Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Vampire forum

Books similar to Vampire Academy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2009 7:09:09 PM PDT
I realize people may have asked this question before but I wanted to include something else. I just finished the first 3 Vampire Academy books and fell in love with them so I wanted to know if you guys had an recommendations for me with series similar to this? Here's what I would like: I would like the romance to be with just one particular guy, I am not fond of the love triangle books. I don't care if the girl dates other guys too but I would like it to be recognized who her true love is...much like Rose and Demitri. I hope you can understand this! haha Okay that was really the only thing I wanted to clarify. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 12:57:08 AM PDT
Jane Doe says:
After I read Vampire Academy I started to read "Glass House" and the other books in the Morganville Vampires series. They are very good and there is a nice love story included. I might also suggest "Evernight" and by Claudia Gray.

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 12:10:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 16, 2009 12:11:16 PM PDT
I completely agree with the "Evernight" series. The first 2 books are out and I think they're even better than the "Vampire Academy" series. I'm not sure what age group your looking for but "House of Night" series is really pretty good too! The book has some rather adult moments but it's really good!

Posted on Aug 20, 2009 1:54:10 PM PDT
breedmate77 says:
evernight
blue bloods
morganville vampires
almost human
even thou a house of nights series doesnt exactly fit ur list its still great!

Posted on Aug 20, 2009 3:48:10 PM PDT
regina says:
The Imomortals by Alyson Noel - first two books are out (Evermore and Blue Moon) with a 3rd planned (Shadowland). I've also read Blue Bloods, House of Night, Almost Human, and Evernight and ALL are awesome in their own way. I'm going to start on The Morganville Vampires Next. Just finished the 3rd book of Vampire Academy and excited about #4 coming out next week!!!

Posted on Sep 7, 2009 12:25:42 AM PDT
Hi breedmate & regina - thanks so much for recommending my vampire series ALMOST HUMAN! I'm so glad that you really enjoyed the books!

I just wanted to mention for M. McGrath - I saw you're specifically looking for a series with one clear "true-love" couple throughout. While my series does have a very strong romantic element to it, it's really more of an urban contemporary fantasy that follows an ensemble cast - not just one couple. I'm not saying there isn't some "true love" involved :-) but the series is planned as a succession of trilogies and will ultimately span 12 books. True-love twists and turns along the way, and there are love triangles involved. Hopefully you might enjoy the series anyway, but I just wanted to warn you!

~ Melanie
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Vampire forum (285 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Vampire forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 15, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions