Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pata Pata Pata PON!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 7:59:09 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
PON Pon PATA PON!

Seriously what is it about this game that made me love it instantly? I never planned to own a PSP, so I just stuck this one in the "well I'll never play that one" file and moved on. I thought maybe it was tower defense or some sort of Loco Roco thing (another one I never played). Sampsonite? I WAS WAY OFF!

Turns out it's some kind of awesome. Sidescrolling rhythm RPG perhaps? It was free for Vita as part of the birthday promotion (maybe Plus only) and thank goodness for that. Otherwise I might have never known.

It has the RPG elements, but simplified. Combat is only *slightly* turn-based, as it depends on your skill in continuing the 4-beat patterns with your army. Difficulty ramps up appropriately (so far at least). Dialouge is quirky, the little fellas have personality. It's just really fun.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:01:08 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
I put this in the same category as Pokemon as a non portable gamer... where the eff is my home version?? Seriously, I want a home version. :(

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:01:20 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
The sequels only get better

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:05:58 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Any indication that they might make a Vita game? Or any future sequels at all?

I'm guessing 2 and 3 can be downloaded for the Vita.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:28:37 AM PDT
I had a big thing recently eat me whole army...

Haven't been back since... poor little guys ;)

That, and the husband making fun of me for tapping my foot in time while laying in bed playing... grr.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 8:30:07 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
the Patapon games are great. i enjoyed them a while back on the PSP

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:31:01 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
I bought Patapon 2 a while back on sale and for some reason never got to it. Now I have 1 and 2 in the backlog thanks to the annivesary giveaway.

First world problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 8:43:52 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
I lost all 3 of my axe/melee guys to the second dragon. Gobbled them right up!

I think it let me keep the equipment though, because I was able to move my one good helmet over to a spear guy on the next mission.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions