Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fellow campers and assassins, after a week in BLOPS2, how does it stack against MW3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 121 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 9:15:48 PM PST
M4ZiNG3R_D says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:21:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:22:07 PM PST
Ham Salad says:
Your mom is much better stacked than either.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:32:42 PM PST
LOL I love the the Infinity Ward fanboys...they are just hilarious, MW2 and MW3 have been absolute garbage compared to Blops 1 and 2

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:56:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:56:36 PM PST
Real217 says:
I'd agree with Ham Salad here, nobody cares about the fact that you dont have a life, play BLOPS 2 all day and night and then its too easy to kill people because you are a camper. Get a girlfriend. If you can find one.

I dont care about MP anyways, i buy these games for the single player campaign, and since i'm not ready to play games at the moment, i'll buy this later.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:19:37 PM PST
This by far the best COD made but it's actually harder to kill people You'll get a ton of hit markers before someone dies. You should red box it if you only are playing for the campaign. Oh and I have one of these things you call a "girlfriend" I highly recommended it to everyone : )

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:28:16 PM PST
Real217 says:
I play MP once in a while, just not my thing. I like the single player, its organized. You play TDM and everybody is running around like an idiot. Its supposed to be a team based game, if everybody on TDM co-operated, they'd be winning almost every game. There's a reason the other team cant hear what you guys are saying.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:01:36 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
I like it. Uav is spammed a lot, and it's annoying during capture the flag when you're heading for the flag only for a uav to give you away. I love the guardians and can't understand why people run into the over and over. I love the pick ten feature. I hate how the score streaks are. They should base it on kills and objective like mw3 without the arbitrary number behind it. I don't want to do math while I'm in the middle of reigning lead.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:22:10 AM PST
MW3 is the worst COD ever.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:25:40 AM PST
I feel like the mp is better in the mw games but the campaign is waaaaay better in blops. camping seems to be worse in blops. every game i get into i run into those taser mines and who just happens to be prone a little ways away? the camper who placed the mine. every. single. game. i got blops 2 as a gift. which is good because i would have been a little angry if i had paid for this game. im prolly just gonna go back to halo 4. in the 40+ mp matches ive played in halo 4 ive only run into 2 campers. and they didnt last long.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:04:44 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I dont know about you but it probably depends on who you playing in a room last night i had every UAV shotdown in a matter of seconds so it was pretty worthless. Plus scorestreaks seem much harder to me unless you are camping. Not to mention i noticed that if you hold on to a killstreak reward you have unlocked for use too long and dont use it it will just go away not sure whats causing that whether if you get killed a couple times or not but there are times i have not used it trying to reach the 2nd and third tier KS only to have my first one gone.

I think BOPS2 is pretty fun so far, i did not think i would enjoy it this much

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:38:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 5:39:24 AM PST
Between 4:30pm-9:00pm at night during the week; Blops 2 can almost be unplayable MP wise sometimes. Lag latency problems and host issues ruin the game. I hardly play between that time because I have class, but yesterday I got off early and was completely surprised at how bad the servers ran. The clan who I was running with said "Welcome to Treyarch's masterpiece" <sarcasm>. They said it's like that on the PS3 almost every night. I usually play during week days after 9pm-midnight and the servers run like butter. On weekends I never have a problem. Which ever team the host is on, that team does not have a problem with lag, but the other team will. I experienced it on both ends of the spectrum, and it's truly a problem.

Besides that, the game is fun. I am halfway through prestige 1 and loving it so far. The game is a blast and the matchmaking with a full team is awesome. Just wish they fixed the lag latency/server issues when prime time is live.

MW3 was garbage, it ran like crap, and was crazy unbalanced. The maps sucked, and the game play was horrendous. I returned it the next day after putting 5 hours into the MP.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:41:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 5:42:15 AM PST
"- Less weapons and less scorestreaks (kill streaks) modes. You can't customize your gameplay whether you play Assault type or Support unlike in MW3."

What are you talking about? There is a plethora of score streaks to chose from and TONS of load out options to accompany multiple play styles. You should see my setup; I have 2 for CTF HC, 1 for SD HC, and one for TDM.

"Once you get all your weapon attachments and you go on prestige, they don't reset. Replayability just got boring. Basically you're just prestiging for having a cool-looking rank and not for unlocking items."

No, you have to unlock all the weapons, all the call signs, emblems, the challenges, score streaks, etc. Again, I don't know what you are talking about? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:43:14 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I have not had any issues with the servers I played last night from 6pm to about 8pm ET and not until 7:59 I froze for the first time and that was really the only issue i had. Have you ever looked at the room after a match and seen some of those people bars next to their name for their connection?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:44:10 AM PST
I agree with this, MW2 was nothing compared to MW1 or Blops (even though I didn't like Blops 1); and MW3 was beyond garbage and is nothing compared to Blops 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:45:03 AM PST
Yes, on bad host teams, everyone on the opposing team is green bars and all of my team is red/yellow bars. It happened all last night until about 10pm where it went away; finally.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:06:11 AM PST
FOGE says:
I love it. My favorite CoD. The pick 10 is a great idea. I usually overload my first gun w attachments or don't use a second gun. I tend to swap my pistol for something on the ground anyway.

I don't see as many UAVs as you guys do. Everyone I see uses the hunter killer. I get killed by those all the fresking time. I wish my teammates would use UAVs more since they help the whole team out.

I def recommend this to fans of Blops 1. I prefer it to MW3 which I enjoyed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:08:12 AM PST
FOGE says:
Score streaks are much harder to get if you camp. They reward players who go after objectives, not their own K/D ratio. Big improvement in my eyes.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:14:13 AM PST
Sars says:
after a week of playing taking leave last week, and hitting level 55. I am not going to prestige cause i have 25 tokens left and i have everything i need, I would have to say by far the best cod yet. the guns handle well and all feel unique. The maps are awsome and there are plenty of ways to flank your oponent. The create a class system is the best yet, and i am enjoying running around with just a pistol in hardcore, and having 3 attachments on some of my guns. You can really create a class that fits your play style and for every situation. The change they made to ghost is for the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:15:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:16:47 AM PST
I also love the Pick 10, we get customizing but NO ONE can be over powered.

I usually roll out with the Gunfighter perk (3 gun attachments) and 4 main perks with a bouncing betty or claymore. Unstoppable.

"Score streaks are much harder to get if you camp. They reward players who go after objectives, not their own K/D ratio. Big improvement in my eyes."

Agreed here too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:19:58 AM PST
Sars says:
definently, In hardcore i run around with a pistol 4 perks and 2 bouncing beatys, i win most of the free for alls im in. In core i use the last assault riffle 5 perks and a bouncing beaty.

That last assault riffle is a beast

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:20:30 AM PST
Real217 says:
I agree with BLOPS having better campaigns, than MW. MW seems to have better MP though. MW2 was a double-edged sword, free and entertaining to do anything at will, also leads to people cheating a lot. MW3 is like a refined MW2. MW3 would've been the best yet except they dekuf up the shotguns.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:20:55 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Bro i love that bouncing betty I am a beast with those things Yesterday I got a sweet triple kill.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:21:39 AM PST
I troll campers until they leave the game. Scum of the FPS world.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:41:51 AM PST
A friend asked for advice the other night on which one to buy (Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 3). So people pretty much agree on Black Ops as the better choice? Or does anyone else think (like above) that if you prefer the multiplayer you should go with Modern Warfare?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:44:10 AM PST
@ sars and Wes; Bouncing Betty's suck though for good COD players - if you prone when they explode - you won't die. You go right underneath explosion :).

But that's interesting, a pistol with 5 perks. I am going to give that a try.
Also Sars, the Swat 556 is by far my most favored assault rifle.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  121
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions