Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 626-650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:29:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 12:31:07 AM PST
Two of the original group now dead T-Dog and Lori, while T-Dog will be missed you know that Lori's death is going to have unforeseen consequences with Rick's state of mind regardless if the baby and his son survived.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:17:48 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
I think he's in for a downward spiral. Resentment that the kid is alive and lori's not, how their relationship ended is going to cause him to crack, the one person he could count on from his former life is gone, and now he has the sole responsibility for Carl and this new baby, not to mention the rest of the group.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:59:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:00:28 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, what an action packed episode. It's a shame that Lori got killed, because I wanted to see a half-naked chick walking around with her guts hanging out of her open c-section wound. I really wish they would have explained how this prisoner who was holed up in jail and hasn't had the skills that Rick and the others have cultivated managed to survive being locked in a courtyard with all those zombies and even escape then formulate this master plan to exact revenge on Rick's group.

And it worked out pretty damn well seeing as Rick is now down two more people, although if they bring the prisoners into the group, then they have the same amount of manpower.

T-Dawg went out a hero though. Much respect! *pours 40 on a curb*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:31:31 AM PST
User says:
axle is the little white guy with the mustace. oscar is the big guy.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0348529/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:25:44 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:40 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:44:48 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The one thing that I really can't figure out though, is what is the point? In the world that they are in, why even try to survive? Just eat a bullet and be done with it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:52:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 6:52:41 AM PST
So did Carol make it or not? There was so much going on I didnt catch if they had found her body.

Hell of an episode though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:53:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That was the one with the cancer scarf right? The last they showed of her, she was running past T-Dawg.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:54:22 AM PST
Yeah but hey found her scarf and I think they presumed that she didnt make it. I dont know I was still in shock over Lori.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:55:56 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I don't understand how the dummy prisoner that ran into the yard full of walkers was able to:

survive that (from last episode), scheme up a nice little plan, get some gas and a deer carcas, lure those walkers away from the fence to open the gate (and then lure them back through the gate), figure out how to power up the generator and sound the alarm, and successfully move a giant herd of zombies right onto Rick's group. All that without any real survival skills or advanced knowledge of how these walkers operate. But then he's back to being dumb enough to just hang out by his generator and get shot.

Of course T-Dog, with his years(?) of zombie killing experience, gets snuck up on and bit in the neck by a lone walker.

And they found Carol's head-wrap, but I thought she got through the door. They didn't show her die or anything, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:57:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 6:58:01 AM PST
Ice King says:
No, they didn't find her body, but everyone knows that a level 40-ish Carol drops a cancer scarf when defeated so they know she's dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:59:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 7:01:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I missed them finding her scarf.

Wait, is that what Rick picked up next to T-Dawg's body? If so, that means she would have had to come back because she walked out the door with the cancer scarf on her head.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:00:33 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Because killing zombies is fun. I'd want to live during that. Yeah, it'd be terrifying and hard at times, but some fun would be had.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:01:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 7:05:31 AM PST
Ice King says:
There's always the hope that things can be fixed.

Although after seeing how people handle things during this I probably wouldn't want to be part of society either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:07:13 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I agree about Lori. I just never liked her character on the show. Especially when she ran off and flipped that car for no real reason. I guess most of her ditzyness was chalked up to having preggo brain. I did like her a bit more when she admitted to being a horrible wife and mother, but I was okay with her dying.

She's not the worst though. I still hate Andrea and her stupid face, and I think she's really dragging down Michonne's role on the show. At one point she went from being hateable to really sick and hateable, now she likes to flirt with the Governor and Merle.

Still love the show though.

I'm waiting to hear more about the Governor's daughter. He mentioned losing his wife before the walkers but made it sound like his daughter was on the settlement. They showed a family photo of the 3 of them a while ago. NO spoilers from the comic! Apparently there's a book about his backstory - separate from the comic, no pictures, just a book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:08:31 AM PST
Ice King says:
True, but that book is based on the comic version of The Governor so it's technically a comic discussion.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:09:41 AM PST
Nytmare says:
Though T-Dog was nowhere as cool as the character he replaced in the material not to be spoken of here, I had warmed up to him and it sucked to see him go. When the chaos broke down I wondered for a moment if he was going to get to have one of my favorite scenes from the source that shall not be mentioned, but alas, no such luck.

And I know many of you ignore Talking Dead, but it was cool to see the behind the scenes and the sendoff they gave IronE Singleton. From all accounts, it was a very emotional day of shooting when T-Dog bit it...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:13:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 7:14:20 AM PST
Ice King says:
I agree. T-Dog was actually starting to become a character on the show rather than just a background piece of scenery or some useless guy who stays behind with the women and children. It sucks to see him go.

And if the scene from the forbidden texts you're referring to is some kind of rampage in a correctional facility, it looks like Rick might be doing that next week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:17:51 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Fair enough - I'll stop tiptoeing around comic mentions.

This season is starting off great. I watched the first three all in a row on Friday to catch up for last night. Carl's a badass. If Merle is able to find Daryl that is going to be one awkward reunion. I almost hope he finds Rick first.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:20:24 AM PST
Ice King says:
I really hope Merle doesn't corrupt Darryl. He's become a great character, almost someone who would make a better leader than Rick. It would suck to see him go back to what he was in the beginning.

Although it seems possible that Merle might end up turning against The Governor and helping Rick's people. He didn't seem too happy when he couldn't go looking for his brother.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:28:15 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I don't see Merle forgiving Rick, and if he does then I can't see Rick trusting him at all. But now Merle's got more information than most people do - I could see him and Andrea going off to look for the group, and Michonne somehow left to fend for herself.

I think Darryl's a strong enough character that he wouldn't be corrupted by Merle - unless Carol dies. If he's dealing with that he might be vulnerable. I think it's more likely to see Darryl put in a position where he has to decide between killing Merle or leaving the prison.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:31:06 AM PST
Nytmare says:
Daryl has very much become a solid part of the group, and seems to have grown close to Rick over the months. He's one of the few people who seems to have enough pull with Rick to stand up to him and be listened to.

If Merle shows up expecting Daryl to run off with him and abandon the group, I wonder how that will turn out... I'd be shocked to see Daryl leave the group... Though after writing this, it wouldn't surprise me for him to go, but turn on Merle if/when the group is placed in danger by Merle or the Gov...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:32:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 7:33:37 AM PST
Ice King says:
I think if Merle does end up helping the group, it will be more for Darryl's sake than Rick's. As bad as Merle is, he clearly cares for his brother (unless he's lying and just wants to find Rick for revenge) so if he sees that Darryl is in danger he would do what he could to save him even if it meant helping someone he hates.
And I also think he'll end up sacrificing himself to take out The Governor so the issue of Merle and Rick needing to get along after this will be moot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:34:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Daryl was friggin brutal looking last night when he was sneaking up on that tall, prison dude who had Rick's gun. He was so Solid Snake right there with his stance and everything. I would have loved to see him follow through there, and I don't even think the guy with Rick's gun even saw him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:34:40 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Carl just kind of creeps me out. No lie. I guess it'd be hard not to turn out creepy being raised during the zombie apocalypse, but yeah...he's creepy...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  165
Total posts:  3096
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions