Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 179 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:54:14 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I kind of agree, but I think Ubsoft tried way too hard to make it be a surprise, to the point that it didn't make that much sense to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:17:18 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
My guess is it will probably make more sense as the story progresses. I will say that the intro with him was entirely too long though. Then again I'm still playing as teenage Connor and have bought all of the maps that show all of the collectibles (and am now combing through the available locations for all of them), captured 2 forts, and completed several frontiersmen quests. I like to take my time with these open world games.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:26:41 AM PST
Kr155 says:
Finally a current gen Halo game that looks impressive! And (shocker) they didnt have to make it all brown and realistic to do it.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:27:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:30:45 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
I've only played MP and the graphics look like halo reach graphics and it plays like halo reach. I'm looking forward to more game modes. Haven and complex are my favorite small maps.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:42:35 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
It was obvious something was up with him. Being chosen for the mission to America meant he was fairly high ranked. Yet in combat he was definitely lacking in badazzness like every other assassin.

It sets up a nice mystery that I hope gets explored later. That being where he got his hidden blade. It is discussed in a Desmond part how he obviously isn't trained well enough to have earned it before the turn.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:01:03 AM PST
Kr155 says:
I was basing it off the single player footage i've seen. I get my copy tomarrow so i can see first hand but there seemed a pretty noticable difference between this and reach. MP never really looks as impressive as Sp but then i understand that when you have more important gools like network code stability and map balancing. your goal isnt to distract your player with impressive imersive graphics.

I am not ashamed of being a graphics nut, and with the ammount of money games like this make there's no reason not to expect both good graphics and good gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:20:06 PM PST
Mallrat says:
I actually argued with LuvR that the open cut scene was video. It wasn't... Color me extremely impressed.

I am digging the hell out of the new enemies/weapons. Story is a lot more personable. I am about halfway in and find myself genuinely concerned about Cortana. The game is awesome. The 4 player co-op is incredible. Can't wait to beat it and dive head first into multi-player. I am really surprised at the job 343 did.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:31:38 PM PST
From what I gathered it looks like it worth a pick up....I was going to wait to see how Blops 2 turned out before deciding, but seeing such a favorable reaction it may be worth picking up for the weekend....

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:39:24 PM PST
You're making me insanely jelly....

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:45:42 PM PST
I finished the campaign a few hours ago and have been enjoying the MP, great game. No concerns about this franchise at all, 343 knocked it out of the park.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:48:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 4:50:17 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Maybe I just suck at these campaigns, but I'm finding the AI in Heroic a good challenge. I'm figuring my way out of them, but some of these skirmishes take me try after try..

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:56:41 PM PST
mission 5 is so unfairly hard... on legendary

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:08:06 PM PST
It's tough on Heroic, I dropped it to normal after awhile, mostly because I wanted to get back to Okami HD.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:24:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 6:25:02 PM PST
I just finished the campaign and played a few online matches. Love it. I wrote a single player only review. I gave it a 5/5. I'll admit that this is the first Halo since Combat Evolved that I'm a total fanboy of. I absolutely love it. Honestly, I felt Bungie kinda lost its magic with some of the sequels. Halo 4 is the Halo I've been waiting many years for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:27:31 PM PST
Sounds awesome.

Picked my copy up yesterday, but I have some games in my backlog giving me the evil eye, so I think I'm waiting till the weekend to get into it.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:57:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:00:22 PM PST
P-Nasty says:
The game is awesome. I've already put in some good hours in the multiplayer. Very fun and I've surprisingly only encountered nice, mature gamers so far. My team tied an opposing team in a slayer match and we all ended it with "GG" and friends list adds. *gasp*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:59:07 PM PST
P-Nasty says:
It does not play like Reach, are you trolling? All of the weapons feel entirely different, even the sounds were redone.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:18:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:18:49 PM PST
RoadKing says:
It's a real shame that some will avoid this fantastic game in the name of console loyalty. Your loss because this game is superb.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:46:15 PM PST
vishock says:
Beat the SP in just under 7 hours. Pretty good, but I wont spoil. The music was great and ill probably buy the soundtrack now.

Now the MP... Wow, so much better than all the previous Halos. Maps are awesome, the gun drops are nice.

Overall definitely worth the pick up. I'd give it a 9.5/10 just because of all you can do. I thought Halo 3 SP was the best tho.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:20:12 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:18:12 PM PST
Iri says:
I managed to get a bit of cash for it and honestly its great! It reminds me of why i enjoyed the Halo series in the first place. The only problem I have, its totally personally, is that I suck at MP. Im always dying due to being attacked from 4 different directions. Also the fact that im getting a crazy amount of assists isnt helping.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:46:10 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
So far I've finish the first mission on Heroic solo, and got to rank 20 in the MP. I've played nearly all the gametypes, except KotH and one other one. I've done 3 Spartan Ops also. My impression:

SP - I'm actually kind of in another boat from you guys. I found it to be a little underwhelming. I've only completed the first mission on Heroic, but from what everyone has been saying it's supposed to blow you away. I was midly amused. I'm really into the storyline, and I think 343 has done an amazing job so far telling it, but it's the mechanics that hurt it IMO. The old exploits are still there, such as hanging back and shooting at the Covenant while they stand around or run in circles not shooting or advancing, the AI doesn't seem as smart either. For the most part they just stand there and shoot, or sit behind cover for 15 seconds before coming out to get popped. I understand it's my own fault for exploiting the distance "cheat" but I wish 343 did something to alieviate this, especially with the bigger maps. At least in Halo CE half the time they'd charge you until you were within shooting distance. Also, it seems like bodies/weapons disappear quickly, which makes finding ammo/weapons to swap with difficult. In the older Halos if you needed ammo all you'd have to do is give a quick glace over the battlefield to see where you can get new weapons, now you have to find weapon boxes or charge the enemies with no ammo.

I understand this might just be an issue in the first level, and I have to play more to get a real good bead, but it is a little disappointing. Also, I found the first mission to be a little bland. I don't know. The graphics are gorgeous though. Truely impressed with what they pushed out of the 360 with this game.

Spartan Ops - These are fun diversions. The storyline is a little light on details, but they are quick little scrimishes against the AI with 4 people. They only last about 5 minutes each. Pro tip - If you want to level up quick, each mission that you complete usually gives you at least 2k points, so if you want to level up quickly when you're at a low Spartan Level, these are a good, fun way to level up.

MP - he MP is amazing. I haven't really been into a Halo MP game since Halo 2, but this has sucked me right in. All the modes I've played have been fun, and with a good team and good oponents, the matches can be tight exciting games of skill and little luck that really move the gameplay forward. Each weapon can be a weapon of mass destruction, and the gameplay feels tight. The Ordinance Drops add a nice level of randomness to the game that help with keeping the pace up. each map is also finely tuned, and I haven't enjoyed Halo MP maps like this since Halo 2. The graphics, although not as awesome as the SP (For obv. reasons) are awesome, and the game runs at a very good frame rate nearly 98% of the time. The level up system and the unlock system is fine, it doesn't hurt the core gameplay as much as people were worried it might. Also, the DR is amazing :)

Anywho, that's my thoughts on it now. It's a tight, well designed game that not only lives up to the Halo series, but improves it and moves it along in logical, interesting ways. Good job 343.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:18:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 1:25:07 AM PST
I almost had teh tearz.... amazing story

edit: just saw what I think is the legendary ending... some people are going to be pissed

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:50:42 AM PST
My friend got this on release and I was allowed to play the game for awhile, overall the game looks and plays great but for myself I just couldn't really get into the game. Not saying it's bad quite the opposite I just couldn't get into the gameplay myself but my four friends though have been playing the game constantly for the last two days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:40:37 AM PST
What difficulty are you playing the campaign?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions