Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

If you were a video game character, what "class" would you be?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2012 1:03:58 PM PST
I'm bored at work so I want a nice what-if topic to keep me company.

Whether it's a hardcore shooter, a RPG, or a farm sim the idea of specialized character classes usually include:

1. The warrior, heavy, or "tank" guy
2. The sneaky, fast, or skilled guy
3. The intelligent but weak mage, biotic, or tactical type
4. The support guy, healer, or medic

Let's say you were given video game levels of training: you'd be able to use a sword or gun without dying instantly or cast spells or hack computers without a second thought. Which one of these types would you be?

Keep in mind this is based on who YOU are, not what you like in games. I rarely play stealth in games, but I think I'd probably be best suited as a fast-talking, backstabbing thief. It's a @#$%ed up thing to say about yourself, but it's true.

What about you guys?

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:00:27 PM PST
Probably a Knight. Fighting the good fight, fighting for the people. Dabble a little bit in the healing arts. I would probably wear the heaviest armor available and wade into battle with a giant claymore and just cut a path through the enemy ranks.

I know, I know, I'm a nerd.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:02:46 PM PST
Nerds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:05:27 PM PST
I ninja'ed you by calling myself a nerd already.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:09:02 PM PST
Zetirix says:
All the above, kind of a super class type with no weaknesses at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:20:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 3:24:24 PM PST
1, The Warrior.

In real life, I'm a 3. Smart tactical thinker, but not physically tough.

EDIT: And the song "The Warrior", by Scandal/Patty Smyth, would be my theme song.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:20:17 PM PST
Gomb says:
I would surely be a 'mage' type, I am squishy and at work I tend to stand back and let other people do all the grunt work before I swoop in and steal the credit at the end.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:23:34 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
In real life, I've always been a combo of 1 and 3. Less so #1 these days though, lol.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:23:43 PM PST
DVvM says:
Calculator, from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:48:24 PM PST
aidenraine says:
screw that, I'm not picking basic classes. I'd be a magic knight.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 4:07:36 PM PST
K Archer says:
It really depends on the type of game. Generally, though, I'm more focused on dodging and some mystical abilities than tanking, and I love to lead (I'm actually pretty good at it too)

In a shooter, I'd probably be more like a scout; light(er) armor, medium-sized weapon, fast on my feet running around, but more than able to stand my ground and outmaneuver and outsmart tougher opponents. No sniping, though. And I will also be able to relay what the enemy is doing and/or give orders with good intel

In an RPG, I'd probably be a mage/fighter hybrid, but it depends on the mechanics...like in NWN I'd play a sorceress and also spec into the dual-wielding feats, but in DA, where I'm not a fan of the magic system as much, I'm a dual-wielding rogue. In TES I show it the best; light armor, magic, longsword. I'd still be more in a leadership position when in a group, and keep an eye out for my guys and the enemy.

In an RTS/TBS, I'd either be a specialized/unique unit that can buff allies or a stealthy scout unit...hard to say, really. Also more likely than not a high-damage, fast-speed, low-health unit.

As for other games...it would stay along these lines, but then again I'm not really sure they really have defined classes like these...

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 4:09:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 7:44:03 PM PST
Intelligent, with You Will Know Our Names from Xenoblade Chronicles (Still haven't played it yet, hopefully I will get it for Christmas) as my theme.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 4:18:28 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
the class that's best at leeching.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:51:59 PM PST
dylan hale says:
The guys from BBC TOP GEAR Try to do lots of cool stuff
just gets every one killed

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:52:43 PM PST
I AM ERROR.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:54:26 PM PST
I'd probably be a mixture of a Humble/Killer/Stealth/Ninja/Assassin/Space Marine/Dark Knight/Vampire type. No but in all seriousness I love to be stealthy and sneak up on baddies and destroy their last day here in my games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 5:58:13 PM PST
That wasn't one of the listed classes, Flores! Either play the game or go home!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 6:01:08 PM PST
If this were Dune, you'd be a Mentat.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 6:02:08 PM PST
"The intelligent but weak mage, biotic, or tactical type"

This would be me. I don't work out as much as I should.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:14:34 PM PST
DVvM says:
Mmm... Mentats.

</Dr. Mobius>

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 7:19:19 PM PST
remedial

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 7:34:34 PM PST
I'd be the tactics nerd.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:46:59 PM PST
Right, they're also a consumable item in Fallout games.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 4:45:54 AM PST
I would be a Cryomancer Tank. I would wear a complete set of Magical Ice armor (as in doesn't melt by normal means), know a wide range of Defensive Ice spells as well as a Few offensive ones, and would be a master of wielding an ice spear.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 5:02:48 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Definitely quick, stealthy, skilled type for me. I hate being heavy and slow (warrior), I hate relying on potions and enchantment and such (mage) and I hate relying on others to survive (healer).
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: The Clintons are the most ethically challenged political couple in the history of the United States of America 4 2 minutes ago
Seagate releases 4TB external HDD for Xbox One 26 5 minutes ago
OT: Do you like lasagna?? 83 6 minutes ago
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst -- closed beta signup now open 29 6 minutes ago
OT: Is Coldplay the worst Boy band of all time? 5 10 minutes ago
2016 VGF Vote to the death...you monsters 2447 40 minutes ago
Massive Steam sale started today over 8k titles on sale. Steam Lunar New Year Eve Sale 47 41 minutes ago
2016 Gaming Backlog Plans 80 42 minutes ago
OT: Obama placing a tax on oil - This only hurts the poor 48 42 minutes ago
ot: Don't be fooled by Bernie Sanders - he's a diehard communist 4 50 minutes ago
let's talk xcom 2 5 1 hour ago
Weekend Gaming 2/5/16-2/7/16: Bungie Asks Ant Simulator Devs "Are Strippers and Booze Still Fun?" 62 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions