Customer Discussions > Vegan forum

Cat pee/repellent?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2012 10:41:02 AM PDT
My beloved cat has a tendency to pee where he shouldn't when he gets displeased. I love him, but the pee not so much! So I wanted to find a good odor remover and also "Keep off the couch" spray, but want to make sure that the ones I get are as animal-friendly and cruelty-free as possible. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 4:30:30 AM PDT
Hello horseshoes player. I've had many cats over the years, but none that acted that bad. You say he is peeing--not spraying? Is he spraying? Is the litter box big enough and easily available to him? I'd consult your vet, first of all. But also keep track of whether this might be psychological. Is it when you are gone all day? Or?

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 10:26:55 AM PDT
Bob Maxland says:
There's a product called Felloway -- not sure of the spelling. You spray it around the house. It worked for my old Rocky who suddenly began spraying randomly. This stuff worked very well.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 9:11:27 PM PDT
Thanks guys!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 8:53:27 PM PDT
You could also get a copy of the publication "The Fastidious Feline." My vet gave it to me and told me to read through the entire book, then read it all again. There are suggestions and ideas I hadn't thought of or realized in my 30+ years of being owned by cats. Some pet stores carry the publication as well for free. Good luck!

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 6:42:20 PM PDT
Pampeliska says:
You say he does that when he is displeased. It's of course their natural instinct to 'mark their territory' but also a form of communication.
My friend told me his cat one time did 'her business' right in the middle of his pillow in the bedroom and then stood on the bed defiantly looking at him with this "what'cha gonna do about THAT?" sort of expression in her face. Turned out her (cat's) human just neglected to clean the litter box that day, and this was the kitty way of reminding him.

This might sound crazy to some people but I have had excellent experience with 'pet psychics'. You can google and find lot of them and they don't even have to be in your area, many work long distance on the phone. Of course make sure you check for references to know that you are getting a real deal, and when you do, they could be immensely helpful.
I was able to solve numerous sudden or ongoing problems with several of my and my friend's kitties over the years.
Just one example, one time one of the kitties developed bad eye infection. I had a really good eye drops that eventually helped to clear it out, but initially the process of dispensing the drops was a real ordeal. The cat was not very friendly or trusting in the first place and trying to hold her down and keep her calm and still enough was nearly impossible. It was really hard on both of us, and even though I talked to her and explained what I was doing, she still growled and tried to claw me whenever she even saw the eye drop bottle or saw me approaching her and trying to pick her up.
Finally I called the pet psychic that we have used already before (the way she works is she communicates through mental images).
The whole session took less than half an hour and she also conveyed to us other 'issues' that this particular cat was dealing with in the household, and all of them were right on the target. Most of all, somehow (again, without even speaking) the lady explained to the kitty that the eye dropping process, unpleasant as it was, was really for her own good and it was going to help her.
I kid you not... the very next time I set out to use the drops, the cat did not do a thing to protest or fight back. No hissing, no growling (yes, she would growl, just like a dog), no trying to hit me with a claw... you could tell she was not happy about the whole thing, but let me do it with no resistance whatsoever. In fact, once she realized that it REALLY was helping, she would often jump up on the bathroom sink (where the eye drops were being kept) and sit and wait for me to come and pick her up. If she felt I was ignoring her and not coming fast enough, she would start pacing back and forth a meowing to get my attention.

It took couple of weeks of cleaning the eye first and getting the drops down, but the infection cleared out eventually and I was able to bond with that kitty in ways that she did not allow me before. She actually became quite affectionate and lot more trusting afterwards.
(Long story, I know, just made me remember her and made me miss her, as she has already departed this world by now).

Anyway, pet psychic would be my choice to go. She could tell you lot of different things that the cat is not happy about, his environment, the food, water - some animals do not like distilled water that people use, etc.

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 5:17:46 PM PDT
George8141 says:
I had a problem with cat urine and pet odors and tried every product known to man. I ran across OdorKlenz and tried it because of the good reviews and since they dont use any chemicals, masking agents or fragrances. I am impressed with it and use it once a week. If interested you can check it out at www.odorklenz.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Vegan forum (50 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Vegan forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2012
Latest post:  18 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions