Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Heavy Rain

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 7:35:01 PM PST
Just finished it. That was a fun trip! Probably one of the best games I've played on the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:37:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:38:36 PM PST
I enjoyed it. The story had some problems, but I definitely think it is a unique and enjoyable experience.

Looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:44:18 PM PST
Yes, that game looks really good.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:52:24 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I loved Heavy Rain. I just got done reading an article on Beyond: Two Souls and I'm looking forward to it.

http://operationrainfall.com/beyond-two-souls-different/

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:56:19 PM PST
Definitely one of my favorite games on PS3.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:59:38 PM PST
I really enjoyed it. I hope Beyond will stay fairly close to QD's roots with games like Indigo Prophesy and Heavy Rain. All of the clips I've seen so far make it seem much more action-oriented.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:00:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:01:17 PM PST
It had its quirks, such as a French voice actor trying to sound like a Boston guy, but otherwise it was a unique and pretty neat experience for fans of Indigo Prophecy.

I want another Quantic Dream game like Omikron.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:06:26 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Well an excerpt from the article about the gameplay..

"In the interview, Cage describes the interface of Beyond as " very different from Heavy Rain, probably much more than people can imagine. The first obvious difference is that there will be two characters to control: Jodie and this entity that is Aiden." Whereas in Heavy Rain, players played as one character for an scene, Beyond may allow players to switch at will between Jodie and Aiden, or there may be triggered events that switch the player's control of Aiden for specific puzzles or scenarios. To find out, we'll probably have to wait for the game's release.

As far as gameplay, Cage informs us that "It's a balance that will be a little different from Heavy Rain, where we really aiming for the atmosphere of a psychological thriller. Beyond, of course, will also have these components of emotion, depth of characters, strong moments, but there will also be a more epic, dramatic dimension. All this will be part of a story with a logical narrative following the philosophy that each scene must be unique and different. Take the forest scene for example. This is the only scene like this in the game. We will have more epic scenes and other action scenes, but they will be radically different and have nothing to do with each other in terms of environment and the type of action involved." Expect some roller coasters in this game. Emotional, maybe even literal. Who knows? It seems Cage is going to lengths to keep specifics on a need to know basis. Potential players? We don't need to know."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:56:23 PM PST
JWK says:
Heavy Rain is... an incredibly good and incredibly flawed game. Everyone going into it understands that it's an adventure game and therefore will be story driven. But those who say, "It's a movie" aren't entirely wrong. So much of the game isn't decided by you and when it is, it's basically "Press X to not die." The graphics, music, settings, and story are all incredible. But when the story is this integral to the game, the voice acting should have been better. The mall level was almost embarrassing: "Jason? Jaaaaaaason! Jason? Jaaaaaason! Jason? Jaaaaaason!" I hear it in my sleep sometimes...

That said, I shouldn't be as critical as I am to Heavy Rain. It tried something completely different and to a large part succeeded. Same can be said for L.A. Noire. Adventure games in this day and age have to be noteworthy to attain any modicum of success and both of those games are shining examples of what modern adventure games can and perhaps should be. Heavy Rain left a really big impact on me. I got the good ending but

*spoilers*
I almost got physically ill when I thought jason wasn't going to survive at the very end. When I was giving him CPR I thought, "I've gone TOO far and done TOO much to save this kid. And now he's going to die on me?? That's crap!" When he finally came to, I was actually relieved.
*spoilers*

It's not often a video game does that to me. So while it's faults may be more apparent than most other games, so are its strengths. Nothing has been quite so unique this generation. Ha! "Unique..." When was the last time you were able to say THAT about a game?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:07:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 11:15:18 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Top 2 exclusive to the PS3 for me I loved it ! One of the few games I'd like to buy again and play back thru when I have a little extra cash.

I really loved the first Uncharted too both games blew me away, prolly #1 Uncharted #2 Heavy Rain. I liked U2 and U3 but not like the original for me.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:16:54 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
Very good game.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:46:23 PM PST
Jackel says:
Jason........JASON!!!!

I agree with everyone above. Heavy Rain is an amazing game. Graphics in that game still blow me away even to this day. The story is one of the best I have ever seen in a video game. I would have no problems with putting it on my top 10 favorite PS3 games list.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:15:40 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Shower scene is epic :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:23:16 PM PST
Word up!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:45:36 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
I liked heavy rain but found it strange how you get raped half the time you play as the woman.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions