Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I beat NSMBU last night.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 62 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:51:29 PM PST
Gameresq says:
All of the banners in the park at 100%

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:48:57 PM PST
The 3DS version should be easier since the NES emulator supports save states.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:47:36 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
How is the co op for this game? How long is it? I have a Wii U and just beat Zombi U on survival so there isn't really anything else to do with the game(maybe a play through to see how man zombies I can sneak by). I probably won't play th esingle player at all, but my siblings and nephews would love to play co op if it's worth it. We generally like the chaotic stuff that I heard this falls into.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:20:32 PM PST
What do you consider a perfect sticker book for 100% in Sticker Star?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:11:55 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I beat the Lost Levels and I can confirm that it is quite difficult. I beat it on Mario All Stars without benefit of any save state. As I said earlier in this thread, I have 100% in all Mario, Zelda and Layton games to date. I am still working on Sticker Star and NSMBU, but I feel certain 100% is forthcoming in both

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:29:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 1:30:45 PM PST
Keller says:
Anybody else notice that in boost mode the Gamepad player can only put down really small blocks when your character has 99 lives? It took me forever to figure that one out. My wife and I were so confused. She was pissed tyring to figure out why her blocks here tiny. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:29:16 PM PST
It's borderline unfair at times and you almost have to be lucky to make it through a couple of sections just running and jumping and praying. I have beaten it, but only on the Wii VC with that one "save state" so I could keep the game running for weeks and go back to it and the last few worlds are just unreal.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:27:22 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I imported The Lost Levels for GBA, and wow, that is like the hardest Mario game ever made. I don't even think I ever made it to World 2. Making it out of World 1-1 was an impressive feat that I could not accomplish back to back. If they had unleashed that game unto America as the true sequel to Super Mario Bros (as they did in Japan) there would have been tons of NES units in broken, mangled heaps littering trash dumps all across the country.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:24:38 PM PST
Actually you are right - Galaxy 1 and 2 had some difficult levels, but pretty much all the 2D Mario's are a piece of cake (outside of the lost levels <--can't stress this enough - that game is BRUTAL). I don't really go into a Mario platformer expecting to be throwing my controller around and dying over and over at crazy part. That's what games like Mega Man Zero are for.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:23:14 PM PST
Is NSMBU what you call your manhood?

Hey yooooooo!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:21:52 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Super Mario Bros. 2 is pretty hard. Galaxy is really tough in later levels (well, when going for all the stars) but that's mainly because of annoying motion controls and a wonky camera. I still like Galaxy, but it does have minor control/camera issues.

I didn't think that SMB3 was easy when I was a kid when the game first came out. It's easy now because I've been playing it for 20 + years.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:19:31 PM PST
What Mario platformer (outside of The Lost Levels) is really all that hard? Super Mario Bros 3. and Super Mario World, both held in high regard, are very easy games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:31:03 AM PST
I'm a speed run type, so I like to go through the levels as FAST as I can, and If i get coins in that, i feel even better about life.

I tend to die a lot to careless mistakes though... often to lava/purple goo (instant death)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:29:33 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thats me. Im too eager to play the game, but I ll go back for the rest over many playthroughs. I am finding a lot of the early coins in my first playthrough though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:27:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:27:58 AM PST
Different method Same result!

I also look forward to the DLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:24:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:24:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, there's no way that I could be bothered to not push forward unless I got all the coins. I'd still probably be in world 3 or 4 if I did that. The major benefit for pushing on to the end is that once you beat the game you can save the game anywhere, not just after a castle is beaten. That right there is pretty worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:23:08 AM PST
I can, only because I am just excited to see the new levels. I will Definitely go back and get them all later.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:39:38 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
"I cannot bypass a stage until I have all three coins."

Same here.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:37:19 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
NSMBU is the first Mario game in a long time to get me really excited. I just got the Wii U on Tuesday and it's all I've played even though I haven't had much time. The first night I was up until 1am when I normally go to sleep by 11 since I have to be awake by 5:20 in the am.

I am currently on 2-2 and I can;t wait to continue. I cannot bypass a stage until I have all three coins. I tried some of the challenges like the first speed run (got silver) and the first boost mode stage. I can see myself playing this game for a long time to come.

I can't wait to try out the MP this weekend when my boys come over.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:32:05 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Precisely why I wasn't a fan of Nintendo Land.

But as for NSMBU, getting the star coins is the challenge. If you're just blowing through the levels, I'd wager that would make the game much easier.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:26:41 AM PST
Is NSMBU what you call your wife?

Hey yooooo!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:24:28 AM PST
R. Typo says:
Is NintendoLand playable online?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:24:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's because Zelda games have never been intuitive with their puzzles or their secrets or their key item locations.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:15:54 AM PST
I can't do that in Zelda games, but Mario I try to!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:11:30 AM PST
Gameresq says:
I am looking forward to some of the challenges. I always get 100% in every Mario game. It sometimes takes quite a while, but I always get 100% completion. Ditto for every Zelda game and every Layton game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  62
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions