Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Payday 2 headed to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC this summer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 11:38:41 AM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395555/payday-the-heist-2-sequel-coming-to-xbox-360/

Payday sequel makes it onto Xbox
Four-player co-op heist game set for release on consoles and PC

Stockholm studio Overkill has revealed that Payday 2 will be the first game in the series to be released on Xbox.

While the game's cult predecessor, Payday: The Heist, was a PS3 console exclusive (published by Sony Online Entertainment, while the PC version was published by Microsoft), Overkill has since been acquired by fellow Sweden based studio Starbreeze, giving the firm more options.

505 Games, now stepping in as publisher, is to release Payday 2 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC via Steam. Full release is due some time in the summer.

Check out our newly published Payday 2 preview.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 11:42:17 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I hope it's not brutally difficult like the first game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:42:52 AM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Do you have it on PC?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 11:49:57 AM PDT
Has 505 Games published ANYTHING worthwhile? I know whenever I see their name, I usually become very leery.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:50:16 AM PDT
new Tron says:
Yep

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:52:11 AM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
We should do this son!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 12:03:30 PM PDT
new Tron says:
For sure!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 12:06:30 PM PDT
Great news. The first one was amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 12:06:45 PM PDT
Why not? That's part of the joy of the game, at least in my opinion. You definitely feel like you earned your victory when you finally finish a heist and I love how difficult it can be especially compared to Left 4 Dead on normal which I just breeze through.

I will admit that No Mercy is way too freaking hard though on Pay Day. You spend far too much time waiting around and you don't nearly have enough ammo for that kind of a stand off.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 12:07:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 12:07:49 PM PDT
Horowitz says:
Payday was seriously underrated, though I did think it was a little overpriced when it initially released.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 2:25:04 PM PDT
new Tron says:
I have a hard time getting through heists on Easy mode.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:26:13 PM PDT
Prankster says:
I remember playing this with Foge, Kirk and another guy and it definitely wasn't easy. The enemies come at you in HUGE numbers from everywhere!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:29:06 PM PDT
Great. I wanted to play the first game so badly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 4:14:30 PM PDT
AJF says:
Yeah they published backbreaker and that WWII Bomber sim that i forgot the name of, I think its IL2 Stormvik or something, I liked both of them. tho I didn't buy them.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:16:07 PM PDT
is the ps3 version easier?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 4:19:57 PM PDT
Facelord says:
Cool, I enjoyed this on PS3(PS+) enough for me to want a sequel. If the Payday sequel performs better than the original(more anti-aliasing, better controls) I'll be all over it on day one.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 4:22:55 PM PDT
Facelord says:
Maybe, I didn't have trouble with any of the missions on the normal difficulty and I've only ever played with incompetent bots. Oh, another thing I hope they have on the PS3 sequel: split-screen co-op. It's just too hard to co-ordinate an online session, but playing it with my friend Josh on his massive projector screen is perfect. I'm disappointed there are so few local co-op games this generation, hopefully the power of the PS4 and next Xbox will give developers more legroom for stuff like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 4:32:32 PM PDT
Some of them were a challenge on Easy Mode which I rather liked, definitely makes me a better player when I feel like I'm constantly under pressure. I think the difficulty compounds if you have more people playing with you because I feel like I always had an easier time playing by myself.

I will say that I hope the sequel doesn't have nearly as much "Wait here for X amount of time" nonsense the first one has. I feel like the game is at its best when it has you running, gunning, and rushing to complete objectives like the one where you are having to run down the crowded street with cops rushing the whole area.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 6:16:13 PM PDT
Amen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:09:51 AM PDT
I was thinking this same thing. I only played it on PS3 and had no problems with the missions on normal too.

Split-Screen Co-op would be nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 4:21:38 PM PDT
I was that other guy for one of your games and I can attest it was ridiculous!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
PSN Sale: Old AC games $10, AC:BF $20, ex-THQ games like Redfaction for $5, BL1/BL2 $5 and more 11 48 seconds ago
OT: Autumn, the best season, has arrived 27 3 minutes ago
So, I broke the circle pad on my 3DS...again. 9 7 minutes ago
OT: HoneyMoons 26 7 minutes ago
Bloodborne looks incredible 32 13 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 3603 18 minutes ago
OT: Third Boob is FAKE 6 19 minutes ago
What is Riden (sp) 5? 5 19 minutes ago
OT: Anyone waiting for an invite to buy the One Plus One phone? 8 23 minutes ago
OT: Pedophiles and Christians use Free Ice Cream to Seduce Children 67 23 minutes ago
Lords of the Fallen is 900p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4 42 25 minutes ago
OT: I Just Saw Boyhood (No Spoilers) 19 25 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions