybody?

Which games do you suck at,or are you good at them all?

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 9:08:33 AM PST
Our son is an avid gamer. I'm not, though I got into football when I bought his Sega Genesis and played NCAA '95 and when that wore out I stopped. At the time I was also reading up on the history of the game and bought books by the old coaches of the early days into the present era.

Yes, natural disasters associated with wind both blow and suck. You can say that of volcanoes, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:17:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:07:06 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
Based on everything that you've told me about him so far,I've come to the conclusion that your son is one cool dude! I see that "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree"! I'm not really a gamer either,at least not anymore. I'm an old school dude,as a child I played,what was it,"Atari 2500"? I remember/played the classics "Pacman","Spaced Invaders","Donkey Kong",and one or two others that I can't remember. I was good at them all. Sometimes I would play alone,other times I would play with friends.

All natural disasters suck! Earthquakes is one of the worst!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:41:29 PM PST
Atari 2600. I still have mine. I also have my old "Pong" Game. It just dawned on me, its been TWENTY YEARS since a little game called "Wolfenstein 3-D" Shook up the Gaming World. I had a "Patch" program for Wolfenstein, that turned one of the Bad Guys into Barney. He'd come at you singing "I love You, You Love Me", and when you killed him you heard "I've Fallen and I can't get up"! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:32:17 PM PST
Jay #1 says:
WOW William! You STILL have the old school ATARI?! That's what's up! Talk about retro! I'm sorry...but I'm not familiar with any of the games you've mentioned...but the phrase "I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up" is still popular today.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:15:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:16:03 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
IT'S NOT FAIR! S/2 Of "The Fall Guy" will be released in Germany December 12th of this year! That's 1 month away! What about us here in the states? It seems like it's being released everywhere but here! I hope this news means that an AMERICAN version will be released soon! What's the hold-up? Here in the states S/1 was released June 2007,then they released S/1 vol.1,then S/1 vol.2. What was the point of that? Why would/do studios do that? What fan of a tv show would purchase only half a season? I don't get it. Do these half-season sets really sell? I think it's foolish and a waste of time and money to release half-season sets of a show. And it certainly doesn't make sense to purchase it. I just don't understand...Why would they release half-season sets (splitting S/1 in half) after already releasing S/1 as a whole box set?

I was reading an ad from "The British Video Association",and they had S/2 Of The Fall Guy released February 2009! Sooner or later it will HAVE to be released here in the states! Us American fans will have to DEMAND it! Hopefully SOONER than later! Since this is an Action/Adventure show,I think the spring or summer of 2013 would be a great time to release it!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 8:05:42 PM PST
Jay #1 says:
For fans of "The Six Million Dollar Man" who prefer to buy the individual season sets as opposed to the whole box and who already have S/1...

Good News! S/2 is now available! It was released last month,Oct.2nd. Season 2,in my opinion,is when this show really started to come into it's own. S/2 guest stars the beautiful Farrah Fawcett,and it's in this season that we are first introduced to Jaimie Sommers as the Bionic Woman. S/1 was released Nov.29th 2011,S/2 Oct.2nd 2012...hopefully it will not be released one season per year...otherwise it would take fans another 3 years to complete their collection. If you are the patient type then it's cool. As for me,I'm not the patient type...I hate waiting! Sometimes you don't have a choice.

Remember,all 3 seasons of The Bionic Woman was released within one year,so hopefully S/3 of The Six Million Dollar Man will be released soon!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:51:47 PM PST
M. Whorton says:
I only play the single player campaigns by myself. I'm not all that good at gaming.

A few years ago I bought WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007 for the Xbox 360 for $6. Its been 2 years since I've played it. I'm only a casual wrestling game player and only play it time to time. Last time I played I was playing the story mode with John Cena and I was the WWE Champion. My previous wrestling game was WWE Raw 2 for the Xbox.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:03:37 PM PST
M. Whorton says:
I still have my Atari 2600 from 1982 and it still works. I have all my old games. Buck Rogers, Star Trek, Tac Scan, Pac man, Space Attack, Combat and several others. Back in the 80s a friend would come over and we would play the jet airplane part of Combat. The planes looked like a piece of pie and the missles looked like a ping pong ball.

I loved playing Wolfenstien 3-D. That was the first FPS that I ever played and I'm still a die hard FPS game player today. In 2001 I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstien on the PC and I loved it. In 2009 I bought the new Wolfenstien game for the Xbox 360. It has my favorite single player campaign from WWII that I've played.

There is nothing like gaming in HD on the Xbox 360 with my wireless controller on my 50 inch plasma HDTV and surround sound system.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:04:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:05:14 PM PST
Since were coming up on Thanksgiving, and that day of Bedlam I call "The National Day of Insanity" I remember two FPS Shooters that were $9.99 "Loss leaders" for Best Buy and the now-defunct CompUSA on Black Friday in 1996 and 1997 respectively. namely Dark Forces: Jedi Knight and Half-Life. Both games went on to become PC Gamer Magazine's "Game of the Year". Fun Times.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:23:41 PM PST
M. Whorton says:
When I first played Dark Forces: Jedi Knight on the PC it blew me away. I bought my first 3D Accelerator and installed it in my computer just for this game and it was the first time I saw 3D accelerated graphics along with the awesome gameplay. I bought the expansion disk Mysteries of the Sith when it came out and I played those games almost nonstop for the next 5 years. There were countless SP addon levels that people made and put them on the internet to extend the life of these games. Then in 2002 Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast on the PC came out which is still my favorite game of all time. Then in 2003 Jedi Knight Jedi Academy came out on the PC. I've recently bought The Force Unleashed 1 & 2 for the Xbox 360. I also have all of the X-Wing games on the PC. I've been a diehard Star Wars fan since I saw The Empire Strikes Back at the theater in 1980 when I was 13 years old.

I'm looking forward to Star Wars Episode VII in 2015.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:36:10 PM PST
Jay #1 says:
M.Whorton And William...

How would you guys compare the games of today to the games of yesterday?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:43:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:59:42 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
We are fastly approaching a new year...

Would anyone care to list what dvds they've purchased this year so far?

What dvds would you like to give as a gift or receive for Christmas?

What dvds do you plan on buying next year?

What would you like to see released on dvd next year?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:00:32 PM PST
Jay #1 says:
Since Thanksgiving is so near...

Would anyone care to list what they are most thankful for this year? (Let's try to keep it television related)

I'm thankful that S/5 of Charlie's Angels was FINALLY released!

I'm thankful that "The Rock" was victorious in his hometown,Miami Florida,at Wrestlemania XXVIII.

I'm thankful that The NY Giants won The Superbowl!

I'm thankful that The Miami Heat won The NBA Championship!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:28:20 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
If Santa Came Down Your Chimney With A Whole Bag Of Goodies Just For You...

What would you like the contents of that bag to be?

What would you like for Santa to leave for you underneath the tree this year?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:32:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:56:51 PM PST
Jay #1 says:
Does anyone have a Christmas television wish list?

If you were granted the power to make changes to television (add anything or take something away),what would it be?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:11:18 AM PST
M. Whorton says:
The games of today blow away the games of yesterday. The graphics and gameplay are so much better. You have gaming in HD and surround sound. If games of today are so much better than yesterday why can't TV shows be. There are to many reality shows and crap for the lowest common denominator.

I just bought Ernest Saves Christmas on DVD. I'm saving it to watch close to Christmas time. Its been a long time since I saw it.

I'm thankful my Xbox 360 and my 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV are still working. I'm also going to get a new recliner for Christmas.

If I could make changes to TV it would be like it was from the 60s thru the 80s.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:12:17 AM PST
My TV Wishes:

1. A Constitutional Amendment BANNING "Unscripted" TV Shows

2. A-La-Carte Channels

3. Commercials get a "V-Chip Rating" so parents can block the ones for "Adult Products" from their kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:10:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 9:16:37 AM PST
Great wishes, William. We can already "ban" unscripted shows by not watching them. If enough people stop watching, they'll go away, because the advertisers will. The thing is that they are relatively inexpensive to do, and one can look at it as a way of freeing up money in a highly competitive market to enhance the quality of scripted shows. At the same time Television is a medium that has always had a broad spectrum of "quality." Even in a "vast wasteland" there are often oases. Find them and enjoy.

If a-la-carte channels ever become financially and technologically feasible, they'll happen.

The above is how #3 gets a chance, although the more likely scenario is that tvs get cheap enough that kids can have their own that block out adult material like PCs can now. You plug in a password or something like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:23:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:29:41 PM PST
DVD's bought this year......

Neighbors........(Amazon Exclusive)....love this one, John Belushi's last film
Carrie.........Sissy Spacek wrote in her book that she fought for this role.
Dressed To Kill.....forgot how sexy Nancy Allen was
Total Recall.........don't know why I didn't get Arnold's classic film sooner
Raggedy Man.....I had also forgotten how pretty Sissy Spacek was
Someone to watch over me.....how I missed this one I will never know
Heaven Help Us........never could embrace this one as a teen, but now, this one makes me laugh every time, gotta love Kevin Dillon in this one
Buck Rogers 25th Century..............yes, I could no longer ignore this one, it was cheesy, but Erin Gray in that tight white suit gets me every time, this is the kind of show that when it was good it was good & when it was bad, just plain bad, & Hawk was by far the coolest character on this show.
The Boogens.....A cool scary film, still holds up
The Avengers...enough said
Prometheus............Ridley Scott needs to finish this one, & please fire Damon Lindeloff.....this guy screwed up "Lost.
The two "Thing" movies...they act like one film
Poltergeist II & III
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.....say what you want, Tom Cruise can deliver the goods
An American Werewolf in London.....Jenny Agutter...enough said

DVD's I hope to get before Christmas......

Expendables 2.....for all of us who were teens in the 80's...this is a must have.
Fright Night (2011).............never cared much for the original....but really did like this one....Coiln Ferrall just really hammed it up here

C.S.I. Miami's Final Season.....can't believe this one got cancelled, but yet they continue the Vegas one with on-going cast changes, I would rather watch David Caruso than Ted Danson

Charlie's Angels (2011).....this short lived reboot was nice

Rome (Complete Series) & Deadwood (Complete series)....maybe...if all goes well.....& "Seinfeld"

Next Year......Taken 2......& maybe "The Munsters"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:30:48 AM PST
A naked Cobie Smulders.....or Lauren Conrad....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  2211
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2011
Latest post:  15 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions