Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PSP Vibrant Blue - Japanese vs American

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 6:33:01 AM PST
acolyte says:
Hello, I'm new to PSP, and am looking to purchase one.
I discussed it with my friend who recently bought a Vibrant Blue imported from Japan.
I also tried to look online - and was looking at several US people selling their Invizimals edition.
My question is - is there any difference - physical (e.g. colors) or not - other than the region locking - between the Japanese (Carnival Colors) edition and the American (Invizimals) edition?

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:34:59 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:35:31 AM PST
acolyte says:
It would be helpful if the answer does not stray from the question. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:41:56 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:24:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 7:26:51 AM PST
acolyte says:
Unfortunately, I do not wish to purchase PSP Go. It is very inconvenient for my use.
If you wish to advertise the console, use some other thread.
I see that you've been trolling several threads as well. Please spare my question thread from it.
I've only seen mostly negative reviews for it.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:28:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 7:28:42 AM PST
The US PlayStation blog refers to the Invizimals bundle as including a vibrant blue PSP.

http://us.playstation.com/psp/systems/invizimals.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:52:47 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:56:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 7:57:15 AM PST
acolyte says:
I don't understand why do you insist trolling my thread. This is already your third post and it never answered my primary question.
I do not understand why do you wish me to provide you with negative comments, given that you kept on trolling this thread.
And I have a Sony NEX, a 3DS, Samsung Galaxy, and Alienware m11x. I don't think I need to be lectured about portability.
I beg you to select another thread to troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:58:53 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I am not trolling, if anything maybe your OP was trolling because you seem to not want anyone to answer your question.
I am giving you the best advice possible for your PSP purchase. Why are you rejecting honest and helpful advice? I think I know the answer, you came here to troll honest PSP fans.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:01:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 8:04:19 AM PST
acolyte says:
I have decided on my PSP system purchase and am considering selecting between the Japanese and American version of the Vibrant blue.
You do not know the answer to my question, you do not wish to answer my question, and you are not giving helpful advice.
I do not understand why do you insist to troll me.
Jason above has attempted to answer my question within 1 post. Yet you provide me with 4 posts without giving any answer to my original question.
Tell me what else is it called if not trolling.
I will repost another thread later asking the same question and I beg you to not troll that thread. This thread has been cluttered with your trolling and I don't feel like anyone is going to bother answering a thread anymore filled with trolling.
And I have seen your other posts to draw conclusions from.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:04:51 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I think you need to enhance your calm.

There is no trolling going on here. I am simply telling you that your original choice was a bad one and you might want to consider the PSP GO.
I guess the most portable, convenient and luxurious PSP experience is not for you.

But instead of being a human being about this you come out and start name calling...
I don't understand your attitude in this thread. Do you always lash out at people when they are trying to give you helpful advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:05:38 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I look forward to this future thread and I will be sure to share my opinion in that one as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:09:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 8:16:03 AM PST
acolyte says:
I see, so you insist to be a troll.
I don't see where I am not calm. And trolling is not name calling. It is a phrase to define such posters, as you have just defined yourself to be with your last post. " I look forward to this future thread and I will be sure to share my opinion in that one as well. "
If you wish to give me helpful advice. Please find out the differences between the Japanese and American version of the Vibrant Blue PSP.
And for the umpteenth time I shall say - I have decided to purchase the Vibrant Blue PSP, do not wish to purchase the PSP Go, and have researched over years, and have decided.
No thank you for your unhelpful advices and trolling.

(Or at least try to not sound like a troll in your other posts so I do not have to treat your posts as one?)

Also, notice that your first post has been filtered out. I think that speaks for itself.

EDIT: Though it's anonymous, I find it interesting that one person marked the original post as not 'adds to the discussion'.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:12:04 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Ok acolyte, I now see what is going on here. You are trolling me. You are nothing but a troll yourself and you get your kicks from calling others trolls.
I am sorry you reject helpful advice, but since you were trolling from the beginning I guess that was your plan all along.
You reject the best advice and call the poster a troll. Good on you friend.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:36:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 8:38:43 AM PST
"I am simply telling you that your original choice was a bad one and you might want to consider the PSP GO."

Friendly advice, stop telling people their opinions/choices are wrong. You will get more bees with honey than with vinegar. :)

Acolyte, hopefully somebody can answer your question. I apologize on behalf of the Amazon VGF. I do not know enough about the PSP to answer the question directly. Good luck with your puchase and enjoy. The PSP is a great little system, well worth the money. The game lineup is very strong. Happy holidays. :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:08:59 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
To the OP, I'm pretty sure that the only difference among all PSP-3000s is the color and region coding.

Pick the color you like that's the price you want to pay and just go with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:12:23 AM PST
He's asking if the US Vibrant Blue PSP is the same shade of blue as the Japanese version. i.e. he is trying to make sure he gets the exact color he likes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:16:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:17:25 AM PST
Acolyte,

To answer your question, I would go with the PSP Go as your best and most logical choice. As far as getting one in Vibrant Blue, I can't help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:16:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:18:13 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
What's weird is that's how I read it earlier today and didn't reply and then again after the whole Oskar thing I must've gotten confused.

As to the question, what are the odds that Sony has multiple shades of blue produced out of the same factory? Has a better chance or ordering the same model as his buddy and getting a slightly different color due to lot variance.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:22:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:24:53 AM PST
The Japanese PSP will have the X and O buttons switched in terms of function, but that's the only difference that I know of between the two Vibrant Blue systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:27:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:27:26 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
That's the thing that kills me going back and forth between the Wii/3DS and the PS3.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:35:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:42:08 AM PST
acolyte says:
Thanks for the helpful replies!
I think the consensus is it doesn't matter much whether I got the Japanese or American version of the Vibrant Blue.
As regarding the shades of color, the Japanese version do have two different shades of blue - the Vibrant Blue which is the shiny color, and PSP Slim Metallic Blue which is more like the normal blue color.
It's called Vibrant Blue in both the Japanese and American version, but the reason I doubt the similarity is others like the KH version, the Japanese one has the KH pictures on the back while the American one is a normal Mystic Silver.
(Both of them are labeled PSP-3000 though so I assume that they're the same hardware wise)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:38:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:38:27 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:28:40 AM PST
Agreed....PSP Go is easily the superior choice in this discussion....I'm still wondering why the Vibrant Blue one was even brought up....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions