Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii, PS3, or 360?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2012 9:51:58 PM PST
1. Wii (the games that were good, were really good)
2. PS3( a lot of really good games on this one)
3. 360 (Why is it popular?)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 9:58:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 9:59:46 PM PST
Zeno says:
Why I like the 360: It was my first introduction into this generation and loved the controller, I had never played the original XBOX, as I had been kind of out of the loop for some time with games.

My first game I started with was Oblivion. Really enjoyed that game and achievements and pretty much played the game from beginning to end without playing much else at the time. Then I got Left 4 Dead and poured 100s of hours into the online multiplayer, which was the 1st time I ever played MP at all online...was so much fun. From there on the Xbox 360 had me hooked.

The 360 has a lot of games that appeal to my taste, whether it's FPSs, SRPGs, JRPGs, the 360 pretty much has it all. A few titles I like aren't available on the PS3 as well...Some of my favorite exclusives:

Operation Darkness
Left 4 Dead 1
Mass Effect 1
The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesperia
Deadly Premonition

For me: Controller, library, achievement system, and I like the online MP for the most part...

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:01:44 PM PST
Each of them has a lot to offer. That's why it's nice to have all three. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:08:47 PM PST
Agreed. I just like to game, I don't really focus on what system it's for.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:14:11 PM PST
I'm not really a fan of any of them (for me, the 7th generation has been a massive letdown compared to the 4th, 5th, and 6th), but if I had to rank them, I'd put the Wii first for having the best selection of games, the 360 next for having the multiplats that I'm interested in as well as an exclusive that I absolutely had to have and BC emulation, and PS3 last for not having any single game that sold the console to me. They all have games I want, but it's just been a much slower generation for my tastes and values than previous gens.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:31:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 10:32:28 PM PST
L4d, mass effect, tales of vesper and recently Deadly premonition are not exclusives with three of them on the ps3 or will be very soon. I don't understand why the xbx360 is so popular.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:35:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 10:36:11 PM PST
Zeno says:
Key word: Soon. Where have they been this entire time? I haven't seen them anywhere but the 360, and my point was that that is the system those games are currently on. BTW not counting PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:43:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 10:55:49 PM PST
Why not count the PC when these games can be played on a cheap $300 PC. Alan Wake. Got from steam, l4d 1 and 2. Got from steam. ME1 yup you guessed it. Got it from steam. Tales of V is on the PS3 and has been. ME1 will be on the PS3 this Dec and is rumored to be the best version. Deadly Pre is also. Coming to the PS3. This Gen is not over so any game that the PS3 gains is a plus not a negative.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:46:43 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Derp

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:38:14 PM PST
I like ps3, i never found a game i really liked for the wii, and xbox just seems like a pain in the ass. Ive gotta pay to use the internet and some games have 2 discs? Wtf.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:14:45 AM PST
I'm going to agree with you here, the 7th gen was a letdown compared to those great generations.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 7:51:25 AM PST
Harmicky says:
All three, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:05:31 AM PST
DVvM says:
I like the ones I have, and also the ones I don't have, just not enough to buy them.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:12:14 AM PST
elect Tron says:
All three consoles have good games. I tend not to differentiate much between the PS3 and the 360 (hence my frequent use of the term PS360) because their libraries are almost identical. I think PS360 has a significantly better library than the Wii, but the Wii has lots of good games that really deserve to be played. In fact, between Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Xenoblade, and The Last Story, along with several Wii Ware games, I've put almost as much time into the Wii in the last 365 days as I have into the PS3 and the PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 9:16:56 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
This

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:21:57 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
1. Xbox 360 - Most of the best games are multiplats, better controller, achievements > Trophies
2. PS3 - Best Exclusives, Blu-Ray, XMB > Dashboard, only have to pay once to use netflix.
3. Wii - uh, Xenoblade rules.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What the crap is a remaster? 5 7 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3639 9 minutes ago
Twitch Launches New "Social Eating" Category, Someone Promptly Eats Cat Vomit 15 26 minutes ago
What are you looking forward to in the next 10 months? 25 31 minutes ago
Long weekend gaming 07/01 - 07/04: Obama threatens UK after British Amazon VGF voices intent to "Brexit" host site in preparation for annual U.S. Amazon VGF July 4th invasion. Phil Spencer and Shuhei Toshiba sent to moderate negotiations. 92 36 minutes ago
Street Fighter V - A Shadow Falls Story Trailer 64 36 minutes ago
What is wrong with some of these gamers who use twitch to stream? 12 51 minutes ago
Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Delayed After Serious Issues Reported 25 1 hour ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 49 1 hour ago
Would you buy a used car from Hillary Clinton? 54 1 hour ago
God of War 4 is going to be mediocre 11 1 hour ago
OT: Favorite War Movies? 74 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions