Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: NFL Free Agency , Draft, and All other Moves 2013 Starts Today...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 9:06:52 AM PDT
WeScYdE says:
At 4pm Free agency will officially start so lets kick it off with the two trades that happened yesterday:

Ravens Trade Boldin to 49ers for 6th Round Pick
Vikings Trade Harvin to Seattle for 1st Round Pick

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:08:08 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
I though free agency started at midnight on the new league year. Did they change that?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:09:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 9:09:37 AM PDT
WeScYdE says:
Apparently i heard yesterady it starts at 4pm officially i think you can start negotiating contracts at midnight just signing starts at that time

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:10:17 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
I was just curious because ESPN hasn't been freaking out over any signings yet. I remember a few years ago they exploded at midnight with all the player moves going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:10:24 AM PDT
Seattle gave up a 1st and 7th this year and a conditional 3rd next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:11:06 AM PDT
WeScYdE says:
Plus they will have to give up a big contract too,

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:11:09 AM PDT
The Haynesworth 100 million deal to Washington was announced at midnight a couple of years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:14:50 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
I remember that. Thank god for the Redskins. Their awful spending sprees are the only thing that makes me feel better about the Cowboys choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:16:04 AM PDT
WeScYdE says:
that was one of the worst offseason Free Agency moves ever! Thats about as bad as paying 50mil for Jamarcus Russell, Almost!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:17:09 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
didnt the giants already sign somebody the other day?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:19:03 AM PDT
They can agree on offers, but can't sign until 4:00 today.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:20:36 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
ahh, that makes sense. stupid, but makes sense.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:25:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 9:25:32 AM PDT
That's when the new league year starts, like a fiscal year but in football. If they agreed and signed before 4:00, it would be considered tampering because technically the player would then be the property of 2 separate teams.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:25:34 AM PDT
Lol, baseball is America's favorite pass time....NOT. Screw baseball, basketball, hockey and every other sport. GIMME FOOTBALL! American style, not that pansy ass FUTBOL junk.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:26:03 AM PDT
Baseball is the national pasttime, but football is national passion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:29:59 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
I would put Haynesworth above Russell, because there was no way to tell that Russell would be so bad coming out of college. He probably wasn't worth 50 million at any point, but no one could've expected him to be as bad as he was. Haynesworth had an NFL history of being a volatile player. I would link the curb-stomp he put on Andre Gurode (a cowboy incidentally), but I don't want to put anyone through seeing that again.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:47:44 AM PDT
Haynesworth was voted the worst FA signing ever by the NFL network...I agree, what a total waste and he was a complete dbag.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:50:30 AM PDT
DVvM says:
Remember, the first 48 hours (or so) of Free Agency are a contest of "Who overvalues this player by the most."

Pray your team of choice doesn't sign anybody before the weekend.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:51:11 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
I can't believe the Ravens let Boldin go to the 49ers... Look Flacco played well, but Boldin flat out made some crucial catches and IMHO was the most valuable player in the playoffs. Crazy move, IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:02:32 AM PDT
Movie Monkey says:
I heard this morning on the radio that is because the NFL sent out a memo teams that if there were any free agent signing "leaks" they could be penalized draft picks.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 10:12:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 10:34:08 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Keller: Tough move, but as a Ravens fan I'm OK with it. They are losing Kruger likely the big sack pass rusher to CLE or IND for big money, Ed Reed, and possibly Ellerbe likely the heir apparent to Ray Lewis' MLB spot, 7M a year for a receiver is a huge amount for a slot receiver. I think they may be able to keep Ellerbe & Reed now that Boldin left. To me that is more important than Boldin, trying to repair the D after Ray Lewis' departure.

That SB isn't won without Boldin. He made an amazing catch to continue the drive. He was so strong, great hands, and really an elite TE playing WR in the slot. Boldin can't complain, he went from the best team in football, to next years best team in football. I'm surprised the Ravens couldn't get more compensation for him.

However, Joe still has Torrey Smith, Pitta (he'll take a lot of those Boldin passes), Jacoby DWTS Jones, Ray Rice, Ed Dixon (Oregon TE that was actually picked a round before Pitta same year and has been hurt). Ravens always do next man up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:22:08 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
Getting a sixth rounder for him was pretty much acknowledgement that they were going to let him walk anyways. Might as well get a tiny compensation than nothing at all.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 10:22:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 10:22:41 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Anyone gonna open up the brinks truck for Revis Island ? As well giving up half the draft as compensation ? Coming off a devastating knee operation he expects to be the highest defensive paid player in the game ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:26:12 AM PDT
ninja'd

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1G8ALHY67EA2W#Mx3OORFCYQR67J5

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 10:51:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 10:51:57 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
I do think the Ravens maintain control of the division. I just don't trust the Bengals and the Steelers have many holes to fill. Way to early to start picking next year's SB winner, but the 49ers are going from great to greater.

I also think the Pats need to keep Welker. He is simply too reliable not to have on the team.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions