Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Video games are too violent: another stupid fox article to annoy you...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 160 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:34:23 AM PST
JWK says:
#4 on the list is Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified. I think they're onto something here. I blame all of societies ills on BAD video games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:36:12 AM PST
You did something there, and I saw it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:37:10 AM PST
Good point. This ultimately reinforces the disturbing truth: no matter what, people will blame everyone and everything except the person responsible.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:38:24 AM PST
Oh of course. There always has to be something else besides them.

My favorite so far is "We need to teach more religion in schools, it will cause less problems"

First of all I call BS on that, second of all, they didn't mean more religion, they meant Christianity specifically. Which in the end I think would cause more problems than solve.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:39:45 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
How does learning about Christianity cause more problems?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:40:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:46:23 AM PST
Ice King says:
This is why it annoys me when people say something like
"remember the days when people were held responsible for their actions?"

The answer is no, I don't think those days ever existed. If it was comic books it was rock and roll. And before that it communists. Even further back it was witchcraft.
Nothing has ever been anyone's fault.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:41:05 AM PST
FOGE says:
Would you like to know more?

Please watch the South Park episode Go God Go! Parts 1 and 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:41:59 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
At the turn of the 20th century it was novels. That's right. Novels.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:43:03 AM PST
Personally, I think Christianity teaches good morals, but that's neither here nor there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:43:35 AM PST
Yep. South Park. That's where I'm gonna go for my theological commentary.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:11 AM PST
SMH says:
TBH, violent video games, movies, etc. all probably DO contribute in some small way to these things. I mean, it comes up every time, and every time the reaction here is "OMG, these guys are so stupid!" Maybe we are the stupid ones, because it surely keeps happening, and the correlation always seems to be there. Sure, video games might not contribute, but we can't really prove it one way or the other. How desensitized to violence can someone become by shooting/killing people all day in CoD, or watching violent movies? I don't know the answer, do you? I don't think tv/movies/video games will turn a sane person crazy, but they might have some kind of effect on an already crazy person, which I think we can all agree that these psychopaths are.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:46:37 AM PST
Well, there are clearly things (video games, movies, books, etc) that will influence peoples' behavior. That can't be denied. But to outright blame the thing, rather than the person, is false. If anything, the blame should be divided between the person and the thing, with the inanimate thing receiving less of the blame.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:46:38 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
South Park is a fictional show. I don't usually get into religious debates but you sound like a jerk. I think if people learned more religious values in schools, society would be better overall.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:46:46 AM PST
Ice King says:
Christianity does, Christians don't always.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:48:34 AM PST
Ice King says:
I disagree. I think if religion was taught in schools, the crazy people would just kill everyone in a religious based way.

It doesn't matter what they're exposed to, a psychopath will always be a psychopath.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:50:31 AM PST
Good point. The messenger often gives a faulty interpretation of the message.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:50:38 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Though we do appear to have more psychopaths. Personally, I blame the fluoride in the drinking water.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:51:29 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
Not true. What about "thou shall not kill"? How many lives would be saved if the principle was taught in schools?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:51:46 AM PST
YES! And the Shadow People!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:38 AM PST
SMH says:
You know - this isn't really a principle that should need to be taught. A toddler could tell you that killing is wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:42 AM PST
Ice King says:
Religious fanatics have been coming up with ways around that "thou shall not kill" rule for centuries.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:54:04 AM PST
It doesn't matter. God's law was rejected time and time again throughout scripture. Yet, the scriptures say that "His mercies are new every morning" and that applies even to murderers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:54:09 AM PST
FOGE says:
Surprisingly, its not the worst spot as long as you take it with a grain of salt.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:55:41 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
The rule is still there. The reason people do not want it taught in schools is because it won't allow the military to get people to go to war.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:56:46 AM PST
...ya, or...something like that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  160
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions