Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Zombies, aliens or modern day fps. Which is more played out?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 3:51:43 PM PST
Which one is more played out Ina video game? It seems mostly every new game is one or the other.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:53:34 PM PST
Modern Day FPS By far

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:55:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 3:55:18 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
Zombies are too played out, definitely. But I still enjoy games like "The Walking Dead," or other innovative titles. This generation has been defined by zombies and shooters, I'm excited to see what we grow tired of next generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:56:52 PM PST
I love Zombie games, No matter how many they make

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:56:59 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Post-apocalypse, zombie or otherwise.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:09:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 4:09:27 PM PST
How can aliens be played out? Every game that introduces an alien can have an alien that is totally different from all other aliens, their only common factor is "they are from a non-earth planet."

I mean, the Xenomorphs from Aliens: Colonial Marines are nothing like the little green men from Fallout 3's "Mothership Zeta" which are nothing like the Asari in Mass Effect which are nothing like the Covenant in Halo which are nothing like the Protoss in Starcraft etc.

Zombies are a tad overdone though, especially in video games.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:10:54 PM PST
Dirkiathon says:
i love zombie games fav by far

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:07:16 PM PST
Need More Zombies!
Need More Aliens!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:17:05 PM PST
Modern day alien-Zombie FPS set in Space, of course.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:18:54 PM PST
new Tron says:
Aliens are never played out. See XCOM for evidence of that.

Zombies went from awesome to very boring.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:34:31 PM PST
aidenraine says:
I believe the correct answer is...

D: all of the above

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:34:47 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:50 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:44:08 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Man, I hate those shooter games where the enemy is zombie aliens.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:44:41 PM PST
FOGE says:
Regenerative health

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:50:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 6:52:17 PM PST
I checked my shelves, and the only zombie games I have are the two House of the Dead games on the Wii, and the only shooter I own is that copy of Reach that MS gave me for free.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:25:31 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I take the 4th choice, trolls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:54:18 AM PST
Nicos says:
i love the shooter games where the enemy is zombie aliens but i hate the shooter games where the enemy is alien zombies

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:01:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:01:49 AM PST
The modern shooter by far is way too played out and is what I consider "safe territory" for any third person shooter or FPS title. Whether set in fictional today or some time in the future these titles all seem to stick to a certain formula and all of them seem absolutely terrified of stepping outside the norm to try something new and original. Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and so on all fall into the same traps and regardless of what tweaks or whatever have been made to the system it all boils down to the same thing.

Zombies are getting overdone but more often than not they are slammed in just for that zombie appeal. Great titles are still coming featuring zombies which stand on their own and don't need an entire genre to lean on to get their point across. As in I don't need to play Call of Duty 9, Battlefield 12, Ghost Recon 16, or whatever to appreciate the subtle changes for the new release. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare is a different beast from Left 4 Dead 2 which is a different beast from WarZ which is completely different from Project Zomboid. There's still plenty of new and unique titles releasing that I'm not going to complain because a bunch of other games feature a tacked on zombie mode or feature a zombie mission in hopes of catching that wide spread appeal.

And STFU about aliens. The more X-Com we get the better and if you dare say a word against it I'll make sure a Chryssalid that is infected with aids gets to have his way with you for an entire weekend... and he won't use lube.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions