Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demon's Souls -- Phantoms, where art thou...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:39:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:11:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:40:52 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
you'll see people playing in their world, so they'll be fighting monsters just like you are, they'll be playing in single player, but will still be online.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:41:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:11:12 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:41:26 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Ahhh ok. That explains quite a bit. Again, thanks a lot guys. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:43:11 AM PDT

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 8:44:28 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
I really hope the servers stay operational for a long time to come. The multiplayer in Demon's Souls is the coolest!

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 8:45:38 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:46:10 AM PDT
Its always hilarious when that happens!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 8:46:56 AM PDT

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 10:16:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2010 10:17:48 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Alright, so I started off with a knight. I died pretty soon in the tutorial when I came across the vanguard. It sent me to the nexus from where after touching an archstone I was sent to the Boletarian palace. Kept dying since I didn't know the crescent grass could be used to restore health =P
When I did realise it I advanced quite a bit. The messages left by other players were pretty useful. But then I died after meeting the Ostrava of Boletaria. And it sent me right back to the entrance.
So the first half hour was definitely very cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 10:53:22 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
did you get the cling ring?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 10:57:28 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Unless the Ostrava gave it to me, I don't think so because I died a couple of enemies after I met him. I did read a message about a ring somewhere there though.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 11:00:41 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
Be sure to find it. One of the most important items in your arsenal.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 11:02:51 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Oh I have to find it? Ok....Then I definitely didn't get it. But isn't the tutorial supposed to be a longer one os is this a part of it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 11:04:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2010 11:07:50 AM PDT
I think the ring is in one of the dungeon keeps next to the giant door at the begining of the level. You have to go up those platforms in the castle wall and descend the tower to open the door at the bottom.

You don't have to find it, but it doubles(?) your HP in soulform (Which is what you play in for most of the game).

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 11:05:34 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
The tutorial is short and you're supposed to die at that boss. The cling ring is in 1-1 (first level of the game, Boletarian Palace)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 11:07:14 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
the level you are on is the first actual level, the tutorial ends after you get killed by Vanguard.

If I remember correctly, right before you met Ostrava you defeated a knight with blue eyes and went through a door covered in fog right? well if you go straight after you fight the knight instead of through the fog you'll come to a tower you can enter. Go to the bottom of the tower, which is full of enemies so be careful, and at the bottom you'll come to a level that not only opens up a shortcut but also leads you to the cling ring, which increases your hit points in soul form.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 11:13:13 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
The ring by Ostrava is the Thief ring. Which comes in very handy. Just make sure you jump on the ledge that Ostrava is on and pick up the ring before you jump down.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 11:14:09 AM PDT
Prankster says:
I did go to the bottom instead of the fog. But guess I didn't search much there. I have died anyway now so I'll keep this in mind next time.

And thank god about the tutorial being short. I thought I wasn't going for the right options.
Its good to get suggestions guys. Keep 'em coming.

The combat felt awesome and the game looked great.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 11:15:30 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Great. Thanks man.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 11:16:52 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
yeah there should be 2 gates at the bottom, with a corpse with an item in between, and a switch to open them. the item is the ring.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 11:37:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:11:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 7:38:33 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Ok. So I used to die all the time somewhere near the first encounter with the blue eyes knight. I finally beat him properly, got the cling ring and unbelievably didn't die at all and finally reached the phalanx. Now, I immediately entered the fog and went to fight him without heading to the nexus before that. Not surprisingly, I died sometime in the battle with the boss. So now, I am out of firebombs, turpentine and short on the grass as well. I have a couple of lotus' and I have the cling ring, the thief ring, the Bastard sword and the soldier's shield along with 2-3 similar items.

What should I do now before I head off to fight with the Phalanx again? I can go and regain my souls there but can I exit and go back to the nexus to purchase the firebombs and turpentine? Because it seems incredibly difficult to fight the Phalanx without them. Any suggestions on what i should do now? With the Phalanx and with the Boletarian Palace in general?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2010 8:02:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:11:29 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2010 8:02:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2010 8:03:50 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
you can't use souls for anything until after you beat phalanx. The zombies with the fire swords have a chance to drop turpentine and fire bombs, but you really don't need them man.

Boss Strategy below, if you want it!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Just take your time, stay on the outside of the room, keeping the pillars between you and phalanx, and just take laps, when you see a baby phalanx away from the rest kill it, from the back it should take you two hits to kill them, just run and run and continue to kill the stragglers and once you kill enough, you can basically attack phalanx from the back and he can't fight back.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  2067
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions