Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming - 11/16 - 11/18 Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 113 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:36:29 AM PST
new Tron says:
Definitely one of my favorites this gen as well!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:39:01 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
Yeah the graphics of Nier are easily the weakest part of the game

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:41:41 AM PST
OP says:
Better than Arkham Asylum? (I haven't gotten around to Arkham City yet)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:47:05 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
It's a whole lot like Arkham Asylum, just jam packed with more stuff. It's more dense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:47:11 AM PST
new Tron says:
I though it was WAY better than Arkham Asylum. Despuite it's flaws, I liked Arkham Asylum, but I absolutely love and adore Arkham City. I think it's a HUGE step forward, like Uncharted 2 was from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:48:33 AM PST
Xenosaga III - Hearing the voice actors and actresses from this game is a reminder of the past decade. I hear the voices of Yuna & Rikku, Batou & Major Kusunagi, and Sasuke haunting the memory lane.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:48:42 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
Both of those games are amazing. It's like asking someone if they like peanut butter wrapped in chocolate or chocolate wrapped in peanut butter. My personal favorite is Arkham City...but both are great

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:49:38 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Agreed. I 100%ed Asylum and loved the game at the time, but City is pretty much an improvement in every way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:52:05 AM PST
new Tron says:
For me, having the setting of Arkham City was a much greater manifestation of the concept of being Batman than Arkham Asylum would ever allow. Playing in that huge game world, grappling from rooftop to rooftop, and finding all those secrets in every corner...it was just so much more grand than Arkham Asylum.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:55:10 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Yeah I think that's the biggest difference. Batman is a detective after all, and part of that means he has to "hunt" for the badguys.

You feel like you're doing that much more in City.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:57:34 AM PST
G-Money says:
Playing Final fantasy Aftery Years - Rydia's tale (so far it is just okay, I will continue my old school grinding). The GTA V trailer has inspired me to go back to Vice City and get 100% completion. Will have to get some gaming in with the kids, so likely some Just Dance 4, Capcom Classics collection (I am only playing Wii and old school games with the kids so that they appreciate gameplay over graphics)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:57:36 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I have no idea how anyone would have the patience, time and energy to get all those Riddler clues, and I got all the feathers in AC2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:59:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:01:14 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Well the riddler clues show up on the map, so it's actually way easier than collecting all the feathers in any AC game. The only frustrating part is coming across clues during a mission that you don't have the tools to access, yet, and taking 20 minutes to realize that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:59:58 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
I tried to do it in Arkham city and got about 85% before giving up and moving on to another game

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:05:15 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Won't lie, it takes stubborn persistence. They're all pretty easy to get, just time consuming. I will say the trophies in City are much more interesting to collect as a whole; the puzzles are actually kind of cool sometimes.

Also I frequently flip to the Steam overlay to check the browser for tips online. ;)

I've got all but 2 of the Riddler trophies for City for Batman, and I'll probably be able to knockout the Catwoman trophies pretty easily. Some of the challenges are going to be really tough though I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:07:18 AM PST
new Tron says:
The Catwoman sections of the game are SICK! Loved playing as her.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:07:19 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Somehow, some way I've basically wrapped up my backlog. Crazy right? (Yeah, I've got some dregs kicking around that are for portables but I figure I need to save those for traveling over Christmas.)

Anyway, I've been playing Risk Factions the last couple of days and really enjoying that. Tried to get back into MGS4 and just couldn't, will prolly try again or maybe just start a new run through of RE5.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:07:21 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
White Knight Chroincles II

Fun game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:08:09 AM PST
Benpachi says:
You should try tracking down all of the animals, treasures, fish, stray beads, clovers, monsters, and sun fragments in Okami. I could have beaten the game after about 30 hours, which was in line with my playthroughs before, but going for everything else tacked on another 20 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:08:19 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm still trying to plat WKC1. I'm stubborn.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:10:23 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Hey not to side track the conversation, but did you spend any time with NFS Most Wanted Emu?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:16:17 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I loved it too, finished all the sidequests and rescued all the Riddler hostages as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:17:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Those bums changed the commercial from the driver of the yellow car flipping off everyone to him throwing up the horns. \m/

Lame. Just like when they changed the commercial for Aspercream: You bet your sweet As-percream!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:21:50 AM PST
Error says:
Looking forward to trying out Mario U, Nintendoland, and Zombi U this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:24:49 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That trailer almost convinced me to go out and buy the game! Too bad the only good thing about Most Wanted, is the live ad.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions