Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Plastic model airplanes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 79 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 5, 2011 7:35:51 PM PDT
Well I took the Beau to work today. I called the man that commisioned me to build it but he didnt return my call. Maybe with it being aa holiday he was out doin stuff. Anyway I put the plane in the display case at the hobby store.
Im going to start back to work on the Betty. Maybe tomorrow.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 7:36:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 5, 2011 7:36:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 9:54:07 PM PDT
Well another day went by and I didnt do a thing to the Betty. Maybe in the mornin.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 3:03:31 AM PDT
MR. HUDSPETH......betty can wait for U to touch her again....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 11:35:23 AM PDT
but I got the need, her entire front end is glass. She's gona be great. Betty was one hell of a bomber back in her day.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 12:47:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2011 12:48:03 PM PDT
YEP MR. HUDSPETH.....BETTY sounds like a real BOMB SHELL!!! winks*

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 12:07:27 PM PDT
This weekend I will get to work on her. Just me and the Toad here at home.
Together I hope the 2 of us can get the nose of the plane finished. Maybe we could even get all bomb bay doors completed as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 12:23:53 PM PDT
so where's BUNNY HUNNY and PEACHES this weekend MR. HUDSPETH???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 7:02:16 PM PDT
on their way to Ar. to go to a funeral.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:55:16 PM PDT
Today my grandaughter and I went to a model show. She got a 1/32 Curtiss P-40E (Kittyhawk IA),1/72 Grumman F6F-3/5 Hellcat navy fighter and a 1/48 USAAC P-26 Peashooter. I wouldnt have gotten the P-26 but she wanted the plane. To have my 8 year old grandaughter show enough intrest to go with me to a model show, and then want some kits to put together herself---well im not going to say anything about what she gets.
We startd on the P-40 tonight. Maybe we can finish it tomorrow.
I got a 1/48 Hasagawa B7A2 attak bomber, Tamaya 1/48 FW190 D9, Hasagawa 1/32 FW190 A6, Revell 1/32 FW190F-8, and last but not least an Academy B-24D Liberator in 1/72 scale.
I think we made out pretty good today.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 4:07:05 AM PDT
I found out yesterday that the owner of the Hobby store is havin a model show. Date of the show is Oct.15. So the Toad and I are goin to enter some in the show. Not sure what my grandaughter is goin to build, but I'll keep yal informed on the progress.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 7:16:27 AM PDT
OH GOODY!!!....smiles*...i love your stories MR. HUDSPETH....

"the great adventures of MR. HUDSPETH & THE TOAD"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 7:01:41 PM PDT
This should be a great one. We are gona killem at the show. Wish us luck.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 8:42:44 PM PDT
Well the Toad and I got to work on the P-40 tonight. We got a lot done. Maybe sometime sunday we can get it finished.
The Toad has a ice skateing competion tomorrow. Maybe avter that we can get the decals put on the plane and call it done.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 8:11:28 AM PDT
The P-40 is commin along pretty good. She got the canapea done last night, it looks pretty good. Those are hard to paint, even for someone who has done it for
a while. All she needs to do now is decide the camo pattern and paint it.
Then she will either do a P-61 {I think} Black Widow or the Hell cat.
Stay tuned

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 8:14:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2011 8:19:07 AM PDT
OH I'M WAITING WITH BATED BREATH....for the next installment of..........

"MR. HUDSPETH and THE TOAD'S great airplane building adventures"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta50WnE3Csw

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2011 8:22:28 PM PDT
Well Ms.Sweet, Im here to tell ya, tonight we got the camo patteren done on the P-40. Now I sprayed the base color of olive drab green on the top and a light gray on the underside of the wings and the fuselauge[spellin]. She has done a good, no great job of a 2 tone brown and 2 tone green como with a small amout of gray every now and then. We all know that the P-40, the BRAVE men of the A.V.G. {American Volinteer Group} flew for China in the early part of the war was only olive drab and a medium brown,,,,,but when my 8 year old Toad said, "Popa, can we make it look special?" What was I to say. She ask me what the area look like where the planes were to be kept. We got on the web and started to do some snoopin. We took jungle colors and she applied them to the plane. Once we get all of the decals on this P-40, I think it will be one of the best ive ever seen. {not just because who painted it} If it looked stupid I'd let her know. After all we are goin to enter this in a contest, and we want to win, or at least place. I wish I could send ya a picture. It really looks great. The way she did it kinda gave it some depth. Im not sure, I cant put my finger on it. The P-40 just looks great, when we get the teeth put on the sides......all I can say is"look out who ever enters a plane against us, we gona eatem up"
Keep in touch, keep the breath baited cause its gona be a good one.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 2:36:15 AM PDT
I'm hopin that this afternoon we get to finish some of the kits that we have started.
I think its going to be a good day for it.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 4:16:16 AM PDT
The one thing I like about plastic A/C models today is the wide variety of rare A/C. I have seen models of WW2 A/C that I had only seen in a book called "The American Fighter" over the last few years. I don't build them anymore because I just don't have the room or patience. (The lack of proper construction instructions is the problem there.) It quit being a pleasure to build when the manufacturers started using photos or drawings for instructions. I had to discard several, and I do mean several, models when I found out I had attached one part and blocked the installation of another, more important, part.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2011 8:53:12 PM PDT
Hey Glenn, Not to sure what your talking about. Most all of the instructions are in pretty good shape now days.
If ya gets some spare time pick up an Academy or Monagram kit. They are both good about making it easy to understand.
Got any questions, give me a shout.
take care

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 8:43:43 PM PDT
Maybe the JU88 will come in this week

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 9:51:22 PM PDT
Well tonight I did go out and work on the Tiger Cat. I got both of the engines complete and even some of the cowelings done.
The Toad wasnt feelin very good today, she stayed home from school, so she didnt work on hers at all. But we still got lots of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 12:36:32 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVeyo4W18U

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 9:49:10 PM PDT
Ms.Sweet, I sure hope that your right. Im not quite ready to go just yet. I got several things on my bucket list.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 11:26:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2011 11:27:33 AM PDT
MR. HUDSPETH.....silly.....where ya goin???.....

my STONES song was referring to your post about YOU and TOAD still having time to finish your models goofy!!!

re: But we still got lots of time.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions