Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

What are the worst fanbases that you have ever encountered

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 229 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:34:17 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Apple fanboys
Uncharted fanboys who argue it's not copied from Tomb Raider
GameStop employees who urge for you to pre-order multiplats on the 360 because they are so much better
People who argue things they have never even tried/bought/played/etc

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:40:58 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:38 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:44:18 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
"Uncharted fanboys who argue it's not copied from Tomb Raider"

It's definitely copied from Tomb Raider, but does everything so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:50:26 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:38 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:52:11 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:54:03 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Ehhhhhh, lets see when Tomb Raider comes out.

They are so old, and Underworld was just as good as Uncharted 1 was. Well, kind of.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:56:22 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Well I fully expect the new Tomb Raider to play as well as, if not better than, Uncharted. Eidos has to have learned a thing or two from Naughty Dog.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:57:40 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
That's true, and you can definitely tell from all the gameplay videos. More cinematic lol

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:01:40 PM PST
Meth Panther says:
what's the difference between a fan and a fanboy

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:03:14 PM PST
Hey says:
I'm pretty sure gamers of the past weren't people to be proud to be a part of either. There's always been those loud unfortunates who get the most attention.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:06:05 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 19, 2013 3:21:30 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:06:55 PM PST
I know.

However, most "gamers" nowadays whine over the most insignificant of things, like Sonic's voice actor, everything in CoD, which system is better (since neither the PS3 or 360 are as good as the SNES and Genesis).

And then we have people who play games because of graphics, and people who hate certain games because they can't beat said games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:08:58 PM PST
Hey says:
It's always been that way though. It's just a bigger percent of the population is playing games now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:09:33 PM PST
Hey says:
As Little Gary taught me, everything at a rodeo is for a poor person.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:12:01 PM PST
Not going to argue with that.

I think that the reason why we have all of these mediocre FPS games is because of this fact.

I wish people would care about being nerds in general, since you get to know more franchises/genres besides Halo, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, CoD, Gears, AC, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Madden, and FIFA

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:17:52 PM PST
Hey says:
During the 16-bit games, there were mediocre fighting games and beat 'em ups (like Final Fight, Double Dragon, etc.). During the 8-bit days, there were a multitude of mediocre platformers. The genres change but there is always the popular genre with the "me too!" guys. It's not a special time period right now. The same arguments you're using, people were using when the SNES and Genesis came out while they played NES and Atari 2600 games. Loosen up and just enjoy what you enjoy without worrying too much, y'know?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:20:15 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Compare Garion (fan) to somebody like Flores (fanboy). Then it will all make sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:22:07 PM PST
I know about that, just now it has become FPS games, and will likely stay that way.

In the PS1/PS2 era, there were a TON of RPG's thanks to FF7. Granted, the SNES also had a lot of RPG's, but the genre reached blockbuster status outside of Japan when FF7 released.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:25:04 PM PST
Hey says:
RPGs, even on PS1, were still pretty niche back in the day. The Final Fantasy games did really well, but you rarely hear the non-hardcore players of the time bring up the RPGs that you or I may have played. There were plenty of bad games on PS1 too, but because you're not in the midst of it, you can skip over them. I was there for the PS1 stuff. I got burned A LOT when I was young and renting them. It's not any different from now. Really. In ten years, you'll be having the same conversation with a younger person about the 360 and PS3, heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:28:50 PM PST
True, I never hear anyone talk about Chrono Trigger/Cross at my school. My friend has never even heard of Chrono Trigger until I showed him my Virtual Console collection.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 4:41:52 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
You guys deleted my post?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:51:25 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Ya you messed up and revealed that you care.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:02:22 PM PST
Hey says:
It's just the age ol' problem of people who don't follow a medium won't know the history of the medium or the major works of the past past the really big ones. It's just like film. People go see movies every day and know about the popular ones currently and some of the classics, like Citizen Kane and The Godfather, but beyond that, it's not likely.

It's not necessarily a fault or anything, but it's just not something they care to know or learn about at the moment, y'know? You're probably planting a seed in your friends' minds though. They'll ask you about stuff in the future. It'll be neat and you won't notice until it's way too far into it, heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:05:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 6:08:45 PM PST
Yeah, my friend didn't know that FF7 was on 3 discs back when it was released, because another friend gave a FF game (presumably 13) on 360 to him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:06:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 6:07:19 PM PST
Hey says:
Three discs, actually. FF8 and 9 were four discs, if I remember properly.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  71
Total posts:  229
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions