Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone playing Burnout: Most Wanted?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 66 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 8:19:59 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Need some impressions, how's it looking so far?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:30:39 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I think this game is going to seriously come down to your preference in a game i Have seen split reviews on this game. I tried the 60 minute trial the other day on the PS3 and I really enjoyed it that whole hour, its very much Burnout Paradise 2 though IMO and others. You dont get no money either you basically just find cars around the city and they have their own set of races to get them upgraded. Dont want to get too much more into it but driving took me a few minutes to test and diff cars will handle diff. If you can try the demo or rent it i would because like i said its going to come down to you and not what others might tell you IMO

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:34:11 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I've seen Emu playing it on LIVE.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:35:06 AM PST
I just don't get it, Burnout Paradise was epic. Why such the hate? Because it has NFS in the name?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:35:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:35:45 AM PST
I downloaded the trial than bought the game. I loved the controls and the races are intense once cops get involved. The game seems to have good challenge with no cheap rubber banding. The sense of speed is good especially during a Nos boost. Got caught up for like 45 mins trying to lose a level 5 heat rating than got busted but had fun the whole time. The multi is a little confusing but once everyone figured out what to do its fun.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:37:29 AM PST
Seems like a lot of the hate is Most Wanted fans who expected some sort of storyline.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:38:57 AM PST
Do you like having your senses assaulted, abused, tickled, and tintilated?

Are you someone who possesses genitals?

When playing Hot Pursuit, did you ever think to yourself, ''this would make a great open world, heavily connected racer?''

These are questions that everyone must ask honestly of themselves, regularly, and often.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:42:10 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I never liked any of the Burnout games, so that's why I'm wondering if I should still pass on this game all together...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:43:24 AM PST
Prankster says:
Is this where I come in and let everyone know how awesome it is to be a plus member since I get an hours trial of the full game?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:44:43 AM PST
Don't buy it, plain and simple. It's just like Paradise - a Burnout title.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:46:12 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I would highly agree with this observation, I had a ton of fun like i stated above, the sense of speed is pretty awesome and visually i think the game looks great. It has a lot of the same Burnout Qualities though. Even crazier i saw it was move capable with this thingPlayStation Move Racing Wheel which i have never seen before. did not get to try the multi though myself since i did not want the game digitally but its on my list to buy around black friday now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:01:51 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Well that's great for Burnout fans, not so much for Most Wanted fans though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:04:16 AM PST
That's why they should have called it Burnout: Street or something stupid like that. It would be rated 5 stars from everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:08:42 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yup, I wouldn't have a single bad thing to say about the game if that were the case. Oh well, I honestly started playing NFS The Run again, and I don't care what people think, that's a pretty solid racing game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:14:42 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
it does kind of Need For speed A criterion Game...LOL its better than NFS HP IMO already after only playing it for an hour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:15:31 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Have you tried multiplayer?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:27:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:37:21 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I surprisingly got to play a ton of this this weekend. Cars are a lot heavier than I remember in any previous Criterion title, even more so than in Hot Pursuit. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it took quite a bit of getting used to and makes for a lot less drifting. There's a big learning curve for escaping the police in this game, too. Unlike HP, you don't have equipment to fight back against the cops. You just have to use slick evasive driving, hit lots of jumps, and avoid crashing to keep them from catching up. It can be pretty frustrating in cars that don't handle well.

I really like the new upgrade system and autolog is implemented extremely well. Having to find hidden cars in order to unlock them is a little annoying, though. It's not that you'll ever run out, but it does mean that I still haven't unlocked the Ford Mustang after something like 10 hours of playtime. I haven't had a chance to play MP yet, because I was having issues maintaining a connection. Halo worked just fine later on in the evening, so I have to suspect the problem was server-side.

All-in-all, I think I like Hot Pursuit a bit better since it was a bit more action-y than a typical racer and I loved being able to play as the cops, but there's no doubt Most Wanted is a high quality game. While it is in many ways a spiritual successor to Burnout: Paradise, it is nowhere near as arcadey in its physics or mechanics. It very much feels like that blend of realism and arcade that the NFS name is known for, not a drift-heavy takedown-fest like Burnout.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:33:45 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That's a good honest review Emu... I'm kind of regretting trading in Hot Pursuit now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:13:28 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I did not get to try the MP since it was only an Hour so no help there, however In reference to emu's review i found it pretty easy to drift in the few cars i had, I also like how the game lets you see your entire button configuration out.

I think HP MP was very fun I could not stand HP racing games where you could not get your car damaged very frustrating on some of those levels, the few races i got to play were fun such as a VS, a group race and a race where you had to reach a target of overall speed such as an average of 95MPH.

Marv you should rent it and see, i would honestly not go off others without at least trying it especially for this game

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:16:23 AM PST
Marvelous says:
yeah you're right, I'm low on cash, so I'm waiting for a used copy to show up at my local Gamestop. Since this game divided the gamer crowd in half, I would't be suprised if a used copy showed up by this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:17:31 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
To clarify, I didn't find it difficult simply to drift, but I was unable to consistently maintain the ridiculously unrealistic continuous drifts that were possible in NFS HP and Burnout games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:21:56 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
LOL i get you did not mean to sounds like i was putting your review down or anything.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:25:05 AM PST
I love the game. If it was named: Burnout Paradise 2, The average review would be 4.5/5 stars.

But because it has "Need for Speed" in the title, people will hate. A lot of these negative reviewers need to educate them selves on the Need for Speed Franchise. Criterion has taken it over. The developers of the older NFS games are gone. It is different. It's also 2012. Things change and anyone who has read what Criterion was doing the past 6 months would have known this wasn't going to be NFS: Most Wanted 2 sequel.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:29:06 AM PST
^^^^ Totally agree

Any PS3 users here that have the game can we exchanged PSN ID would like some VGF peeps on my speed wall.
My PSN:TWO1FIVE

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:08:51 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Criterion isn't the only studio to take over the NFS franchise though, it was intially handed over to Black Box - who on their first attempt with "Undercover", failed miserably - but I personally thought they made a nice attempt at expanding the franchise with NFS The Run.

I followed some of Most Wanted pre production, but I've been so wrapped up with other game titles, that it fell through the cracks. I just expected them to sort of follow suit, because Hot Pusuit really did resemble the previous HP games, and they even added new features that made for a great racing time.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  66
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions