Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Just when you thought the Westboro Baptist Church couldn't sink any lower.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 107 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:19:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
Great one. I think its my favorite as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:19:43 AM PST
Another point I enjoy bringing up! He was in fact the one that brougth up the idea of voting emergency power to Palpatine in the first place.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:23:31 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Fred Phelps is the Kansas Jar Jar.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:31:31 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:33:09 AM PST
FOGE says:
The Allied Atheist Alliance is the obvious choice!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:33:51 AM PST
You're a ****ing otter!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:35:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 8:37:27 AM PST
"We never target atheists"

I know that you did not just state that Christianity has never targeted atheism ("unbelievers" as depicted in the bible) before....Right?

I detest the overzealous atheist types who deliberately incite anger in religious people...But someone presenting an opinion as to why they do not agree with certain religious aspects is not akin to an attack.

Then again, I don't know the types posting on your feed, they could be deliberately baiting religious types in a crude manor - which I would not agree with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:35:42 AM PST
FOGE says:
Why do you build tables when you already have perfectly good bellies to eat off of?!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:40:25 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
You mean priests exaggerating salvation and how non believers won't be accepted to God's realm? I also don't approve of that completely, but even when it is like that, it's an inside thing. Everyone is welcomed, no distinctions at all. It would be quite different if we would just straight openly attacked atheists, but that goes against our moral codes.
Yes, I'm a 21 year old guy, that might be the reason my facebook feed sucks. Almost everyone at my age just wants to be in the ''cool fad''.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:42:16 AM PST
"Everyday, my facebook feed is filled with shared photos talking about how us Catholics (we're Christians in a sense)"

What does "Christians in a sense" mean? Catholic is basically old school Christian. (Not OG, but old school)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:45:43 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Sounds legit, person I've never seen here before until this very comment!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:45:49 AM PST
The Phelps family are incestuous anyway. They'll run out of brothers and sisters to rape and die out eventually. I'm surprised some of them don't suffer from birth defects already.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:47:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 8:47:23 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
''Christian'' refers to everyone that believes in Christ, our God is called Christ.
We Catholics believe in the Holy Trinity, which includes Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God (Christ) himself. Yes, we're old school Christians, but the fast spreading of new, Protestant beliefs have changed our denomination.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:47:23 AM PST
FOGE says:
I dont think Atheism is the "cool" thing. I think its possible that some people simply dont believe in a higher power. And believe it or not, despite the fact that they wont face eternal damnation for wrongdoing, they tend to be pretty decent members of society.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:48:26 AM PST
I was raised Lutheran and I can tell you that what you just said applies to that (protestant) religion as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:50:31 AM PST
FOGE says:
95% of church teachings from each denomination are about the same. I dont understand the need for division. I think they should just focus on the basics and work together under the name of Christianity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:50:38 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
When did I ever imply they weren't decent members of society? I just refuse to aid a cause where the majority of members like to attack my beliefs without reason and provocation.
I can sense some kind of aggression in your comment, so I'll stop right here.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:52:22 AM PST
Soulshine says:
WBC isn't a church. It isn't even much of a cult. It's just some weird family in Kansas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:53:16 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
It's nice to meet a Lutheran! I have only known them from my history books haha. I guess we learn something new each day, thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:54:13 AM PST
FOGE says:
I never said you did. I m just pointing out that they dont need religion to behave properly. Not sure what "aggression" you saw, but thats fine. Do you play video games or were you just looking for a venue to spout out religious talk?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:56:13 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I'm at my parents house and I can't carry my gaming rig across an 8hour trip, so I'm pretty bored right now :/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:58:37 AM PST
Right up there with "It's not the Jedi Way"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:59:01 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha. I hear ya man. Well, hope I didnt offend you too much. This is a sweet place to kill time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:01:32 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Don't worry man!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:04:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:04:16 AM PST
SMH says:
When I first heard about this the other day I thought...those Anonymous guys are such douche bags. Then I read about this Westboro Baptist Church, and while Anonymous is still a bunch of douche bags in my book, go nuts on taking down WBC.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions