Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I cannot beat the final boss in Metal Gear Rising

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 5:55:39 AM PST
new Tron says:
Seriously, this guy is a serious PITA. I don't think I've come across a more difficult final boss all gen. I've fought him so many times already, that I even know all the lyrics to that awful song that plays in the background.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:56:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
Tougher than Ares in God of War?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:57:44 AM PST
new Tron says:
Unless Ares shows up in God of War III (which I never finished), this guy is tougher than any boss from the first two God of War games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:58:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 6:49:10 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Sounds like the problem is that you're bad at video games. I recommend becoming good at video games and then trying it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:58:43 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That sucks. Something for me to look forward to. Benpachi beat the game, so maybe he can give you some tips.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:58:55 AM PST
FOGE says:
Great. My toughest boss this gen would be anyone from Deus Ex HR. But I did play as a stealth character so that makes the boss battles infuriatingly frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:59:52 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I was stealth too, and I found them to be pretty easy and able to be cheaply beaten. They all had an easy trick to beat them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 5:59:59 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
****SPOILERS*****

Are you at the final stage where you're using Samuel's sword and you're surrounded by flames?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:01:40 AM PST
new Tron says:
Yes that's it. I can get his health down to a point where he throws a huge metal object at me, but I can't seem to slice it at the right angle, even though I'm certain that I'm hitting the analog stick in the right direction. Is there some sort of manual aiming mechanic that I'm missing?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:01:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
They did have a trick to beat them, but its frustrating trying to figure that out. I despise boss battles that require a "trick" as opposed to using gameplay that has worked for the rest of the game.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:03:36 AM PST
Subject7 says:
You lack discipline.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:04:13 AM PST
new Tron says:
Well, after dying over 30 times, it gets frustrating, discipline or not.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:04:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 6:05:14 AM PST
Killer Day says:
*SPOILER*

When he is healing (he will be green) you have to use blade mode to get him out of it. Use the side dodge (A+X+direction on xbox), instead of parry, when you are fighting close - Thats basically all I did. Also get ready to parry after he uses the lava move - thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:04:41 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Well you know you're slicing the target correctly if a little mark shows up in the middle of the red boxes on the object you're trying to slice. The fight becomes easier once you get past that part because every time you get through one of those sequences health packs drop all over the battle arena.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:05:03 AM PST
FOGE says:
You must beat this game. We cant let the machines win. Thats what Skynet wants.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:05:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 6:36:07 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Seriously one of the hardest final bosses I've ever encountered, and it's all because of the blade mode crap you are talking about. The red boxes will enlarge and make a sound when you have them lined up, as long as you get 3 out of 4 you will slice through the object. He throws three of those at you, then rushes you immediately. Make sure you are using the stick to slice, and not lining up and pressing square, that doesn't work like it does against enemies.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:06:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think you mean:

"You rack disciprine!"

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:06:40 AM PST
Wule numba 1, yourl gonna get mourdered.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:09:02 AM PST
Yes I agree with the PITA part! The blade mode thing is what kept killing me also. You have to go through 2 different times where he is throwing things at you! I would finally make it through the first just to end up dying at the second! I had to look online for help but there really wasn't any help for making that damn blade mode crap work for me!!!!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:09:24 AM PST
new Tron says:
Thanks guys. This is frustrating for sure. I'll try to give it another shot tonight. Otherwise, this may just be the first game this gen that I rage quit. I really don't want to spend another 4 hours trying to beat this guy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:23:28 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
What difficulty are you playing on?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:25:32 AM PST
new Tron says:
Normal

He's seriously effing hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:30:18 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
It's really all about pattern recognition, being patient, and not getting too greedy when attacking. Get a few attacks in and run like hell. Like I said you're probably out of health packs from the previous fight but if you can get past that slicing part a bunch drop all over the place to refill your supply.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:33:48 AM PST
new Tron says:
I die every time at the slicing part. I think I'm doing it wrong.

So do you go into slow-mo, then move the right analog stick until at least 3 of the red boxes expand, and then hit the stick to slice? Or is that the wrong way to do it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:36:01 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
You pull the right stick to line up the attack and release it. You don't move the stick in the direction you want to slice after you line up the attack.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions