Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Filthy Rich

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2007 10:53:32 PM PDT
I think this sitcom was the best ever...with the incomparable Dixie Carter's character's sarcasm and Anne Wedgeworth's character's cloying stupidity. I don't remember the actors who played other characters, but this outrageous comedy was the best and I wait for its release every week.... I don't even know whom to contact to find out about it ever being released on DVD, or where to find a bootlegger, so please, someone, let me know where to look.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2007 8:49:07 PM PDT
DL Minor says:
Sorry; I can't help you in finding this show, but I vaguely remember it--and I do recall that Delta Burke, Dixie Carter's later "Designing Women" co-star, was also in the cast; she played a vampy character I think. For more general info you can look up the show on Wikipedia, if you trust that source for accuracy.

I myself am still pining for DVD release of Burt Reynold's excellent eighties--whoops, nineties--sitcom "Evening Shade" which co-starred "Taxi's" Marilu Henner as his wife, Ava, and in memorable supporting roles Ossie Davis (whose character had the absolutely wonderful name "Ponder Blue"), Michael Jeter (terrific as Reynold's hapless coaching assistant, Herman Stiles), Elizabeth Ashley, Charles Durning, Hal Holbrook (real-life husband of Dixie Carter) and... Ann Wedgeworth!

If I learn anything helpful about "Filthy Rich" though, I promise I'll post ASAP. In the meantime, hang in there Sam--sometimes it's just a matter of time as various rights are being sorted out before these shows can be released for distribution.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2007 10:56:24 PM PDT
Thank you for the info--can't belieeeve I forgot about Delta! Remember the cigar-chewing yokel who played Anne's hubby; he called her Bootsy to the chagrin of Dixie especially in public. My fave episode involved Dixie complaining about their garage door not being fixed, and the time she went into the garage buck naked, caught herself on the door, and the door kept opening and closing with her hanging on it. The postman came by, and Dixie's husband asked what he said. In her most strident, loud voice she said he said HAVE A NICE DAY! The way Dixie narrates this is priceless and even now I can think about it and cry in laughter. I also am a fan of EVENING SHADE, and you didn't mention the teen who played Burt's son--a fine and good-looking young actor who unfortunately isn't seen anymore. What was his name? Perhaps I'm wrong about his acting career....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2007 3:08:12 PM PST
Great show, Filthy Rich. Great cast. I think it was created by the people who would do Golden Girls and Soap (Susan Harris, etc)?

Another fun sitcom, shortlived, was The Powers that Be. Took place in Washington. Featured David Hyde Pierce (before 'Frasier'), and I believe Holland Taylor, among others.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 3:46:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2008 3:53:27 AM PST
Holland Taylor is up there with Dixie, Delta, Ann, and Wendy Malick of JUST SHOOT ME. Is she currently in a sitcom? I still look out for FILTHY RICH but no luck. Have any leads to pirating? Looking for copy of SCAVENGER HUNT, a totally hilarious movie with my also fave Cloris Leachman.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 3:46:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 14, 2008 3:51:11 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2008 6:48:31 PM PST
Tom Whalen says:
I believe Filthy Rich was created by Harry Thomason and Linda Bloodworth Thomason 5 years before Designing Women , and Susan Harris had several short lived sitcoms and two of them had Patty Duke in them ,It Takes Two and Hail To The Chief , another Susan Harris effort was the series Good And Evil about two sisters ,Margaret Whitton played the good sister and Terri Garr played the evil sister ,You Tube had an epsoide before it got pulled ,The Powers That Be was created by Norman Lear ,and also starred John Forsythe possibly one of his last series before his retirement, one epsoide was aired on T.V. Land a few years ago in honor of Norman Lear's birthday and they also aired his 1991 effort Sunday Dinner which featured an unknown Terri Hatcher

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2008 1:13:03 PM PDT
Jadeda says:
I agree with you. Filthy rich was an absolute scream! I remember Delta Burk and Charles Frank were also in it. I have searched all over the net for it with no luck. So I'll be waiting also, it was too good a show not to be released on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2008 12:52:57 AM PDT
It's so good to hear from a fellow FILTHY RICH fan!!! Please let me know when you find or hear something, and I'll do the same. Here's hoping....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2008 8:03:19 AM PDT
Jadeda says:
I sure will. they are doing so many of the other shows of that time, and the majority not near as good of shows, so I'm hopeful!

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 9:52:30 AM PDT
James says:
As a former Memphian - was living there at the time - absolutely loved this show - would absolutely buy a DVD of this series if it was every released - if anyone knows if that exists - let me know - would be thrilled.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions