Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Biggest Gamer Pet Peves

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 2:24:31 PM PST
Mine is when people either talk about games and are comepletly incorrect, or they argue with me about any game. I mean, come now, who is the gamer here? For instance, as you can proabaly tell by my user name, LBP is my favorite game. A guy was trying to tell me that he has LBPK for his Wii. *Facepalm*

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:28:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 2:30:29 PM PST
I'm not a big fan when people use baseless pejoratives to attack a game's supposed shortcomings, instead of giving honest constructive criticism with well-thought out detail.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:31:43 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I hate how there's too many good games to play and my job doesn't include playing all these games.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:32:29 PM PST
When people automatically assume that E Rated games are only for kids. In addition, when people think Nintendo games are only for kids.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:33:51 PM PST
Really tired of hearing the N-word during public multi-player matches in Halo 4 and I'm not even black.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:40:32 PM PST
raul says:
When someone calls a game bad and they haven't played it

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:41:53 PM PST
KrisCo says:
13 year olds playing M rated games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 3:50:14 PM PST
This, this, and this. I don't understand why some people believe that a game without mindless gore can still be enjoyed by adults. As to the Nintendo thing, the Zelda game that looks like it's the most kid-friendly(WW) wound up having the most hardcore Link. Don't believe me? As Gannon with the sword that was driven through his forehead.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:09:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 4:10:18 PM PST
Ham Salad says:
I have one related to games themselves. If its a game I like, I can be quite the completionist. So I hate games that have hidden bonuses that you get locked out of if you don't don't do something exactly right at certain points of the game, yet these bonuses are only available by means so completely counter-intuitive that you have to look at a guide to be able to unlock them.

The most egregious example was a Final Fantasy game (I want to say XII but I forget the exact one) where you have to leave a few different treasure chests in completely different areas UNOPENED in order to get the best weapon. I mean what kind of POS makes a game that encourages NOT exploring and NOT opening treasure chests when they appear?

I was so annoyed after I found that out, especially after putting so many hours into that game that I really didn't want to start over.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:55:34 PM PST
Need original game case, cover art, manual, and game disc. If you are missing one of these items, no good.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:03:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:13:06 PM PST
People who say this game is overrated or that game sucks and don't have a valid reason why.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:04:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:04:38 PM PST
DVvM says:
Is "I played it and I didn't have fun" a valid reason for disliking a game?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:04:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:05:32 PM PST
Really sick of gamers. There I said it. They're such an annoying and needy bunch aren't they?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:07:25 PM PST
TimesTicking says:
People who say this game is better because IGN gave it a better score than that game...

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:11:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:11:36 PM PST
Or when people say, "Video games rot your brain."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:16:36 PM PST
It's more like when people say "This game sucks!" and that's it. They give no reason as to why that game sucks other then that's what they think.

If you didn't have fun playing a game, then I can understand that, some games aren't fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:21:32 PM PST
FOGE says:
Yes. Perfectly acceptable to say I don't like X game. Saying X game sucks when it's critically/commercially received is not as acceptable.

This is one of my pet peeves as well

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:20:48 PM PST
Anbody else notice how terrible Greg Miller's reviews have been lately? He gave LBP Vita the score he did because he is too lazy to figure out how to create. Same thing with LBP Karting. I havent played it yet, but I know it doesnt deserve a 5.0.

EDIT: Think of it this way: Modnation Racers: Roadtrip got a better score than LBPK. How is that even possible? He spent more time comparing it to modnation then he did reviewing it. Shameful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:23:19 PM PST
vishock says:
this is why i love my headset and it's game/voice control knob. makes it extremely easy to tune out everyone when im soloing h4 or blops2

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:17:37 PM PST
K Archer says:
Ugh...I have a few...

People who play music/can't go two words without cursing/insult others with stuff that has nothing to do with the game/go over-the-top with the trash taking...and so on...in an MP game
Kids playing M-rated games, especially those who try to "act tough" (cursing, insults, etc) (note: I don't have anything against those who are mature enough to play online...most are not.)
Rage Quitters/Stat Padders/Cheaters/Hackers (come on...stop trying to ruin the game for everyone else)
Fanboys (seriously, stop. Doesn't matter what you are a fanboy of, just stop)
Guys who can't understand why a girl games...and get even worse when they're beaten by said girl.
CoD players in other shooters...sorry, but just because you've prestiged 5 times does not mean you will be able to get even one kill in another game. You have to start from the beginning and learn the game, not complain that the game is trash because you suck at shooters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:27:10 PM PST
Disappearing blocks in Mega Man. Despise those things.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions