Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 346 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:36:22 AM PST
RoadKing says:
I do not have all 4 slots yet, I have three. Working on crafting the one that holds four. How many people have the special tool for fixing a vehicle for instance? The only way to do that is have it use one of your weapon slots so i doubt many people carry it. Then you come up on a vehicle that needs repairing you have no way to reach back for that tool that you have supposedely collected.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:38:39 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yeah I don't think it's amazing, but it's a decent story, and Vaas is the coolest villain in a long time.

My friend text me to tell me that he thought the game was cool and engaging, but that the story sucked. I asked him if he thought Vaas was a cool villian and he responded... "Na, not really. To me he is a necessary evil to drive this wqeird Jersey Shore themed adventure."

I love my friend, but that seems weird. Like Roadkings desire for more than 4 weapon slots.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:39:11 AM PST
RoadKing says:
Either I am not explaining it clearly or you guys are not comprehending very well. If you come upon a vehicle that needs repairing and you want to take that vehicle what do you have to do to get it repaired?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:39:45 AM PST
I've never even carried the repair tool as I've never felt there was a lack of rides. Sometimes I just randomly fire off my guns to lure over a jeep of dudes and bam, new (if slightly bulletholed) vehichle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:41:35 AM PST
Vaas is my favorite video game character of the year, just simply amazing. The game is no way a Jersey shore adventure, if anything it's making fun of rich entitled d-bags.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:43:42 AM PST
Actually I do think the repair tool could have been something extra that you pick up that doesn't count as a weapon slot. Just have a contextual prompt when you get to a vehicle.

The trade off is that there are tons of vehicles everywhere and that I never think of repairing a truck since there is no repairing blown the F up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:44:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 11:44:43 AM PST
You have to buy the repair tool from one of the vending machines. Then you can take it back to fix the vehicle (or just keep in inventory for a future occasion when you find a car you want that needs fixing). IMO, vehicles are plentiful enough in the game that it's not worth the inventory space.

EDIT: Ninja'd...what Mogwai said.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:44:08 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That's what I'm saying, it was a strange way for him to describe the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:46:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 11:47:18 AM PST
Chris... says:
Wait wait wait. In a year that gave us Tiny Tina, Handsome Jack, and Clementine, you pick this Vaas guy as your favorite character?

Fine I'm going to buy the game today. You didn't have to twist my arm.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:46:54 AM PST
RoadKing says:
True vehicles and other weapons are plentiful. I am simply saying I wish there was an easier way to reach into my arsenal and switch out weapons I have amassed. Not saying increase the number of slots. I might have a shotgun, handgun, bow and smg and decide I want a scoped weapon. Should be able to go in and switchout one of those four for it. Not increase the amount i am carrying just be able to replace on the fly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:47:18 AM PST
Totally agree. Jersey Shore are a bunch of white trash morons getting drunk and arguing over which ugly one of them slept with which other fat one (or other one's fat girlfriend). This is a bunch of wealthy kids getting their @sses handed to them in a situation way over their heads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:48:02 AM PST
I agree with Vaas as my favorite VILLAIN...not necessarily character overall. But he's pretty darn entertaining either way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:48:58 AM PST
I'd actually prefer more slots. For a game with as many different (almost all awesome) guns as this has, four is a pretty limiting number.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:49:06 AM PST
RoadKing says:
Yes but the way you have to get it back on your person after you have already went to a vending machine and purchased it is my beef. Keeping it in your inventory but not being able to use it unless you go back to a vending machine or a general store and assigning it I don't like. All I am trying to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:49:08 AM PST
Well I didn't play Borderlands 2 so I can't say anything about some of those people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:52:23 AM PST
RoadKing says:
Vass terrific voice acting but I have to give the nod to Handsome Jack as my villian of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:53:43 AM PST
Ice King says:
I'd give it a 4. With most open world games I just run to one marker, do what I need to do, then run to the next one with little concern for who I'm doing it for or why.

With this game I'm very interested in the reasons for the things I'm doing and I really want to see the bad guys die.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:55:46 AM PST
I usually find the villain more entertaining in general.

So apparently the voice actor has a bunch of videos on youtube with Christopher Mintz-Plasse where is dressed as Vaas and completely in character.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:56:00 AM PST
Ice King says:
Yeah, I agree that that sucks. I never carry that tool around because I like to have a loadout that covers all types of attacks.
I've only gotten to use it once and it was only because I took a car out and purposely destroyed it to see how it works.
I'm always coming across guys who need help fixing their cars but I have to just ignore them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:56:47 AM PST
Fett986 says:
But... By being able to switch whenever you want, it eliminates the need for weapons slots at all because you could just switch to whatever weapon you have collected... So really you are arguing that there should be NO weapon slots and you just have access to any gun that you have collected so far. Correct? That makes a more sensible argument, which could also be applied to the majority of shooters today.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:58:46 AM PST
Gotcha.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:58:58 AM PST
That opening monologue with Vaas does a very good job of making you hate and fear him. It's that he is so unhinged that you have no idea what he might do.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:07:19 PM PST
shiftless says:
It seems like what RoadKing is saying is, the four "slots" are fine, but then he wants a bunch of "inventory" slots to hold things, like in Borderlands. You could carry around 30 different weapons, and just swap out the 4 you want "active". I don't really agree with that for Far Cry 3, but I think that's the point he's trying to make.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:08:49 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I'd give the story a 5, though I'm not overly critical, if you guys are still fairly early on your are in for a treat because it just gets better and better and better and etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:13:38 PM PST
I think I'm just far enough that I'm getting a hint as to some of what to come (a bit after I set some fields on fire) and it seems that Jason is enjoying ...actually I'll just keep this vague as most of us are pretty early on in the game. I don't think this is the type of game where story is that important but of what I've seen it's been doing a good job of keeping the story interesting.

In fact when I actually went through some story missions I realized I should probably do it more often as those missions were really fun.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 7132 51 seconds ago
Weekend gaming recap 8/15-8/17; Weekly gaming 8/18-8/21 85 1 minute ago
Infamous Dev Sucker Punch Suffers Layoffs 17 2 minutes ago
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Leaked 28 6 minutes ago
What's Your Favorite Silent Hill Game? 68 8 minutes ago
OT: What Are Your Favorite Star Wars Characters? 3 13 minutes ago
what you never knew about Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles 0 22 minutes ago
OT: NFL to Coldplay: Pay to Play the Super Bowl 46 22 minutes ago
VGChartz: "We need more proof of Sony's 10 million sold thru claim" 70 30 minutes ago
Quantum Break preview - it's about time! 14 30 minutes ago
As a gamer I miss the old days where graphics weren't the focus 1 39 minutes ago
Betrayer is in the latest Groupee "Be Mine" bundle. 2 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  346
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions