Customer Discussions > Vegan forum

cruelty-free deodorant

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2011 5:03:09 PM PST
Hi, I am looking for a cruelty-free (no animal testing) deodorant/anti-perspirant that smells similar to Old Spice. Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 6:08:27 PM PST
PETA has a list of cruelty-free companies on their website. As for having a scent similar to Old Spice, can't help you there . . .

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 11:44:55 PM PST
Amy says:
You can make your own vinegar and water spray and scent however you want

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 6:18:31 AM PST
denilea says:
The only true anti-perspirent I know that doesn't involve animal testing is Mitchem.
I wouldn't say I know any that smell of Old Spice, but isn't that good? ;)
They do make several scents, and while I mostly do the Crystal stick deoderant, when you need anti-perspirent, you need anti-perspirent!

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:53:41 PM PST
Andrea says:
My husband uses Mitchum, as it's made by Revlon and they don't test. He's a good sport as I try to make my whole household cruelty-free. Not sure about the scent, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:34:46 PM PST
I have heard from quite a few number of people who have switched to a vegan diet that after being on the diet for some time, they found out that they have no need to use anti perspirant any more. I have noticed the same results and have not used anti persperants or deodorant for many years.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 7:35:30 AM PDT
CD says:
Revlon JUST announced they are now testing on animals. Which means that Mitchum is out. :(

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:53:39 AM PDT
http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdonttest.pdf

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 2:46:41 AM PDT
tea lover says:
What a strange decision to make in this day and age! Why did they decide they needed to do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 7:32:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 7:33:33 AM PDT
Andrea says:
Because several companies sell in China and China is now REQUIRING animal testing, it's horrible. This also includes Almay and Mary Kay. Additionaly, some cruelty-free companies were aquired by Unilever and are not anymore...Tresseme, VO5. Tom's is a gray area since it's owned by Coglate. Anyway, I'm currently hot on Trader Joe's products, all are affordable and are cruelty-free.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:03:55 PM PDT
tea lover says:
That's so crazy. Really.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:15:15 PM PDT
Ed G says:
Not sure if they smell like Old Spice, but I like the Herban Cowboy line: http://www.herbancowboy.com/ -- vegan and not animal tested.

You can find them on Amazon (sold in the Marketplace, not by Amazon).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Vegan forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions