Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

What are the worst fanbases that you have ever encountered

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 229 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:08:52 PM PST
Friday? I don't think it's the worst song ever. It's not "good," per se, but I get a weird enjoyment out of listening to it. I'd ALMOST put it in the outsider music category of like Shooby Taylor or The Shaggs, but I don't think it quite belongs there. I dunno, it's definitely a musical oddity and it's burned itself into the public consciousness.

It also drives my co-workers nuts, which I enjoy greatly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:11:19 PM PST
Brokencyde is worse than Rebecca Black.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:33:07 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Whenever I'm having a bad day, I play the FREAXXX video and realize life could be worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:33:09 PM PST
Exactly, and they weren't just a rich girl whose parents paid for a single song. Rebecca Black is far more respectable than anything in the "crunkcore" genre. I cringe every time I see that genre name, ick.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 7:47:06 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
The fanbase that consists of people that feel the need to whine about what other people like.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 7:48:01 PM PST
Apple. These have to be the most annoying elitist snobish fanboys ever. Jobs could have crapped in a bucket and called it ipoop and these people would have paid $100 a bloody spoonful for it.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 7:48:13 PM PST
All of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:51:54 PM PST
My guiltiest pleasure has always been lurking around the BSN to make myself feel better, in a way. Sometimes, all it takes for a quick pick me up is to see that specific brand of rock bottom crazy. Never visited the ME3 MP boards though, so it's a little nice to hear that it isn't 100% bonkers.

On a less pleasant front, I sort of can't handle Twilight fans because my mother/grandmother won't stop trying to make me read it/watch it, and so I've become soured on the idea of the fanbase.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 8:18:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 8:19:04 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
Lairtards

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 12:20:41 AM PST
Apple,SEGA and Sony fanbases are the worst.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:41:04 AM PST
Ohio State Football fans, Red Sox fans, and Cub fans are pretty bad. I come from Ohio, live in Chicago, and the BoSox are my favorite baseball team, but I still think their fans all suck.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:25:38 AM PST
Jax Vaeus says:
People who take a video game review, or hell, any reviewers word as the word of god instead of just watching/playing it themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:45:09 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
How did you become a Red Sox fan if you came from Ohio and live in Chicago? Did you live in Boston or New England at some point in between? I can't see someone just randomly liking the Red Sox because of the exact reason you stated. Even after breaking the 86 year World Series drought and winning 2 championships they still act bitter and obnoxious, the huge fans that is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:04:54 AM PST
Real217 says:
SEGA has a fanbase?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:08:15 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
nothing compares to apple users. every apple fan boy i know will not even listen to an anti apple argument. they are the spoiled only children of smart phones/tablets/computers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:09:33 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
phish fans are the worst! i feel like if i say something negative about phish, ill get shot in VT

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:10:30 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Apple, pretty much the only ones I ever have problems with.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:15:01 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
my brother is a huge apple fan boy. when i went home for xmas, he was going to sleep early instead of hanging out with me (dont get a lot of time to visit), so he can wake up early to drop 400 bucks on the iphone 5.

just for fun, i brought up how the galaxy S3 was better than the iphone 5 in just about every category. i dont know much about the insides of phones, and i forget what his argument was, but it was something incredibly stupid to argue about.

and then he mentioned how he will finally have 4g, and i just told him that ive had 4g for almost a year at the time, even though VT just got 4g accessability last spring

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:15:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:15:53 AM PST
Ice King says:
Any fanbase that is made up of more women than men. Usually shows that have good looking male leads like Supernatural and True Blood. The female fans of those shows are sex starved pigs.
They don't even care about the plot, all they want to see are the male characters bang each other (in the case of Supernatural, they're brothers).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:20:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:20:49 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'll kill you!

That's sarcasm from a Sega fanboy. Not a literal threat on this man's life. I apologize for any confusion that this may have caused, but please don't send SWAT teams to my house.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:23:08 AM PST
klopas says:
There are some gaming fanbases that I tend to avoid interacting with:

Final Fantasy - Love the games, hate when the fans berate one another for liking one iteration of the series over the next. Then they turn to Square-Enix and rabble rabble some more, hatting on FFXIII, and begging for a FFVII remake (which would be awesome, but still).

DOTA/LoL - Lots of pompous individuals that give the games a bad rep.

Street Fighter/ Marvel vs Capcom/ insert fighting series here - These fans are savages! Barely even human!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:41:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:41:55 AM PST
Destructoid fanboys - Jim Sterling is a self absorbed douchenozzle.

Furries - .....Point made.

Vegan fanboys - We all have that one friend who is a proud vegan and must talk/post about how evil us meat eaters are. Just stop it.

Motorcycle fanboys - You like to ride a bike, awesome. I don't need to know about your late night 'cruise' every time you walk by me.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:42:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"Vegan fanboys - We all have that one friend who is a proud vegan and must talk/post about how evil us meat eaters are. Just stop it."

"Oh, yeah, I get it. Meat is terrible. Can you pass the steak sauce? Thanks."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:46:47 AM PST
Ice King says:
I don't know if I'd call furries "fanboys". That would be like calling foot fetishists "foot fanboys".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:50:19 AM PST
SMH says:
I'm pretty tolerant in general, but I can't stand to be in the same room as the vegan type you describe. They are the worst.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  71
Total posts:  229
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions