Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Whos Getting Far Cry 3? What System

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 96 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:13:21 AM PST
I know... i'll get around to it some day... Just so busy with 50 other games atm. And soon Far Cry 3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:40:52 AM PST
You should play The Walking Dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:30:44 AM PST
As I said :3 all folks definitions of games are different.

I try to play games that don't have Dialog choices.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:46:00 AM PST
WesCyde says:
The only game I ever thought of being a true RPG is Final Fantasy type games. Then you have RPG elements in a lot of games, I mean i could make a case that COD is an RPG

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:35:35 AM PST
waxc3 says:
lol. love ya guys.
have a good weekend!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:17:10 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:11:06 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
You're right, it doesn't matter at all, I didn't mean to offend with my kit kat slogan.

FC3 looks like fun on a bun, regardless of how we want to look at it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:06:52 AM PST
waxc3 says:
does it even matter. its a lame arguement everytime.

maybe every game is an ACTION game because there was some movement involved and those are actions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:02:45 AM PST
Super R-Typ0 says:
You and everyone else.

Some people are trying way too hard to make 'rpg' a literal term.

''Any game where you are playing the role of a person''

Give me a break.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:57:19 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I consider every game that has choice for dialog RPG, other than that, nothing else applies for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:55:17 AM PST
Fair enough!

RPG just means something different in my head. When I think RPG i think Equipment, Stats, Spells, Skills, Leveling, EXP, Money, Cool monsters, hopefully a good story, stuff like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:51:17 AM PST
waxc3 says:
yup. and im okay with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:45:50 AM PST
By that definition. Nearly Every single game is an RPG.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:42:17 AM PST
waxc3 says:
"A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines."

so youre saying that by deciding to approach a mission in differecnt ways IS NOT decision making? hmmmm.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 7:18:15 AM PST
WesCyde says:
The knife scenes in that video were pretty awesome, a couple of those made me think of dishonored and the drop attack knife kills you could do. They looked very similiiar

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 7:12:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 7:12:41 AM PST
From what I can tell it won't be much luck borderlands. It's a free form Sandbox RPG while borderlands is half free-form half-linear. I would say It will be (hopefully) like Just Cause 2's Play style with Limited Skyrim Skill trees and Dead island loot/crafting system... am I close?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:39:53 AM PST
Lucanus says:
After getting Skryim and Bayonetta on the ps3, I will be going 360 for third party games from now on. Far Cry 3 sounds awesome. I can't wait. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:35:38 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Have you beat it yet?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:32:59 AM PST
Not played borderlands sorry.....

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:19:32 AM PST
Ramses F. says:
getting it for ps3

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:17:17 AM PST
WesCyde says:
So would you consider Far Cry 3 more like borderlands in how you can open up certain customization of your skill trees?

I saw the 10 Minute trailer yesterday and caved and pre-ordered it. It look just like too much fun. Thats the last video game anything until GTA5 and Dead Island Riptide in the Spring.

@Thurman- I would be very VERY suprised if this was free for PS+ members in 6-7 Months. Just cause 2 was pretty much out already for two years and thats the most comparable game to Far Cry i can think of on PS+

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:49:19 AM PST
Just Cause 2 is another good example of this, minus the Crafting and Skill trees.

Fun Sandbox game.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:12:44 AM PST
far cry 3 isn't an RPG - you don't have any choices like in skyrim/mass effect etc....you can approach missions in different ways like with the first crysis because it's open-world, but other than 3 skill trees, crafting and looting it (FC3) doesn't have any other RPG elements. it's a non-linear shooter with some customisation.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:02:45 AM PST
Honestly I never really considered Skyrim an RPG, much like i don't consider Zelda an RPG. Oblivion was more RPG than Skyrim... i suppose. Fallout is more RPG than skyrim is.

I am looking forward to some Far Cry 3! Still dunno if I would call it an RPG.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:54:48 AM PST
skyrim is a full RPG - but alot of "RPG veterans" or whatever see skyrim as fairly light on the RPG elements and more of just an open-world adventure game (where you level up abilities).

the same with the mass effect games - i see them more than anything as story-driven 3rd person shooters - but they're classed as RPG's. i guess anything where you level up abilities/specialize in certain areas or tactics is therefore an RPG or has RPG elements. crysis 2 with the levelling up on the finger-tips thing had abit, far cry 3 has quite a lot more with 3 full skill trees, and then skyrim has loads more with multiple skill trees.

skyrim also has conversations with (limited) choices - which far cry 3 does not. so.........skyrim is an adventure game which you can do in any order you want and has a lot more seperate branching quest lines than far cry 3, with loads of skill trees and conversations; an RPG but easy to navigate. far cry 3 is an open-world shooter with some RPG elements (including lots of looting)

oh yeah - i got it last night in the UK btw - it's absolutely fanatastic and runs smooth as you like on ps3. gorgeous to look at, no screen tearing, no noticeable pop-up, no framerate issues. brilliant feeling guns, really fun to drive vehicles, easy to get to grips with crafting system, great animation, excellent emergent gameplay with the animals etc. definite 10/10.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions