Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Final Fantasy All The Bravest coming to iOS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 6:52:49 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
http://kotaku.com/5976364/its-official-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-comes-to-ios-tomorrow?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

The new Final Fantasy game is indeed Final Fantasy All the Bravest, for iOS devices, a spinoff combat-only title. It hit the New Zealand iTunes store a couple hours ago. Square Enix had said to expect an announcement on this tomorrow. Well, it's already tomorrow in New Zealand.

All the Bravest uses the Active Time Battle system popularized by older Final Fantasy games. "Every character possesses an ATB gauge that displays the time remaining until that character can execute an action," the description says. "When the gauge is full, simply tap or drag your finger over the character to attack. Touch multiple characters in quick succession to experience exhilarating and fast-paced battle."

All the Bravest will feature characters, enemies and music (more than 30 songs) spanning the Final Fantasy series, and offers red mage, monk and warrior among the 20 classic jobs that are unlockable as players progress through the game. Old foes like behemoths and cactuars will be followed by a boss showdown at the end of each stage.

Also, an in-game shop will offer 35 premium characters from "a number of Final Fantasy titles." The characters appear to be randomly awarded when purchased. Additional game stages from Final Fantasy VII, X and XIII also are available.

The game is listing for $4.19 in New Zealand, which is $3.50 U.S. No word on North American pricing, nor Android availability. More screens are below.

------------------------

Seriously, SE? This is what you are wasting your resources on?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:53:41 AM PST
Squeenix may stop actually making video games soon.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:53:56 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I'm buying an iPhone just for this!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:00:00 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I wrote this in another post, but...

Squeenix's focus for 2013 is (paraphrased from Famitsu) "MMOs and mobile games (and strengthening their existing IP)" with mobile games like this I suppose.

Byebye Squeenix. You keep breaking my heart.

At least give me Type0 before you go?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:07:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:07:38 AM PST
Keller says:
At least Monolith knows how to make good rpgs on home consoles. I have a feeling, since Nintendo owns Monolith, the U will be my go to Japanese style rpg console next generation. :)

Square used to be my favorite developer, even over Nintendo, back in the SNES/ps1 days. But they are horrible anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:12:58 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
They definitely are trying to focus on mobile gamers but I feel that they are completely trying to screw their core fan base that just begs for something new.

Some remakes aren't bad but SE is going crazy with how many times they are porting the original games to all devices. I would love to play FFXHD when that comes out but beyond that I want the new games or the ones that have only been released in Japan.

All the Bravest just sounds crappy. It's just a rehash on previous games put into a new one with no story elements.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:14:25 AM PST
Keller says:
Given no screenshots of FFX has surfaced, anybody else worried it will be released on iOS and/or Vita, leaving ps3 owners out in the cold? I am seriously worried about this. Please tell me I am paranoid. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:16:12 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
How you turn a Square iOS post into a Nintendo boot-licking fiesta is beyond me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:18:02 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I would say there would be a chance of the game just being released on the Vita but I can't see the game ever being released on iOS or Android since the game is a lot bigger than the original games.

I still love the new games that SE releases but I am just sick of them putting all their resources into projects like this. XIII is in my top 5 FF games so I still know they can make great games but they don't seem to push them nearly enough.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:18:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:18:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sounds like a rip off of Battleheart.

" No word on North American pricing"

$19.99

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:37:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:39:48 AM PST
Keller says:
LOL, settle down my friend. I wasn't complimenting Nintendo, but Monolith Soft. The folks behind Xenoblade, Baiten Kaitos and Xenosaga. Nintendo is simply the publisher moving forward, not the developer, hence credit for the games goes to Monolith Soft. I believe you have over reacted a bit. I am just more excited to see the announced Monolith Soft U game over what Squareand "Lighting Returns". I agree with the majority, Square is just meh anymore. :)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:22:02 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Here is the link to the youtube trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCEag5gU7lw

Looks like it might be fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:24:31 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Wow that was nothing I was expecting. Now I'm kind of interested.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions