Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Report: Sony Has Major Announcement For May, Possibly About PlayStation 4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 2:07:16 PM PST
Waldo says:
Not sure if anyone has shared this already or not, if so, oh well.

Engadget's Spanish language site published an interview with with Sony VP of home entertainment Hiroshi Sakamoto today, in which Sakamoto hints that a major hardware announcement from the company is coming around the time of the annual E3 convention.

According to Engadget's translation, "He told Emol (translated by Engadget Spanish) in response to a question about "a new announcement related to the new PlayStation," that while the news is "still a big secret," the PlayStation side of Sony, "are getting ready for it."

After a follow-up question regarding whether the news was a "big announcement" or "something complimentary," he stated, "Probably the former, on that date we hope to deliver big news, but we must wait until May at least."

Obviously, it's -- while this is hardly a confirmation -- it's easy to read this comments that the next PlayStation console, codenamed "Orbis," is being set to be announced at or around the time of E3. Sounds like this should be a very interesting show indeed.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/16/report-sony-readying-major-announcement-for-may-possibly-about-playstation-4.aspx

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:11:50 PM PST
John McClane says:
Lair 2

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:13:05 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I hope this big secret is that they actually have a games for the Vita.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:13:18 PM PST
Waldo says:
lol People really love that game, since it's brought up so much! ;)~

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:13:57 PM PST
PlayStation Move Mini for Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 2:14:47 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
We can only hope.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:15:40 PM PST
Waldo says:
They gonna announce the Move & Kinect can finally talk to each other!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:17:36 PM PST
Lair Vita

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:18:08 PM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Wonderbook Vita

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 2:18:12 PM PST
Killzone Mercenary
Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Dragon's Crown.

Oh, wait, we already knew about it.
These are games, right?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:20:47 PM PST
Waldo says:
If only Sony had Kinetimals, Sesame Street & Disneyland Adventures! *crosses fingers*

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:37:10 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I dread the announcement of new consoles because I will want to buy it and I shouldn't. All it will take is The Last Guardian, Dragon Age 3 and FF Versus 13 and I'll be a launch console sucker yet again. No self control with my fun money.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:41:35 PM PST
Why is it that I wouldn't be disappointed by an announcement for Lair 2? That game could have been great if they had pulled it off and left the gimmick of using the sixaxis controls. I mean, just think about the premise and tell me that it doesn't sound like it would be epic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 3:48:50 PM PST
It could be epic, granted. But the VGF meme ruined the franchise for all of us.
It's like Holli trying to have a serious conversation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 3:52:59 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
We can only dream, my friend.

Lair. It shall come bundled with the PS4, being the only game available at release. And despite the Next-Box having Halo 5 and Gears 4, the PS4 will outsell it - simply because of Lair...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 4:37:19 PM PST
Dude FF Verses 13 is dead that game is never getting released. Square Enix has basically said it with their lack of information the game. It's an issue when people have to ask SE about the game and they get the same reply "We'll release info in 3 months". They just keep kicking the can further down that game will not get released.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 4:41:21 PM PST
Waldo says:
FF is overrated anyways!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 5:48:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2013 5:48:45 PM PST
Krypto Koopa says:
Most likely be yet another God of War collection.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd8762e00)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions