Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Plastic model airplanes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-79 of 79 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 15, 2011 9:16:32 PM PDT
Well last night the Toad and I got the Hellcat finished. Thats the plane that shse picked out for the show. I didnt touch this plane, she did the entire thing. All of the glueing and painting. Now, I did give her some pointers on things, but I didnt touch the plane---she did it all, and it really looked great. We will find out on Sunday just what the judges think. We are keepin out fingers crossed. She was a very proud 8 year old little girl when she took in and entered it in the contest.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 8:23:56 PM PDT
Well I have to brag just a little----no,,,,,,,,,,a lot. The Toad got her F6F-Hellcat finished. We got it and the Curtis P-40 Warhawk turned into the model show yesterday{Saturday}. Today after a very long day at the store, they judged all of the models. The Hellcat, Toad did all by herself. She did all of the gluein and paintin. I didn't touch her model. Because of that she could enter it into the Jr.division. The P-40 we built together. I did most of the glueing, but she did all of the painting.
Well almost, I painted the pilot, but she did all of the rest. We entered it together, but not in the Jr.division. There were about 12 other planes in the group.
Toad wound up gettin 2nd place for her Hellcat{remember 1st model she has ever done by herself.} The P-40 got 1st place.
Now the big deal is her 1/72 scale Hellcat got the peoples choice. That means that everyone who walked in and looked at the models{not just the planes but also the cars, ships, space stuff, figures like,, Superman or the Munsters} yall get what I mean. Those folks chose the Hellcat as their favorite. All of the models had a # below it. They would then write that # on a slip of paper and drop it in a box. By the end of the day, Toad had the most votes and won the plaque. Remember her 1st model. She even beat out me, on the peoples choice.
Am I proud????? You bet your sweet bippie!!!!!!!!

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 8:00:16 PM PST
I havent touched a damn thing lately. The big "C" will knock you in the dirt. I think the treatment is almost as bad
as the sickness. THIS RALLY SUCKS

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 9:20:02 AM PST
btd says:
Hey G.A.,

Is this only for frustrated pilots? I was a model railroader for some time. After disassembling my pike for a move, I haven't returned to it because the prices of all the components of a good pike (mine was steam mining and logging of the late 1800's), including scratch building and kit-bashing have become so expensive. My modeling tastes have moved to WWII German armor and support vehicles. There are a few good brands of kits out there that will challenge you and consume your time to turn out the perfect looking, battle-hardened tank or half track.

Do you remember those AMT model car kits, 3 in 1, that you could build stock, racing or funny car? My father printed all the boxes for those things all through the 50's and up to when AMT was absorbed by Ertl. My brother and I got to try kits before they were put on the market. Remember the Chrysler Turbine Car? ;-)

We would love to see some pictures of your hobby work. Bet you have some great looking models.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions