Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Vanuatu's Independence Day and ... Sissy Boys!?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 8126-8150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:14:53 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I think with a better child actor and better direction and much better writing ("Yipeeeeee!" /wrist) they could have continued with Anakin being as young as he was.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:15:10 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
Trust me on this one. If you saw the movie you'd understand why even a great effects guy couldn't save it.

And John Carter was one of the inspirations for star wars, so it would make sense that the movie gave off that vibe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:16:58 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
Probably true, but I think he would've been better off a couple years older, especially considering Lucas was never a great writer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:18:08 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Lucas is a great "concept" guy, but many of the better changes to the OT came from other people working with him. You're definitely right about him as a writer. As I've stated before, the fact that the franchise is now out of his hands leaves me nothing but optimistic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:21:51 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
I think the best thing for the next trilogy would be for lucas to set up what will happen and let other people write the stories and flesh them out. Best of both worlds kind of thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:22:58 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Sounds like that's basically what's happening. He's handed over general notes of what should be going on, but there are no scripts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:27:10 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
If they follow through on his notes I think we have good reason to be stoked about this. I was excited already tho. Regardless of feelings about the prequel trilogy, it's hard not to be excited about a star wars feature film.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:31:51 AM PDT
Actually he has scripts done but I doubt they (Disney) are going to let uncensored/unedited Lucas up on the big screen again after the prequels.

In fact he's apparently got 50 scripts together for the live action TV series as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:16:56 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
But you can do that with any movie such as the Matrix, Blade Runner, Inception, Lord of the Rings and other beloved movies. Even the OT.

As for the rest of the comments:

I get that there differing opinions. Many don't like the Prequels. But there are a lot who do hence the billions they have made at the boxoffice and billions more from DVD etc.

For some reason, and I am not saying this about anyone here: It is "cool" to bash on the Prequels. I honestly feel that some fans have this sense of entitlement. I think Lucas gave a lot, as he seemingly took fan feedback to heart such as less Jar Jar and more Jedi action etc. I also believe that no matter what fans would not be pleased. I enjoy the movies and that is enough for me. Sure, some of the acting is wooden but overall it was well done as I stated in an above post.

Prequels FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:37:22 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Yep, I also got a strong Star Wars vibe from it (I rather enjoyed the movie). Was thinking about how strongly it was influenced by Star Wars...and then I found out in the special features that John Carter was created back in 1911. So it's the other way around, I suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:39:34 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Where's the source for that? Not exactly doubting it, but I haven't seen George mention he has full scripts done for the films.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:49:12 AM PDT
"Ah, the much-talked about Star Wars Live-Action TV Series. George Lucas has spoken about his intention to produce such a series since Revenge of the Sith - and in the past couple of years had openly discussed the fact that he has actually had a full 50 scripts written for the thing! At the same time, he said that the show was on hold because it would just be too expensive to make for a reasonable budget with the current technology available."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/how-the-disney-deal-will-impact-the-future-of-star-wars-on-tv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 11:07:56 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Oh! My bad. Just a misunderstanding. Thought you were talking about scripts for the next three movies. I remember that about the TV show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 2:13:26 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
I totally said that last page. You can actually read all the john carter books for free because it's in the public domain now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 2:55:14 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I read the first John Carter book...Not bad. A lot different than the movie. The movie is actually pretty good. One thing about Carter is that it seemed ripe for a Director's Cut on DVD, as they covered a lot of ground in the 130 minutes. I hope Disney releases one later as that is one other way to offset some of the major losses.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:58:21 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I even made a thread about it when it came out:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2874JYF9HSD2M#MxJ8PHEJQG668V

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 4:03:13 PM PDT
Anthony says:
so, anyone see Arrow yet? i watched the first episode it was okay. wound up changing the channel not long into the second episode due to the cringe-inducing monologue. seriously, they need to cut that **** out of the show, because the guy playing Green Arrow just can't pull it off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 4:12:52 PM PDT
That's based off of Green Arrow?

I don't even know what's on tv anymore. Most of the time I'm either playing games or watching movies.

I did watch a Supernatural marathon the other week, but that's the most television I've watched in a long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 4:25:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 4:28:14 PM PDT
Anthony says:
yeah. its a little different than the comic book version. or the smallville one for that matter. for one thing, his mother is still alive. and apparently evil. and he has a sister. honestly, the only actor with a recurring role that i recognized is a police office who i'm pretty sure is supposed to be the father of Black Canary, who played Dresden on the Dresden Files TV show. don't know his name.

from what little i've seen its alright, but nothing really spectacular. honestly, i'd think they would have been better off if they had just kept Justin Hartley in the role and made it a smallville spin-off.

and i watched that Supernatual marathon. or at least part of it. honestly, i don't watch much tv anymore either. i always watch supernatural, even if its been going downhill since season 6, and i've watched arrow once or twice. beyond that, i occasionally watch family guy, futurama, star wars clone wars, and young justice. other than that, when i have the tv on its either on the news or on a music choice rock channel.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 4:43:45 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
Finally got asscreed iii today. Goodbye sweet vgf.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 4:49:02 PM PDT
I was into Supernatural for the first 2 and a half seasons, but then my interest waned and I stopped watching it. I did enjoy watching the marathon though, the episode where the guys were thrown into the "real world" and found out they were just actors I got a big kick out of.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 4:49:56 PM PDT
Enjoy!

Hopefully, I'll be playing it come sometime next week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 5:02:47 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
Supernatural up through season five was pretty amazing. It should've ended there tho. I watched a couple episodes of six before realizing that and giving up on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:09:41 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I played a bit yesterday....College FB is on tonight so no gaming. But it was really fun. People have been complaining that the game starts out slow. I am liking it. I like the slow burn and the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:26:11 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
Yeah theres three good college games on right now so I probably won't get started until after them
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Playstation Vue or Sling 21 6 seconds ago
OT:Benghazi for shame 70 1 minute ago
Ot: Hillary: I'll Fix Obama's Lousy Economy By Applying More Of His Failed Policies 23 2 minutes ago
Bioshock Collection Incoming 21 2 minutes ago
PS+ Has A 52% Attach Rate On PS4 44 3 minutes ago
OT: Is planning the second wedding supposed to be more stressful than the first? 54 3 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4517 9 minutes ago
Apple gives SF Sodomy Parade attendees a pathetic rainbow watch band, worth about 50 cents 22 11 minutes ago
Hillary barking like a dog 92 15 minutes ago
Super Mario RPG coming to the Wii U Tomorrow 18 20 minutes ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 443 25 minutes ago
OT: President Trump - Get used to it 70 29 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions