Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

[Does This Post Add To The Discussion]

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 272 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2012 7:01:22 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:15:47 AM PST
If you stopped flirting with people and putting your dumb symbols in every post, you wouldn't get downvoted.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:25:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 7:26:00 AM PST
I think equating it to Rape and Assault is unnecessary hyperbole and denigrates the overall effect of the message you're trying to convey. Not to mention being more than a little insulting to actual rape and assault victims.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:28:20 AM PST
aidenraine says:
"when adults can't post on these boards...."

post like an adult, and you probably won't get downvoted all the time. that means things like staying on topic without trying to derail threads, making pointless comments that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, and adding symbols/ASCII art that make your post look like a 12 year old girl's livejournal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:29:07 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:30:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 7:31:55 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:32:35 AM PST
It doesn't personally bug me when I'm downvoted, and I think your message gets lost when you use such alarmist language. Thisis not the end of the free world, and freedom of speech isn't even a guaranteed thing on the Internet on a privately owned forum. Besides, it's not like it blocks your message entirely. It just makes people click a link to see it, which frankly draws more attention to the message to begin with.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:33:33 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:33:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 7:41:06 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:34:26 AM PST
aidenraine says:
not to mention that that whole "freedom of speech" right is thrown so far out of context to begin with.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:35:07 AM PST
Not especially.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:40:14 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Rule #37 of the VGF: If you can't handle downvotes don't whine incessantly about them as it just makes people downvote you even more.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:42:20 AM PST
You see, amazon.com is not the United States of America. This website has its own rules and regulations, which includes the option at the center of this debate. Either live with it, or post elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:43:22 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:44:48 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Rape? Really? This is why you belong in the fatfingers forum.

Back from whence ye came, foul witch!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:47:35 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:51:55 AM PST

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:51:58 AM PST
I don't think you know what the phrase 'Flash Mob' means.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:54:13 AM PST

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:56:24 AM PST

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:58:51 AM PST
I never thought bitter would reach her boiling point. But yeah, the flirting for attention as well as the constant use of "art" text is the main reason you get downvoted. You often sound like a 15 year old girl when you write. One of the main reasons I like this forum is people can't add ridiculus tags. On some other forums they post like freaking 30 pictures of glittery glowy crap, that always angers me. This forum is nice in it's minimalistic posts.

Also actually playing video games goes a long way to being accepted in a video game forum. You have admitted you didn't play videogames, so by very nature, there is very little you can contribute. If its any consolation, between you and banner, I like you better. Banner derails threads far more efficiently and for some reason half the forum is in love with her/him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:02:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 8:04:36 AM PST
THIS is a Flash Mob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmwRitYO3w

A Flash Mob is any pre-arranged performance created to appear spontaneously in a crowd and surprise onlookers.

And again, this is nothing like rape. The sanctity of your person is not being violated. You are not being physically and emotionally damaged for life. You're not being burdened with social stigma. You're simply in an open forum where people have the freedom to express their dislike of things you say, and are openly doing such. They have as much right to express themselves as you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:07:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 8:08:16 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:07:29 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Every one of your posts is like a violent rape of my eyeholes. Fear of trepidation?

Have you considered the possibility that (as a person who does not play video games) you cannot really relate to this community and your posts actually don't add much to the discussion?

I'm sure I would get downvoted to hell if I started posting in the...let me see...Paranormal Romance forum. I have no business there. You should try that one and see if you get a similar response.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:11:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 8:13:10 AM PST
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  272
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions