Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U game pad only has charge for 3-5 hours long?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 146 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:31:53 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
He did say once that he absolutely hated Sony for how awesome they are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:33:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:35:28 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Is it smart to compare charge capacity of a mobile device vs a home device?

Hint: At home charge capacity isn't as important because I have access to outlets more readily than when I am on the road. Something like the iPad needs a great battery because when I fly to LA, I don't have charge access for 5 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:33:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:33:55 AM PST
Lucanus says:
This to a T. Well stated my friend.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:41:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:45:59 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Again, I've told N fans numerous times on other boards. While Nintendo may have the most powerful console out there CURRENTLY, if the other consoles come out and are significantly more powerful you won't be able defend yourselves when Xbots and Sonymites begin to cajole, tease and mock you. However the same goes for everyone else, anonymity is an issue online, but you still don't get to say something and not bear the consequences later on.

What you say simply doesn't drop out of existence 7 days later, so if you've built a reputation then you must be willing to deal with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:45:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:45:42 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I agree. I haven't been Nintendo crazy fanboy for a while now (I dropped the act), but I am still branded as such. There is only one person to blame for my rep.... that would be me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:47:18 AM PST
The big thing is you admit that you were one, the Dougs and Flores' of the world think that they are just speaking "facts" that we all should just know and agree with.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:51:50 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
The funny thing is, that approach might actually be more successful if they were willing to exchange ideas instead of brazenly imposing them upon others. Then instantly going deaf when others speak.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:56:18 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Lol, it has 4x the RAM, and 2x the graphical power.

It's not that much more, but significant for console. When the PS4/720 are released, it will put the Wii U specs to shame. My current gaming PC puts the Wii U to shame 10 fold. So I don't care in all reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:04:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:05:07 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
The RAM, yes (even though it's 1 GB for games, 1 for system software), the graphical power ... no one really knows for sure.

The architecture sounds interesting though, basically a gpu with a cpu hanging off of it, with a large amount of cache. The exact way in which the cpu and gpu communicate won't be known until it's released, but it was designed by Ninty/IBM to eliminate cpu bottlenecking.

If the next ps4/720 want to remain competitive, and they do, they are not coming out with wallet busting consoles again. They can cram more goodies inside by not having the gamepad cost, but admittedly, Nintendo is selling the U at a loss.

It looks like a nice system, and I'm really curious to see the games coming out that aren't rushed ports based on ps3/360 coding.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:06:33 AM PST
Flores can definitely add to a conversation, as long as it's about Sony things or non-gaming things. Doug is occasionally okay in pro-Sony conversations as well.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:09:06 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
PC gamers always sound the most unhappy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:11:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:13:22 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It's going to be huge for the U and it's first party games, that's for sure. Also we will have developers with some interest in releasing AAA titles on it now as well.

Again, back in 2004, technology was at a much different place than it is today. Bluray was expensive, RAM was expensive, etc etc. It's not the case these days. Hell, Sony has the super slim 12GB for 149.99 on the market. So they can definitely beef up the next gen consoles with maintaining a decent price point.

Regardless, the PS4/720 will be more powerful than the Wii U. Just by how much though..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:14:48 AM PST
Unhappy that consoles are sub-par? Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:17:31 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
*snort* click click.... click click click *wheeze* ... these guys don't know how l337 my mouse pointer skillz are ... MOM WHERE'S MY GODAM MT DEW!? *sweats profusely*

Haha, no but really.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:19:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:23:20 AM PST
Sure I have and no I didnt plan on listing them today. But what a joke....I'm the one with the attitude and am the jackass according to you yet youre the one calling names...ok

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:20:14 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
It sounds like an awesome TV. I actually think that in a lot of cases most of us are bored at work when we come on here so we all troll to some extent from time to time. We are all also biased about console preferences but it makes perfect sense because we all have cars we prefer, foods we prefer etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:20:25 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
That's actually the typical 12 year old COD player on 360, but replace the clicking with screaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:21:19 AM PST
Im oversensitive? LOL...youre the one complaining about my nasty attitude and nasty remarks to which I have not said anything nasty or rude.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:22:57 AM PST
You poor thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:23:27 AM PST
I like this new "Poor Doug, I'm such a victim" thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:24:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:28:10 AM PST
again, youre missing the point (intentionally?) because I dont think youre [that] dumb. but just stop being overly sensitive

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:25:07 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
True dat sista, or a person yelling at you in a strange, exotic language. Like French, or Mexican.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:26:10 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Mexican? Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:27:26 AM PST
the Punk of old...call people names and then say they are the ones being a jerk and insensitive to his feelings...lolz

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:29:31 AM PST
Sensitive about what? I can actually have a pleasant conversation with people that don't involve Sony love. None of this stuff bothers me at all, I sure wouldn't you know, change my name to 42% to poke fun at Xbox owners or come into a thread about a console that I don't own or want to tell everyone how bad it is.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  146
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions