Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

What are your Favorite Tear Jerking Moments on Television?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 19, 2011 2:47:13 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
What are your Favorite Moments on Television that made you well up and start to shed tears.Either Tears of Happiness,Agony,Sadness,Grief,Achievement or any other type of Emotion?it could be a news moment,TV series moment,sporting event moment,sports entertainment moment,etc.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 4:15:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2011 4:17:23 PM PDT
Lynda says:
I am an emotional wreck and will cry over a coffee commercial! Things that always make me cry are Hallmark movies. A lot of times, the news makes me cry. Sometimes I will cry for the achievements of others, especially Olympians, both regular and Special. I will always cry when I hear Radar announce "Colonel Henry Blake's plane was shot over the Sea of Japan. It spun out. There were no survivors." (That may not be precisely how he stated it.)

The one that really took me by surprise though, happened on a soap opera, namely General Hospital. In this particular episode, Frisco and Felicia's daughter, Maxie needed a heart transplant. She was very near death and almost all hope was lost. Just at the edge of despair, the emergency room door burst open and a masked man said they had a viable heart for Maxie. She was rushed into the operating room and the transplant was successful.
In the mean time, Maxie's young cousin, BJ was on her way to school. There was a terrible wreck involving the school bus she was riding. BJ was killed. BJ's father and stepmother, Dr. Tony and Bobby Jones were both on duty at the hospital when BJ was brought in and it was up to them to donate her heart.
They did not tell Felicia or Frisco until well after the surgery. Good grief! I'm boo-hooing right now telling about it.
Soap operas are all about the heartache and the joy. I can usually take it. If Maxie had died it wouldn't have affected nearly the way her living did.
So, how about you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 6:36:13 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Lately I well up at some reality shows like Survivor,Amazing Race,America has got Talent,Dancing with the Stars,flashback shows on 9/11,Tianamian Square,the LA Riots.Some shows as well.the New Doctor Who,Torchwood(especially Children of Earth),The Sarah Jane Adventures, Sanctuary.Some News Stories as well.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 7:14:36 AM PDT
Ice King says:
Jurrasic Bark, an episode of Futurama where the fossil of Fry's dog is found and they attempt to revive it. Before they do Fry realizes that the dog lived for a long time after he went to the future and probably wouldn't even remember him. They then flash back to the past and it shows the dog sitting outside the pizza place where Fry worked for the rest of its life, growing older and sadder each year until he finally lays down and dies.
They later retconned this to make it so that there was a copy of Fry living with him all that time but still, it was a very sad moment initially.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 8:40:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2011 8:41:26 AM PDT
Here are two which immediately come to mind.

1) ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE - Edith Bunker's death in 1980 (Carroll O'Connor was brilliant and touching)

2) CHEERS - Diane Chambers' departure in 1987 (the end in which they show an older Sam and Diane dancing to "What'll I Do")

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 9:25:36 AM PDT
Ms. 90 says:
["will cry over a coffee commercial!"]

Me, too. It doesn't take much to turn on the waterworks. I've been watching a lot of Little House on the Prairie recently, so I've been pretty much crying every night. :-)

That "reality show" Undercover Boss makes me cry, too.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 12:35:25 PM PDT
lifewontwait says:
Bobby Simone's death on NYPD Blue.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 2:46:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2011 3:21:14 PM PDT
What about the death of Col. Henry Blake (McLean Stevenson) on "M*A*S*H"? The cast didn't learn of Blake's death until just moments before shooting the O.R. scene in which Radar (Gary Burghoff) interrupts to make the announcement. Apparently, Burghoff took the death really hard, which was why he looked so sad and devastated in the scene. Blake's passing stunned the audience, in so far as the way Stevenson was written out of the series. If I were to see that episode again today, it would still hit me in the gut and heart.

I'd also like to add the death of Mr. Hooper (Will Lee) on "Sesame Street" in 1983. Actually, actor Will Lee passed away on December 7, 1982. The scene in which Big Bird is told of Mr. Hooper's passing is so incredibly touching and moving. His death was handled with such grace, kindness, love and maturity. It is certainly one of the most important and memorable moments in the show's 40+ year history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NjFbz6vGU8

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 12:56:37 AM PDT
Laust Cawz says:
The first thing that comes to mind is

"The Twilight Zone"--

("Number 12 Looks Just Like You")--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpM8qC16tTU&feature=related

Also makes me laugh & scares the f*** out of me.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 1:31:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:22:33 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 4:19:07 AM PDT
M. Whorton says:
The end of the first episode of The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby is one of the saddest moments in TV to me. When the sad piano music playing The Lonely Man starts playing and David Banner is looking at his girlfriends grave is very sad.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 5:23:16 AM PDT
Laust Cawz says:
He's also looking at his own grave (without a body)...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
12 O'Clock High 106 4 hours ago
`*`*The Tour de France*`*` 89 6 hours ago
The Munsters are way more important than the Addams Family! 9 7 hours ago
*★* The Hollywood Hot Tub *★* 4453 7 hours ago
Tic-Tac-Toe 2795 7 hours ago
Which shows that premiered this season are you enjoying the most, and which shows (new or not) are you sorry will not be returning? 35 13 hours ago
What TV Commercials do you L*O*V*E*??? 696 15 hours ago
Team Ninja Warrior 105 1 day ago
-What Are You Listening To- 1129 1 day ago
OT: Word Game!! 19 1 day ago
When watching Mash realize that North Korean mass-murderer Kim II Sung started the entire Korean War 118 2 days ago
True book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests showing parental neglect causes homosexuality 83 2 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jun 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions