Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 125 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:29:37 PM PST
Jon says:
NO! NO NONO NONONONONONONON
I DIEED!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 2:37:53 PM PST
FOGE says:
I thought you were saying it's better than RE6 like we should be impressed; I misunderstood. I haven't played either.

I am excited to play this game as it is true survival horror. I like the death concept. But I'll wait for a price drop.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:42:49 PM PST
Jon says:
Okay, Now i'll rate the game a 2/10. My new character is an obnoxious sounding girl.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:24:20 PM PST
lol Jon so is mine... but I'm loving the game so far. The problem I'm having so far is getting my head around the fact that this is not COD zombies this is "I have six bullets and a bat and two flares, bawls..."

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:48:01 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
IGN always gives glowing previews and bad reviews. I stopped paying attention to their previews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:29:12 AM PST
Phranctoast says:
They gave Demon Souls a 9.4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:00:22 AM PST
Different reviewer from the one doing the previews which is why I'm guessing we're seeing a huge change in tone. I've never understood the point of having one person do previews of a game and then have someone else do the review.

I'm surprised the IGN review made no mention of the online component, being able to leave messages for other players, having your game invaded by zombies of other dead players, being able to track how your dead character zombies are doing in other games (how many people they've killed and such), and other little ideas that remind me of Demon's Souls. I didn't even realize that aspect was in the game until I saw a Kotaku article someone had posted on Facebook.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:14:46 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:20:10 AM PST
I've been following the game pretty closely since it was first announced and even I had no idea about them until I read Kotaku's article and they made mention that the features weren't live yet so they are holding their review back until later on in the week. Jim Sterling mentions it in his review but said the service wasn't active when he was playing because Nintendo hadn't brought their online system up until yesterday.

Review scores aside from what I'm reading this is about what I was expecting. I figured there would be problems with some of the design as developers try out new ideas, some will work and some won't, but overall I rather like what I'm reading. I highly enjoyed Dead Island and didn't mind the focus on melee combat there so I doubt it will bother me much here. I love the survival aspect, perma death, and how this is a slower paced title plus those Demon's Souls aspects have me very interested. Still looking forward to playing this one and seeing how long I can last.

Hopefully Ubisoft will release a patch soon to address some of the issues like clipping and what have you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:21:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 6:21:18 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It really sounds like a cross between classic RE and Silent Hill with a sprinkling of Demon's Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:23:33 AM PST
Minus those god awful tank controls which has always kept me from enjoying the older RE games.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:24:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 6:25:44 AM PST
Let's wait and see what ZombiU 2 fixes :-) (Remembers Red Steel and Red Steel 2)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:25:16 AM PST
I liked those controls :-p

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:26:43 AM PST
Ed Jones says:
I hope the the sequel isn't called ZombiU2, unless Bono is the final boss. If so, preorder.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:27:10 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I know, right? Why couldn't they have used an advanced 3D control scheme at the dawn of the 3D era? Argh!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:28:31 AM PST
Ed Jones, I had to read that 3 times and once out loud to get it, now I can't stop laughing....thanx

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:31:33 AM PST
I tried my best to get past those controls but I always hated how slowly things responded and all that, just never felt like it flowed well to me. I've heard the Gamecube remake is a lot better but sadly I have yet to play that one.

@ MrFoxhound

I get that the technology was limited back then and I don't blame the game for that, just something I personally couldn't get past. That and I played games like Metal Gear Solid before Resident Evil so as a kid I always wanted that control Metal Gear Solid gave me but in something like Resident Evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:32:30 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:33:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
If they had any other control scheme in that game it would have been horribly unbalanced. Hell, even with the existing control scheme it's easy to run circles around zombies and avoid all kinds of fights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:36:15 AM PST
I see what your saying and I understand. The REmake still had tank controls, but they were more fluid and not as choppy. If you can get your hands on it. I highly recommend it. Capcom added quite a bit to the REmake, like a whole back yard with a cabin and graves, it is really well done.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:40:10 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Re4 and 5 have tank controls too, but are somehow "teh awezomess!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:40:47 AM PST
I remember stuff like the auto aim trick to tell if a zombie was actually dead or not. I know the game was built around those controls and they work for it but it just wasn't for me. I vastly preferred how Resident Evil 4 was setup though I did wish for the ability to move and fire my weapon at the same time. However Ashley actually being helpful by pointing out enemies sneaking up behind me and such was a very nice touch.

@ Chuck Caldwell

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it but I don't think I'm going to go out of my way to try and find it. A buddy of mine had it back in the day (good lord the Gamecube can now be considered back in the day...) and I loved how they redid the cut scenes and all to make it feel more like a game instead of using the corny live action cut scenes of the original. It was pretty obvious Capcom put a lot of time and effort into that remake.

Wonder what happened to all that effort...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:43:51 AM PST
For me it had to do with being able to move the camera around so I could get a better view at the action and actually being able to aim my weapon. I don't like the static camera angles of the originals which often leave me with a pretty bad view of what is going on and I didn't like having to move between areas trying to figure out where I could get be the angle to see my attackers.

A great example of this would be the first zombie you come across and how when you back up the camera pulls back down the hallway so you can see your character but you have no idea where that zombie is. And yes I actually died there the first time lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:45:36 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Moving the camera 20 degrees in any given direction made that much of a difference?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:45:48 AM PST
Phranctoast says:
What do you consider tank controls? I always though tank controls meant if you hit up for forward you would walk forward despite where your character orientation is. For instance, if character is facing you, you would still need to hit up to move forward rather than the logical down to move in that direction.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  125
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions