Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

ZombiU - 4.5/10

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 193 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:08:54 PM PST
Part of me was hoping for more from the game, it doesn't look horrifically bad a little somewhat like Left 4 Dead but still I was somewhat hoping for more.I'll still wait for some more reviews though the way this sad person gave his seemed to paltry and so unenthusiastic to begin with that you could tell he was probably biased against the game from the start. I would like to see the new Wii U Zelda game and if that plays better though.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:14:23 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
I wish games had individual pricing scales. Some games are clearly not worth 60. Plus, I think yearly games like Madden and CoD could go for 40-50.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:49:16 PM PST
S. Holt says:
I like my survival horror slow and deliberate. No run-gunning, but me running away if the situation gets too hot to handle. I just want word on the game's length and replay value. Will zombies spawn in the same number, at the same location every time? I haven't seen anything on those aspects.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:08:50 AM PST
Game Informer - 5/10

Eurogamer - 9/10

IGN - 6.3/10

Destructoid - 8/10

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:09:50 AM PST
Very mixed, isn't it?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:16:14 AM PST
Let's see bad review from someone who wants an action horror game not a survival horror. Yet the game is survival horror and I've been dying for a survival horror game and am sick an tired of action horror...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:46:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 9:52:38 AM PST
Jim Sterling really liked it apparently, and he's someone whose opinion I trust on survival horror.

From the Destructoid Review:

"The game is riddled with problems, and its focus on harrowing, slow-paced survival is going to put off a ton of people. In fact, there's a very good chance that many of you reading this will hate it and question how I could ever begin enjoying the thing. ZombiU is not for such a person, and I can't blame anybody who dislikes their time with it. There is, however, a certain breed of player who is going to love it to bits and will find the returns well worth the struggles required. I count myself among them, and I have a feeling that many aficionados of real survival horror will join me. "

So very much not a bad game, just very much a niche game.

EDIT: Ben Kuchera very much concurs:

"This isn't for everyone, and I can see why people may be turned off by the unforgiving nature of the game. You need to plan your moves, act slowly and methodically, and in some cases scavenge weapons and supplies before going after the bag on your last character. If you try to rush your progress you will die. If you try to finish an objective without supplies you will often die. If you do everything right and make a single bad move you may still die. The rush comes in keeping a character alive for hours, and then realizing how much you have to lose by their death. "

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/zombiu-is-resident-evil-mixed-with-dark-souls...-for-better-or-worse

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:59:31 AM PST
user22 says:
Doesn't look very mixed to me. So far the reviews are generally positive, with an average of 7/10.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:28:51 AM PST
7 is the definition of "mixed", meaning there's a few highs and lows. Anything below 7 is usually written off entirely, whereas 7 is a gamble, hence the mixed comment.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:36:13 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
This is still better than Red Steel 1 for sure, but as with that game, they'll get it exactly right for it's sequel. So, let's hope that it sells well and sends a message to Ubisoft to keep it going.

Bring on Zombi U 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:56:00 AM PST
7 is a good score.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:18:09 AM PST
user22 says:
7/14 would be the definition of "mixed". 7/10 is a good, generally positive score.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:32:00 AM PST
Didn't say it wasn't, but a 7 Metacritic means there's a mix of reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:23:31 PM PST
Uh, cricket bat is the only melee weapon I've found.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:21:34 PM PST
Jon says:
So, I'm loving ZombiU so far. So, so, so good. It IS slow paced and very unforgiving but man, thats what makes it fantastic!

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:45:36 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
This whole situation is giving me bad RE6 vibes. The people that like it are claiming they love it. The people that dislike it are getting grilled by fanboys.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:07:23 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Purchase justification.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:45:46 PM PST
Indeed. Say one negative thing and they jump at you, downvote you, etc.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:49:18 PM PST
So far I like it. It's frustrating for sure but oh well

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:50:21 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Pretty much. A lot of people wanted it to be the killer app for Wii U. It's not looking that way at the moment. Still looks enjoyable though, but it nor any of the initial lineup games scream buy now to me. I'll give it a solid year, when the Mario Karts and such arrive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:58:29 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Most companies that score reviews on a ten or a hundred scale do so like school grades. So a 7 out of 10 is a C, or average, not above average.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:52:01 PM PST
A score of seven out of ten is a good score.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:58:38 AM PST
Jon says:
Tell that to my mother.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:06:53 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Can you post the full Destructoid review?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:19:49 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
You are so going to blow it up and hang it on your wall :p
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions