Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I finally played Hitman Absolution

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 6:25:31 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I only played the prologue and the first level thus far, but I absolutely love this game. It has a whole Splinter Cell Conviction vibe, but it's certainly still a Hitman game. The new crouching/stealth is a welcoming feature, and the new cover system feels a lot like Deus Ex - which is a good thing. The new melee system, inventory, and graphics just all seem perfect IMO.

Anyone else playing this game?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:27:17 AM PST
I have not played it, but I can't say the hype surrounding it hasn't intrigued me. I may pick it up down the road. Watching Conan O'Brien play it was funny though.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:29:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 6:31:43 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I started it last night too. So far so good. Its crazy how the gameplay looks better that the opening sequences. The way the game even started, on the side of that road reminded me of that Conviction demo, cut from the chapter where you start outside on a road and have to infiltrate the warehouse.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:29:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
It's $40 new at gamestop right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:30:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 6:30:19 AM PST
Marvelous says:
i noticed that too Mayo, kind of similar to Deus Ex and it's cutscenes. Oh, well it is Square Enix right!?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:39:01 AM PST
IPhantom says:
I picked it up for 20 though Amazon digital download. Ive got to get to it before ni nu kuni or, with all the games coming out in the first half of the year, it might be summer before I finally play it

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:15:42 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:03:22 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:37:58 AM PST
I have to say that after I heard Giant Bomb rip apart this game I wasn't too hot on wanting to play it. I still want to check it out at some point but for now Far Cry 3 and Dark Souls are keeping me busy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:41:19 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I can't remember Mog, did you like Conviction and Deus Ex?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:42:47 AM PST
Never played Conviction but I did like Deus Ex. I'm gonna refrain from saying I loved Deus Ex, I had a lot of fun with the game at the time but I don't know if it's something I'd ever go back to.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:00:57 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I got this for my Dad and he freaking loves this game. I haven't seen him this into a game since GTA and to a slightly lesser extent Sleeping Dogs. Good Xmas gift : )
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions