Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: top 5 movies you love, that went unoticed or unrecognized by popular opinion/social media...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 250 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 6:46:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:16:26 AM PST
Finder's Fee-moral flick involving four buddies, a poker game, and lottery tickets.

Sukiyaki Western Django-Stylized Japanese "Western" loosely based on the Heike/Genji fued in pre-fuedal Japan, directed by Takeshi Miike

Poolhall Junkies-partially funded by, starring, and directed by Mars Callahan. Some good cameos, good "hustle" moments.

The Sunset Limited-philisophical flick about two guys arguing the existance of God, based on a book by Cormac McCarthy.

Suicide Kings-Strong cast, mob/ransom plot

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:56:38 AM PST
DubsFam says:
1. Grandmas Boy - this is one of the funiiest movies ever. If you like video games and pot humor and bathroom humor, this is for you!

2. I love you Phillip Morris - This is the Gay comedy(literally) with Jim Carrey and Ewan Mcgregor, allegedly based on a true story. I laughed my butt off many times during this flick

3. Booty Call, this is the movie from the early 90's with Jamie Foxx, this movie is hilarious and I have probably watched it too many times LOL

4. The Spirit, I actually found this movie to be incredibly entertaining and the visuals rock.

5.All about the Benjamins - this movie has Mike Epps at the pinnacle of hir career, Ice Cube and him play off each other so well in this movie, and Eva Mendes is in it too

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:04:58 AM PST
FOGE says:
1. In Bruges

2. Equilibrium

3. Thank You For Smoking

4. Layer Cake

5. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:06:41 AM PST
thanks for adding descriptions. I've seen some of these. Good list.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:07:08 AM PST
AH! Equilibrium....I didn't think of that one. Nice!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:10:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thanks. I caught 5 minutes of it at a comic book store a long time ago. I bought it 20 minutes later. I am a huge fan of it.

I guess it was commercially successful in Europe. They didnt want to spend more money promoting it in America so they just put it out without promotion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:13:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:15:45 AM PST
The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Andersons best work, in my opinion, and Owen Wilsons best performance.

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang - Robert Downey, Jr. at his best, and Val Kilmers best work in the last decade.

Harsh Times - really loved Christian Bale in this role...and overall a very effective movie from start to finish that I find myself watching quite often.

The Fall - Tarsem put together a visually stunning film here, but anyone familiar with his work knew that would be the case. It was the performance of Catinca Untaru that was so innocent, genuine and brilliant rolled into the simple yet elegant story that made this film work for me.

Bronson - Tom Hardy is amazing in this film. This performance told me he would be the next great actor, and he seems to be making good on that so far. Brilliant, brutal, funny and dark all at the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:13:57 AM PST
Excellent list. I love all 5 of those movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:15:12 AM PST
Sukiyaki Western Django woul dhave been on my list had you not already mentioned it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:17:43 AM PST
:-D Took a chance on it at a Blockbuster a long while back (blockbuster?!??!? whats that??), bought it soon after. Loved it!!! Good cameo too of Mr. Tarentino.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:22:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:23:09 AM PST
The Hudsucker Proxy - Whenever I bring up this movie it seems like nobody has seen it. Come on people, it's freakin Coen brothers and it's amazing.

Stardust - This movie gives me the same kind of feelings as The Princess Bride and that's about as high as praise can get for this fantasy romantic comedy.

Cecil B. Demented - A film geeks stupid fun movie and the last time I remember seeing Stephen Dorff.

Matchstick Men - Every once in a while Nic Cage knocks it out of the park, this is one of those rare times

The Salton Sea - A great little film noir-ish story of revenge.

Black Snake Moan - I'd go into why it's great but I know to get you all to see it I just have to mention Christina Ricci gets all naked.

I know it's 6, F off.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:23:45 AM PST
DubsFam says:
The scene about the midget race war, is worth the price of admission alone, referring to In Bruges

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:23:48 AM PST
The Fall is an amazing movie, everyone should go see it.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:24:08 AM PST
Some I really like have already been mentioned

Thank You for Smoking
Poolhall Junkies

A couple of others I really like.....
Idiocracy - Directed by Mike Judge (Office Space) Shows what would happen to the world if only the dumbest people procreated....Brawndo - The Thirst Mutilator
Snatch - not sure if is not well received (everyone seems to love Pitt in it) It's a story about a stolen Diamond and a boxing promoter and the London criminal world.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:25:00 AM PST
new Tron says:
The Darjeeling Limited is such a beautiful and sad movie. Love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:25:21 AM PST
Snatch I think was pretty watched. At least I don't think I know anyone who hasn't seen it in my circle of friends.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:26:40 AM PST
new Tron says:
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans
The Fountain
Encounters at the End of the World
Melancholia

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:27:17 AM PST
Crimewave
If
Strange Brew
Dark City
Brazil

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:28:11 AM PST
new Tron says:
Arrghhh....I don't know how I forgot Brazil. That's one of my favorites.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:28:13 AM PST
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is underrated IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:28:15 AM PST
The Salton Sea is an excellent example of method acting from the entire cast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:29:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thanks G. Cates

Im a huge fan of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Fall. Ill have to check out the other three. I like those actors.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:29:23 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Moon
Idiocracy
Matchstick Men
Dark City
Stardust

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:29:58 AM PST
Time Bandits: Terry Gilliam flick with midgets in a ship travelling through time. I guess this has a cult following but I never really hear anyone mention it.

The Good, the Bad, and the Weird: Korean Western based on the Eastwood movie. One of the funnest action films I've seen.

Dear Zachary - this is literally the saddest movie I have ever seen. Its a documentary too. It needs to be seen but it is seriously depressing.

The Raid: Redemption - Holy crap. Best action evarrrr

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:30:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha yes it is!

"Well Im definitely fighting with the blacks if the Vietnamese are fighting with em!"
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  250
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions