Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Nintendo charges $0.50 to register minors on Nintendo Network?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:50:36 PM PST
I don't care, so much so, I didn't even put you on ignore. You're more devils advocate than troll at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:54:28 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Except in this scenario "Holli Gennaro-San" and I are 2 different people who happen to enjoy the Die Hard fiction.

But go ahead and think us the same person, who really cares? Not this guy.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:40:44 PM PST
See, this is a good example: What if a guy created multiple forum accounts using a popular action movie from the 90s? Sure, we can ignore one, but then he creates another. And another. We can keep ignoring the posts, but we still have to inconvenience ourselves by spotting the offender's change in name over and over again. It's problematic, even with a given solution.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:18:59 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 17, 2013 7:52:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:16:27 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
It's the same concept used for the purpose of arguing, but you're right not the exact same thing.

And yes, viewing and hearing are the same thing. Your brain still registers it. Are you any less offended if I call you a moron here as opposed to hearing it in my seductive voice over game chat?

PS - Xbox has a feature where you can turn off game chat coming from your speakers. I'm sure PS has the same toggle. But you probably already knew that and are going to mention it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:03:12 PM PST
Because having to click ignore once and never see that poster's remarks again is the same thing as having to constantly mute people during an online game right? And also posting words on an online forum is the same thing as racial slurs and other insults which typically come pouring through my headset or from my TV's speakers right?

So I take back the remark about you being a clever girl, even if it was just sarcasm.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:53:07 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Wait...you're saying everyone knows this function exists???

But still find it necessary to complain every time a Halo or COD comes out saying that they are subjected to racial and gender based slurs through in game chat?

While we're at it, why don't we start complaining about the trolls here that post hurtful remarks. Sure, we have them all blocked and can't see their posts, but by golly they exist!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:46:35 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
If I am this Holly or not I don't see this as conversing with myself.

It's OK, there has to be at least 1 dull tool in the shed for that old saying to be valid...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:14:24 PM PST
Pointing out a solution? As if people don't realize games already feature a mute option...

Well aren't you a clever girl.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:00:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:01:04 PM PST
K Archer says:
I am so glad this forum has its own mute button

EDIT: And of course I get ninja'd

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:55:11 PM PST
Wait, this is another one of those Die Hard minions. No wonder they like online trolls. I'm mad at myself for participating in this. Time to use the forum mute button.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:51:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:53:33 PM PST
DVvM says:
I think this is pretty great. They're keeping minors out without parental permission (unless the kid is savvy enough to claim to be 27 from the very beginning.)

I mean, in theory the kid either has to be sufficiently mature that his or her parents trust him or her with a credit card, or the parent is overseeing the process (in which case they waive the charge with the parental PIN.)

Every other non-adult else can just stay off my online game network.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:50:34 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Okay Holly.
>>"I'm not Holly"
Yes, you're all the Die Hard characters.
>>"No I'm not. It's a coincidence."

See, I can have conversations with myself too.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:45:20 PM PST
Everyone knows the solution. Doesn't mean we dismiss the problem, especially when to solve the problem, we have to be subjected to it repeatedly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:44:36 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Well color me defeated with this overly broad statement!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:43:34 PM PST
M Lewis says:
I think the charge is really just so they can say the minor had a guardian's permission to be online. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some reference to it in one of their user agreements.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:42:58 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:40:58 PM PST
Wait, were you trolling? If so, impressive sir!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:22:25 PM PST
You mocked those of us who have an issue with this kind of language, suggested that you're a better person because you just game and have fun, and then you're telling us how we should be dealing with the problem...

So you're not exactly complaining you're just pushing your views on other people instead of accepting the fact that not everyone wants to hear crap like that. Because that is so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:13:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:14:08 PM PST
Soulshine says:
When "critical dialogue" turns into you vs. everyone else, please consider the possiblity that everyone else is right.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:05:37 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Why would I quit? I am attempting to have a critical dialogue with people here and it has been most worthwhile (excluding your comment which does little to tie into the argument)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:04:21 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
I'd wish you a Happy Thanksgiving as well but I don't condone the acts of our ancestors who destroyed the indigenous populations out of malice. However, I will say I hope your family time and big meal is extra special this Thursday!

The ignorance in your comments goes to show you are the type of person that has relegated me to the use of party chat for years.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:02:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:02:52 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I'm all about making it tough for people's children to play video games.

But simply charging the parent .50 so they can get their babysitting machine to allow their obese air-conditioned 12 year olds online access doesn't seem like it's going to actually be effective.

Still, it's definitely a step in the right direction and I'm all for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:58:54 PM PST
Lat says:
You just don't know when to quit do you?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:44:10 PM PST
Thank you for teaching me about life, person who is probably 16. Thank you also for revealing through your apologist attitude that you're likely one of the people who's been muted. Happy Thanksgiving!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 231 2 minutes ago
Game sequels that you wanted to see that never made it... 65 4 minutes ago
Whatever Else May Happen, This is Will Always Be the Weekly Gaming Thread for July 25-29, 2016 30 16 minutes ago
OT: Dozens Killed in Mass Stabbing at Facility for the Disabled in Japan 3 18 minutes ago
Xbox Games With Gold For August 2016 9 20 minutes ago
Dead Rising is coming to PS4, in addition to Xbox One and PC 6 23 minutes ago
OT: Obama's half brother is voting for Trump 40 37 minutes ago
Neverwinter - PS4 7 42 minutes ago
More Bad PR For Microsoft. What Caused the Recent Decline of Xbox Hardware Sales? 1 47 minutes ago
1986 NES review; The D-Pad is "a major handicap". Look at Sega Master System or Atari 7800 instead 35 53 minutes ago
Microsoft cuts Xbox One to $250 124 1 hour ago
Sony is the only one that lack any money making IP's 128 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions