Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Diablo 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 838 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2012 1:28:37 AM PDT
The CE is epic.

And the servers are up, but I'm at work.

Posted on May 15, 2012 1:28:49 AM PDT
I have no coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 1:38:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 1:50:49 AM PDT
Finger says:
Went to Best Buy at midnight, might have bought the CE if they'd had one in stock. When I asked, the guy laughed and said "Not a chance!"

You don't look so good K, you feeling a bit under the weather? Maybe you should go home early and get lots of "rest"??

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 1:39:44 AM PDT
I took an hour nap before going to Gamestop, and then slept about 2.5 hours before leaving for work. I shall prevail!

But.... alas... still no coffee.

Posted on May 15, 2012 2:22:11 AM PDT
Crisis averted, coffee obtained.

Posted on May 15, 2012 2:28:11 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 15, 2012 2:36:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 2:33:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 2:34:33 AM PDT
A few of my friends are playing it now.

The login servers are the bottleneck, once you get online there haven't been many issues.

And you might want to reword the storm, they'll probably delete that comment in 3....2....1...

Posted on May 15, 2012 2:34:19 AM PDT
T-Hype says:
No problem logging in now, it was just that first hour and a half is all.

Too bad I have to crash now, only got to level 5. :(

I have guest passes by the way if anyone wants.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 2:35:29 AM PDT
I may also have an unaccounted for guest pass or two if anyone is interested. I just have to double check and make sure no one else needed one on my end.

Posted on May 15, 2012 2:38:15 AM PDT
T-Hype says:
We should get a VGF game going at some point, preferably starting Friday as my week is jammed up pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 2:39:30 AM PDT
Cats Go Nyan says:
I do! :O

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 2:46:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 2:47:07 AM PDT
I've got a ventrilo server up and running for those that want to join. I think a handful of the VGF regulars are going to be on there as well.

I'll post my battletag later this morning since Bliz took all the websites down to allow for more login traffic.

Posted on May 15, 2012 4:45:52 AM PDT
I believe I was one of the first, if not the first to log in this morning (is there a feat of strength for that?).

Got on at 11:59 PST, was surprised, but figured I'd start logging in early because I expected a ton of time-outs and bottle-necked servers. Kept getting the down for maintenance thing and then at 11:59 it just logged me in, no server busy or anything. Monk chat was the only thing open and I was the only person in it for a good 5 minutes.

Played from 3am EST - 6:20ish before having to get ready for work. And WOW, the SK was maybe half if that of Act 1. I believe I was closing in on the last part of Act 1 before I had to run. Kind of rushed through it all and only level 14, plan on repeating some quests though when I get home tonight. It looks like the Spider Queen boss drops 2 yellow items so was thinking of running her a few times to get my guy a little better geared. Was finally hitting a wall where I was getting killed a bit too easy.

Especially with some of the miniboss and elite mob spawns I was getting owned. Had like 3-4 times before I had to run where I'd get a miniboss with 2 packs of elite mobs. Me and my templar just got creamed.

Oh I'm a monk btw, LOVING this guy, he just murders things.

Posted on May 15, 2012 4:49:20 AM PDT
http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx1E87DMHS9KVY5

Gamebreaking bug found. If you already beat SK you're past it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:00:27 AM PDT
Yeah, weird because I did give him a shield but think it was after I hired him, not really sure. But was really surprised, I figured the SK would be pretty much the end of Act1, not by a loooooong shot. Really this morning I was just rushing through as much as possible, wanted to get as much story as I could. Really wanted to beat Act 1, so took my time to the SK thinking once I beat him I'd call it and get ready, and then when he died and the act was still going on I was like "Oh %*#@ ok, I'm rushing through to see if I can at least get to the end of the act".

Lol and I still didnt. Oh and upgrade your blacksmith with your gold, it is definitely worth it. Early on he REALLY helped spot me a few pieces of gear when I was hurting for shoulders and pants. Can see it really coming in handy if you keep up on him when you hit a drought on a certain item.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:01:57 AM PDT
P-Nasty says:
Why would you want to rush through so fast? It's still going to be there when you get off of work.

Posted on May 15, 2012 5:03:23 AM PDT
Baxter says:
Ugh, I can't wait to get home and play this today. Going to be a sloooow day at work.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:04:02 AM PDT
Yep, according to Bliz you can make some godly gear with the blacksmith. Like, enigma quality gear.

I am excite.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:07:55 AM PDT
Really because I wanted to beat Act 1 before I had to go to work just to see the cutscene lol.

Its so easy to restart questlines I honestly planned on rushing Act 1 for the story and then going back and restarting after SK to enjoy everything and explore, etc (and figured play with some friends then).

Maybe once you get past SK you'll see, dont want to spoil story, but really wanted to see what happened ;) And of course now I have to wait till after work and its bugging me lol.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:09:32 AM PDT
Yeah, he's EXPENSIVE though. Did pop a few of my yellow items on the AH for 50k gold just in case lol. They were all off-class items anyways so figured I'd see what happens. Though looks like already yellow items are common as heck, saw a ton of them out there.

Havent gotten a legendary or set item yet though :(

Posted on May 15, 2012 5:23:13 AM PDT
And this is going to be the slowest day of work ever.......only 7 hours to go.....

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:56:55 AM PDT
Baxter says:
I hear you there... T-minus 7 here too.

Posted on May 15, 2012 5:57:56 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Ahhhhhhhhh, at work and will get it on my lunch break! ahhhhhhh.

Posted on May 15, 2012 6:03:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 6:03:20 AM PDT
Ah, JJ, just got home. Installing now. >:)

Posted on May 15, 2012 6:04:03 AM PDT
Nytmare says:
Getting it at lunch today myself... can't wait! Hoping to stumble across a CE, but somehow I doubt that will happen...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  838
Initial post:  May 15, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions