Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I beat NSMBU last night.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-62 of 62 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:19:31 PM PST
What Mario platformer (outside of The Lost Levels) is really all that hard? Super Mario Bros 3. and Super Mario World, both held in high regard, are very easy games.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:21:52 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Super Mario Bros. 2 is pretty hard. Galaxy is really tough in later levels (well, when going for all the stars) but that's mainly because of annoying motion controls and a wonky camera. I still like Galaxy, but it does have minor control/camera issues.

I didn't think that SMB3 was easy when I was a kid when the game first came out. It's easy now because I've been playing it for 20 + years.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:23:14 PM PST
Is NSMBU what you call your manhood?

Hey yooooooo!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:24:38 PM PST
Actually you are right - Galaxy 1 and 2 had some difficult levels, but pretty much all the 2D Mario's are a piece of cake (outside of the lost levels <--can't stress this enough - that game is BRUTAL). I don't really go into a Mario platformer expecting to be throwing my controller around and dying over and over at crazy part. That's what games like Mega Man Zero are for.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:27:22 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I imported The Lost Levels for GBA, and wow, that is like the hardest Mario game ever made. I don't even think I ever made it to World 2. Making it out of World 1-1 was an impressive feat that I could not accomplish back to back. If they had unleashed that game unto America as the true sequel to Super Mario Bros (as they did in Japan) there would have been tons of NES units in broken, mangled heaps littering trash dumps all across the country.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:29:16 PM PST
It's borderline unfair at times and you almost have to be lucky to make it through a couple of sections just running and jumping and praying. I have beaten it, but only on the Wii VC with that one "save state" so I could keep the game running for weeks and go back to it and the last few worlds are just unreal.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:29:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 1:30:45 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Anybody else notice that in boost mode the Gamepad player can only put down really small blocks when your character has 99 lives? It took me forever to figure that one out. My wife and I were so confused. She was pissed tyring to figure out why her blocks here tiny. :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:11:55 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I beat the Lost Levels and I can confirm that it is quite difficult. I beat it on Mario All Stars without benefit of any save state. As I said earlier in this thread, I have 100% in all Mario, Zelda and Layton games to date. I am still working on Sticker Star and NSMBU, but I feel certain 100% is forthcoming in both

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:20:32 PM PST
What do you consider a perfect sticker book for 100% in Sticker Star?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:47:36 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
How is the co op for this game? How long is it? I have a Wii U and just beat Zombi U on survival so there isn't really anything else to do with the game(maybe a play through to see how man zombies I can sneak by). I probably won't play th esingle player at all, but my siblings and nephews would love to play co op if it's worth it. We generally like the chaotic stuff that I heard this falls into.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:48:57 PM PST
The 3DS version should be easier since the NES emulator supports save states.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:51:29 PM PST
Gameresq says:
All of the banners in the park at 100%
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3889 5 seconds ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 101 10 seconds ago
A Couple Game Codes If Anybody Wants Them 42 1 minute ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6704 1 minute ago
PlayStation Plus: Free Games for August 2016 (Tricky Towers, PS4 - Rebel Galaxy, PS4 - Yakuza 5, PS3 - Retro/Grade, PS3 - Patapon 3, PS Vita - Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4) 8 1 minute ago
Digital Foundry on Nintendo NX's Tegra-powered capabilities... 0 1 minute ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 573 2 minutes ago
Microsoft Working to 'Make Steam Progressively Worse' on Windows 10 to Force Gamers to Use Windows Store 20 2 minutes ago
OT: How much would you change for your significant other? 45 2 minutes ago
OT: Decided on my new smartphone, Moto G4 Plus 30 2 minutes ago
Top 5 New IPs This Gen 36 3 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 3110 6 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  62
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions