Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Will/should the next gen Xbox let you import your Xbox 360 live account?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:33:42 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:47:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:47:38 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I never get tired of seeing that video. It's so cute when his sister starts chanting yes along with him, and then when he opens the other gift and says "Nintendo 64 remote control car."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:14:35 PM PST
Well if I wanted to play Xbox 360 games why would I get a next gen Xbox?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:30:57 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Of course you're the first one to respond to a Xbox thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:25:18 AM PST
Haha, probably a shorter time than that. It's not like my gamerscore is a moving target. I don't even remember the last time I plugged in my 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:28:58 AM PST
I felt the same way about the Rayman demo. That said, if it came out on another platform without the Wii-U specfic levels I would definitely buy it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:31:40 AM PST
Some people like backwards compatibility and would like to be able to store their 360, I'm sure. I mean, I'd certainly rather have as few consoles as possible out at any given time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:17:30 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
IF I buy the nextbox, then yes, I would like to be able to import my gamertag and achievements.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:50:49 AM PST
waxc3 says:
yep. it will carry over for sure.
as will achieves and all that stuff im 99% sure (and 101% hopeful) :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:53:48 AM PST
Why is this even a question? Gamertags carried over from the original Xbox to the 360, PC, Windows phone and Windows 8. Why would they not carry over to the next Xbox?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:56:43 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I have full expectations that my 360 XBLA digital purchaes will be playable on the NextBox and transferable at no extra charge.

If that is not the case, i do not see myself spending another dime on XBLA (which i've cautiously already subsided), let alone being an early adopter for the new platform.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:08:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:09:30 AM PST
"Why is this even a question? Gamertags carried over from the original Xbox to the 360, PC, Windows phone and Windows 8. Why would they not carry over to the next Xbox?"

Exactly.

I'm actually more interested in knowing how Sony is going to handle the conversion now that they, apparently, won't be using the Cell processor for their next console. What will happen to all those PSN games? Will they be emulated?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:12:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:15:30 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
That becomes a big problem, the architecture change. How receptive will consumers be? They seemed to get over the double dips and getting BC taken away in a matter of years though with the PS3.

We have no conclusive info whether MS is sticking to the same architecture, but logic points to that being ideal move since they have not only XBLA, but Games on Demand system to continue to sell 360 games long after they are out of print...most of which are HD already and don't need investments made for a visual overhaul.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa418ae4c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions